Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 7th, 2008

Sorry for your family's loss.

Fear sounds interesting to me. My main is an MA and his fear line has never really done anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

First off condolances.

And just to be clear, we are talking possibliy 8 secs Fear AND stuns? From crats? I mean, as they dont have a strong enough toolset already?

I gotta agree with Masta on this one.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Thank you for the update and condolences to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    When feared you will flee in terror...running away from your target like a maniac.
    This just cracked me up. I could see the player hit with this being forced to run away, arms flailing and screaming like a little girl. Almost fell out of my chair thinking about what would happen if it was accidently self-cast.
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

iirc - fears are breakable on damage, so if you got fear and then some trusty AS into your back - it'll be end of fear.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    My main is an MA and his fear line has never really done anything.
    It had it uses at borgs, when I was there with my froobie MA.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Typing this on an IPhone took forever...I'll try to add to this thread this week.
    Haha!
    Ask for a raise and get a lap with some wireless!

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    My main is an MA and his fear line has never really done anything.
    I used the fear quite a few times f.ex:
    -when hunting inf dynas when there are alot of adds around and you're either lasy or just run in on a berserk mode(like me), then fear is great to get rid of adds between dof/limber cooldowns.
    -its an excellent tool for places where aggro forbids you from doing something, f.ex catacomb exits: run to the exit, wait for all adds to come, fear, zone
    Think there would be some more uses to this.
    Last edited by Koizumi; Nov 8th, 2008 at 00:04:30.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Hey Means, I'm sad to hear about your loss...

That said, what you're saying in the rest of the post is sounding really good. You sound like you really want to make the game balanced, and like you won't stop at the usual Funcom phrase when it concerns obvious imbalances - "Working as intended (TM)". I hope you keep it that way and take a look at some of the other balance issues, and if you've been playing the game in TL7 pvp I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

My condolences,

So 18.0 will be the new booster... what about the new engine?
    Will it be placed in another update then? Still aiming for this year?
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Typing this on an IPhone took forever...I'll try to add to this thread this week.

Colin "Means" Cragg
    lol, true dedication. Cheers for the update Means. Condolences to your family.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Sorry for your loss and condolences to your family.

Looking forward to seeing CC implemented just please be sure it is ready before you release it no matter how trigger happy anyone gets!

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    iirc - fears are breakable on damage, so if you got fear and then some trusty AS into your back - it'll be end of fear.
    .... *smiles* and the beginning of Reclaim.

probably a slight overstatement but ... not a very reassuring example to use
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    From crats? I mean, as they dont have a strong enough toolset already?
    I was about to quip something about lol'ing in your direction, but that doesn't cover. The Bureaucrat toolset is underpowered and crowd control overall is just broken. I think you are referring to the stuns which, I feel obliged to point out, is not a Crat's entire toolset.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

My condolences to your family, Means.

As to the introduction of fear- and knockback mechanics in AO... It does look intriguing and will be quite interesting to test out on TestLive. Let's not start whining too much before it actually gets adjusted from Test and put on the servers ^^ Constructive feedback while in a testing process from the players is sure to help out in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Wantsumore View Post
    Regarding the main post. When a player fears another, does it terminate the targets attack bar? I would suggest not because if that were the case, I (for example) could fear somebody, stop my attack, and use the uber veteran heal kit. Then restart my attack before they are able to use items ect.
    A good point, though perhaps being able to cancel attack yourself would be neat to prevent Backstab-heaven from all those pesky advies ( ^_^ ) and shades

We'll see what happens, it will interesting
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

oh great... Dark Age Of Crowd Control /boggle

hmm, that kinda majorly /failed

pvp's already a joke with evades and proc stuns, roots, snares, blinds,
    triples, double, quadruples, unkillable fixers, sit down and heal while a
    soldier is fa/bursting away and you are laughing waiting on ams to go
    down for an easy kill blah blah blah /farts

where will it end? seriously, more crowd control is the exact opposite of what's needed /shakes head

yeap daoc all over again, when will they learn?
    Odewad:

"He's not gonna read it over again, cause he didn't read it to start with.....he's a friggin idiot. He's the Ralph Cranden of the forums....all mouth no brain. "One of these days Alice.....""

Whose idea was knockback, and can we please not have it in AO?

Best wishes to your family, Means. I lost my mother a couple of years ago and its still hard to overcome. Thanks for the update, shows a lot of character on your behalf.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

Fear and Knockback are going to become a part of regular AO pvp. You are not going to be staring helplessly at your character for long periods of time. Crats will be a class that has a fear toolset, and as such it is likely that the stun durations will be adjusted at the same time.
    Couldn't agree more..that is why 8 seconds is an absolute maximum under any and ALL circumstances. Losing control of your char for longer than that is absurd...and hopefully won't exist anymore in the near future.
    Cool so GTH is being adjusted too?

There's at least 2 professions for whom GTH may as well be a 60s stun.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Foob View Post
    If I wanted to play a game with AoC mechanics then I wouldn't have quit it and returned to AO. This game already has a huge amount of debuffs/stuns. Rethink plx...
    I agree... fears, knockbacks, raid interface... we'll have to see how it all turns out but the sound of it is awfully hyborian.

On the other hand, AoC did NAIL some things on the head that AO has never touched.

Neat things from AoC that would be AWESOME implemented in AO:

- Nano Casting Queing [click 2 nanoskills one after the other, and the second one starts casting as soon as the first has finished it's cooldown.]
    - Water you can Swim in
    - Being able to cast nanos while on "vehicles" [mounts]
    - Planetmap Indicator of Team Member Positions - even when they are out of range. <-- Can't stress how amazingly appreciated this would be.
    - Customizable Hotkeys - Shift + F1, Shift + F2, Shift + 1, Shift+2, etc... So you aren't forced to use num's 1-0 and fumble with shift and alt when you want to swap bars.
    - A way to see the zones everyone in your friends list are in - possibly optional, or only between mutal friends.

AoC did all these things, i'm sure AO could too =p
    Last edited by Threezey; Nov 8th, 2008 at 09:24:33.
    Threeze - 220/24/69 Neutral Fixer [Old New E], [Old Old E]
    Threezeley -220/17 Neutral Meta-Physicist
    Maytricks -218/18 Neutral Doctor
    Beautystrike -150/00 Neutral Nano-Technician
    Bloodred -150/05 Clan Agent
    Optimize -147/05 Omni Bureaucrat
    Maytri -120/02 Neutral Engineer
    Oneze -74/07 Neutral Fixer

[QUOTE=Means;5339997]Looking at your list of 220's I imagine you really returned to us because you weren't trapped under something heavy . QUOTE]

OMG I laffed so hard I drooled a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Cool so GTH is being adjusted too?

There's at least 2 professions for whom GTH may as well be a 60s stun.
    /bump
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast