Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bump for Soldiers love patch

Originally posted by Paxton
    You've been warned. You're fired.

[Edit] Okay I'll be more specific. Have you forgotten agents? What if you outdamage them? Of course soldiers should be doing as much as enforcers, but if you outdamage agents who would ever want them in a team? No one does now. You can't realistically expect to TAKE and DEAL the most damage at once.
    Err no...Enforcers take the most dmg. Thats why they have hp buffs like essence. But sol's should be second best.
    Otherwise whats the point? No aggro, no dmg, no heals, no tradesills, no nothing.
    As far as out damaging agents....Agents arn't meant to do more dmg than soldiers... The point of being an agent is to sneak evade and execute opportunistic strikes through the game.
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Ooh, execute opportunistic strikes! Fancy euphemism for "Doing no damage and being worthless but feeling uber." I'm gonna end here because you can list advantages and disadvantages all day, but without mathematical rigor, it means nothing. Go figure out how many hit points reflect shield saves you from losing (the only buff, save crappy damage debuffs that can reduce damage below minimum) in one battle and how much easier it is for a healer to replenish and perhaps when you pass algebra we'll talk. And stop comparing yourself to MAs. FunCom raised the bar with the love patch and now everyone else sucks. Gotta wait your turn.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

ugh...n00b
    the math has been posted up here on the boards countless times so I will not go through it agian. You go make a soldier and level it up to 150 and see if you're still singing the same tune untill then you have no idea of what you're talking about. In fact none of your characters is above 100 are they? And as for me passing algebra, Ive passed it, trig, calculus and done more complicated math then you will probably ever even see. So dont give me that crap.

Your conclusions about the current state of soldiers aside, the fact still remains.

Soldiers need love.

So...Bump
    Last edited by Kaliopious (old); Oct 13th, 2002 at 20:49:09.
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

You've been warned. You're fired.

[Edit] . . . You can't realistically expect to TAKE and DEAL the most damage at once.
    Take the time to educate yourself about soldiers complaints before you make statements like this. Its not accurate.

nd stop comparing yourself to MAs. FunCom raised the bar with the love patch and now everyone else sucks. Gotta wait your turn.
    First, not everyone else sucks. Second, you think our love will come without complaining fine, but if we complain in the mean time whats the harm to you.

If soldiers did more damage than "damage dealing" professions, then they would take TWO roles, and all you would need for a perfect group is soldiers, docs, and maybe a calmer. If you can't see how that would break roles, therefore invvalidating every other profession, you're fired.
    You don't think soldiers are a "damage dealing" profession?

From the mouths of Funcom: “[Soldiers] are not the ones who are supposed to deal the highest amount of damage over short periods of time, nor the highest overall damage, but they should be among the best.”

Now at lvls 130ish plus when certain noncombat professions start doing similar damage to soldiers; I think we have a right to complain that our role as “among the best” damage dealers is not fulfilled.
    Last edited by Johnathgalt; Oct 6th, 2002 at 03:34:17.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

I think I need to clarify my stance on soldiers, because you are getting the wrong ideas.

I am aware that soldiers are somewhat of gimps right. Also, I do believe that soldiers need some love, BUT, I think soldiers have the wrong idea on that kind of love. I NEVER said soldiers did the most damage or tank the best. They tank in a close second to enforcers... and need some love. But let me ask, do you want that love to be more damage? Have you read other professions complaints? So far the profession balance is 2 tanks, 3 calmers, 1 healer and the rest are supposed "damage dealers." Now let me ask, when the love arrives, do you want to be a badass tank soldier that can equal enforcers in toughess? Or do you want to be yet another wussy "damage dealer" that hides behind an enforcer and jerks off at the "big numbers."

--Quite frankly, I am tired of hearing the phrase "doing damage," there are several other ways to be an effective team player.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

I think Or do you want to be yet another wussy "damage dealer" that hides behind an enforcer and jerks off at the "big numbers."

--Quite frankly, I am tired of hearing the phrase "doing damage," there are several other ways to be an effective team player.

wow...u wonna be a Rambo?) heh wuss ...

soldiers arent gimps..most of posters here are..for sure

play a trader..100% u will be gimp again

Originally posted by Johnathgalt
    Now at lvls 130ish plus when certain noncombat professions start doing similar damage to soldiers; I think we have a right to our role as “among the best” damage dealers is not fulfilled.
    I'm not so sure about that. Most of the soldiers I've seen have done just fine being among the best damage dealers in the team, with MA's nearly always winning and my NT holding her own most (but not all) of the time.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

bumpage

Make damage 100%, it would be really interesting to see the affect it would have on pvp. *grins evilly* I don't even bother doing PVP cuz i think it's a waste of time being so unbalanced for various classes.

And just maybe - maybe - it would be appropriate to give us an anti root buff.
    I know that nano resist is buggered, but what the hell is the point of haveing a skill that doesn't work on the list? At least that would even the playing field for al the wasted ip's and skill resets i used up earlier in my characters life.
    Krazyazzcdn: Engie looking for tradeskills to rival the gods
    Doomcratcdn : A Combat Crat - death & destruction in triplicate.
    Doomfarercdn : Soldat in hopes of Ubehness
    Doomsnipecdn : The cheeky little bugger whose hidden in the weeds..

Dovie' andi se tovya sagain.....

Badda Bump!

BUUUUUUMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPP

I still want my damn Nophex Funcom!!!!!

Originally posted by BoomDoom
    I'm not so sure about that. Most of the soldiers I've seen have done just fine being among the best damage dealers in the team, with MA's nearly always winning and my NT holding her own most (but not all) of the time.
    My main point with respect to the posters apparent view that soldiers are not "damage dealers."

With respect to whether are not we are "among the best," I'm sure we could argue about it all day long (personally, based on my experience I think we are a little underpowered). I don't necessarily agree word for word with everything every soldier said in this thread, but I agree with the principle that we need lubin.
    Last edited by Johnathgalt; Oct 6th, 2002 at 03:32:33.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Bada Bump!
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man

BUMP
    Last edited by Kaliopious (old); Oct 13th, 2002 at 20:49:53.

bump
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

All FC Needs to do is:

1. Unerf reflective shields (make it actually reflect % like before)...that alone I believe fixes most of our damn problems (make rrf/rrfe soldier-only then)

2. cap healing in pvp just a dmg is...why wouldnt you do this in the very first place?..it only makes sense

3. Nophex boss loot !!

um....bump

*bump*
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

dont forget to bump
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast