Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Angry BUMMMMMP

so many ways to improve SOLDIER profession without unbalancing game
    so many players from others classes TOTALLY overpowering us with PET or with already got LOVE PATCH bumping against a lovepatch fur US, with no consistent arguments and having never play a soldier
    so many thing nerfing us from day to day

BUMP

for a love patch

plz FC
    read and do something, and do it GREAT
    HURRY
    Last edited by Kaliopious (old); Oct 13th, 2002 at 20:48:30.

i have ... for a long time ago forget i played a soldier for 161 levels .. i have ... for a long time ago .. forget i was able to go in an arena and accept duels without knowing i had 5% chance to survive.
    so .... i rerolled a Doc ... it Owns !! PvM / PvP whatever only Traders i can Phear .. No "basic" mob i am affraid of ( at least it takes a LOOOOooooong time to kill )

but today .. i'd like to play my Soldier again ... remembering my TMS was absorbing 75% and reflecting 75% damages back to the attacker ...

remembering my Bursts at low levels were almost doing as much damages as a critical hit and quite often much more !! ( thing i can hardly do now ... about 1/2 burst ... not talking about doing MORE damages than a critical )

juste reconsider .. there is no fun playing a profession that only have 3 butons to use : Fling Shot / Burst / Full Auto

TMS isn't usefull in PvM team mission since i'm never aggroed OMHH amuses me when i egt bored ... i tend to switch alot in orders to have something to do and try to beat my damages high scores ( especially using Sunburst Mk III )

At least my soldier is logged on a 18h spawn guilds needs ... i have no more fun w/ him anymore
    At least, i know that Daria / Zuwadza / Torrith/ Van Horn ... etc .. etc... phear my Fling / Burst / FA .. not only them .. maybe my campers colleages do too
    Sylphe666 enlightened Soldier Eqp

Sylphema -149- Martial Artist

Eternal Fury

BumP

Don't get me started today......

yea fo real
    14.6 NT patch

BUT give sols and some engs some no bs Good junx
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

Hmmm

I am kind of happy...... heh.

The Hellspinner has improved my lifeexpectancy and my the odds of actually winning a fight.....

I dumped my ELLTS for TIM`s scope and I am now fighting at 50% aggro or less... heaven forbid, I actually resisted a debuff the other day.

Weapons along these lines are what we need, all I need now are clusters that dont conflict so I can get my atk rating up =P

Modifiable weaponry is definately the way to go.. no extend that thought and let us modify the the albrecht and other parts of the armor too....
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Originally posted by GearheadX
    This is going to get me some strange looks, but why ask for a nerf on the other classes? The big problem is that people keep asking for other people to get crippled, which ultimately hurts the PvM game.

Don't Nerf.

Bring the guys who are lagging behind UP...

HOHO!!

Yeah, only problem is that FC have proven to be 100000x faster to nerf than to boost:

1. Boost reqs programming and other time consuming stuff
    2. Nerfs reqs just a few small adjustments to programming already done.

As we all know FC dont have money... they dont have available programmers etc, so we are presented 2 choices on how to reach balance:

1: Whine for a year that your profession is gimped, and then just as in the NTs case get a boost promised, but then later drawn back with no further promises. This means boosts takes at least a year.

or

2: Scream for a nerf, and odds are that the nerf will be through within the month.

I prefere choice nr 2, not because I prefere nerfs, but because I dont have the patience to wait for balance more than a month or perhaps 2.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Keep it on top soldiers!!!

one fix that would greatly help the soldiers is making SPECIALS mean something...

right now someone with 500 Full auto who barely squeezes into a gun to avoid OE rules can do the same damage as someone with 800 Full Auto... now that is screwed up considering the amount of ip devoted to upping the skill and the use of implant locations to keep the skill high....

Same is true of Fling Shot and Burst and Aimed Shot (except aimed shot has a modifier attached to it)

These skills used to mean something... Burst used to be a useful attack, not a slightly larger fling shot that recycles in a lot longer time... A brawl recycles in the same time as a fling shot, but outdamages a fling shot considerably!!!

On the melee side... upping Brawl actually gives back benefit with increased damage... THIS is how fling, burst and Full Auto SHOULD work

Specials need modifiers.... and modifiers that work regularly... Other classes should not be as effective at the use of burst and full auto as a soldier... this could be achieved by actually making the skill mean something.

This is not a bump.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

14.6 seems to be a joking hate patch for us - so keep this on top until we get real usefull stuff
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Talking Bump

This is for you Warcriminal....
    "is there anyone on this ship who remotely looks like Satan?"

Pluspol - NT
    Ozon - crat

We got a patch!!!1

Shame its a joke patch....

Whoever thought out those reqs need to take their basic math classes all over again.

We are the only profession I know that debuff ourselves before fighting (total focus).... and now they want us to further lower our Attack Rating to be able to cast nanos that either doesnt give us more attack rating or gives us less than we lost since we had to take out imps that raised attack to be able to cast???

On top of that we need to fill up our ncus with mochies .... GAAAAAAH!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

what love patch you talking about this is a joke patch at best.
    Lmao i cant believe enf get love before soldiers and NTs.
    Meby FC Ceo just started an enf...
    Infamine 200 soljah

Probaly tired of his to Uber smurf, and rerolled an enf, yes.
    PREDICAMENT|220:26| SENZOR|220:17| TWERRAX|218:11|

Re: Re: Bump for Soldiers love patch

Originally posted by TheDeacon

Yeah, I know what you mean. As an MP I'm tired of getting shot. I mean come on, I'm a priest touched by the hand of God or mocham or whoever. I shouldn't be able to take damage!

And yeah, those deprives suck. I mean, they take your attack rating down to the level of an engi or even worse, a metaphysicist. Yikes. Oh but wait, engis and MPs have their---wait, where the hell did our pets go? oh waaaaait, it's over there humping the corner. Oh those silly things. But that's okay, I'll just throw up my Mk shie--er wait, I don't have one. Maybe I'll hotswap a flashp---oh wait, Id need a trader and soldier for that
    lOl preach the good gospel, soldiers need work that is true, I play a soldier, only level 112 so I haven't run into the high level problems yet but there still are some. It's very true that if an enforcer or MA is around, soldiers are just SOL when it comes to most groups picking members..and when they DO get lucky well..put it this way, cacodemon laughs at them when they see the poor guys trying to keep aggro off the doctor..and you know cacodemon isn't one to laugh when it comes to keeping aggro off people, especially me. While they're fixing soldiers, give mps some more attention, raise cacos attack rating, make it hit faster or something, and give us a longer stun, or take away the ludicrous 1 and 2 hand blunt requirements for mp summoned weapons..they know damn well we weren't meant to wield any type of weapons within any logical amount of reason.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

lets all do a server reset and start from lvl 1 that sounds like fun to me
    3dmax is a way of life

210 Ma. Techlog
    175 Doc. Tecdoc
    145 Mp. Tecmeta

Old thread. Bumping is not constructive. Closing the thread.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345