Thread: Discoveries of Wonder, Inventions of Marvel VI

Discoveries of Wonder, Inventions of Marvel VI

Date: SATURDAY 15th of November
    Time: from 19:00 GMT
    Server: Atlantean

If it's November, it must be time for the annual Science Symposium!

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots would like to invite all scientists, engineers, medical researchers, mathematicians and inventors from all over Rubi-Ka to take part in the 6th Annual Isaac Asimov Scientific Symposium. If you have made any interesting discoveries, formulated a new intriguing hypothesis or just stumbled accidentally on a magnificent new invention you wish to discuss this with your peers in a friendly environment with a lot of alcohol, please give get in touch. Or just come and sit in the audience, pretend to listen and drink the free booze!

Everyone form any faction welcome, even Bazzit.

If you plan to speak at the symposium, please post your name and your topic below. Time premitting, we will also allow speakers who just turn up on the day to make their presentations too, but preference will be given to those who have booked in advance

Hope to see you all there,

Dabblez

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)

/ooc

This is a roleplaying event open to everyone. We've run this event in November each year since 2003 which I sure count as some sort of record, so think of it not just as an roleplaying event, but as a slice of MMO history!

Additionally we are looking for a few speakers willing to give a little 5-10 minute in-game presentation about something vaguely scientific and vaguely AO related. The science doesn’t have to make any sense as long as it’s entertaining. You can work alone or in groups, use any props if you like anything goes!

The logs from past Scientific Symposiums can be found here:

Log for 2007

Log for 2006

Log for 2005

Log for 2004

Log for 2003

If you think you might like to get involved in this, reply to this thread or give Dabblez a tell.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

One week to go!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I have two topics to talk about, one being in history, the other in bioengineering and medicine. I have to get clearence from Rita for the later speech though.

Kind regards
    -Pearlie "Ariensky" Wright, Omni-Med employee 2-4601

The world must know what I have been working on the past months. I will be making a presentation at the Symposium.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Lately rumours have been going around about Yuttos Energy Drink.
    I'd like to adress any rumour that people have heard about Yuttos Energy Drink. Because none of them is true. Not even the rumour about the "Founding Glacier" flavour.
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?