Thread: Neutral Rights Day Planning Meeting

Neutral Rights Day Planning Meeting

There was a Neutral Rights Day meeting on the 29th of October.
    The log can be found at:

This log includes some of the idea's for events to take place on the day, so I'm giving a

Spoilers Warning!

http://thirdfaction.10.forumer.com/v...hp?p=1087#1087
    Last edited by Lasliana; Oct 29th, 2008 at 23:37:06.

Thanks very much to everyone who attended our meeting today. We had a great turnout! Thanks especially to our sided guests who showed up. Your patience was most appreciated.

We'll be having another meeting sometime this weekend so that people who couldn't attend today might still be able to participate in the planning of Neutral Rights Day. This weekend's meeting will be open to any Neutral, Omni-Tek employee or Clanner who might wish to play a role in the -planning- of the upcoming Neutral Rights Day. If you'd like to participate in the planning, please be sure to check in with the link Lasliana posted above for more information.

DON'T follow that link if you just want to show up and enjoy the festivities on Neutral Rights Day! That link is only for people who wish to work hard on PLANNING the event. (We may eventually move that thread to a planners-only board.)

The 2nd Neutral Rights Day will be at 20:00 on Saturday, November 29th. Watch for an official advertisement which will be posted here on this site soon!
    Be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Kairileska:60:MP:Retired President of Third Faction
    Kairistrife
    :220:Keeper:Squad Commander

Neutral Forever!

(20:10) Uragon: I appreciate any coordination of your public assemblies with us, it will ensure maximum protection for all parties involved.
    Omni-Pol promisses protection for neutrals on a Neutral rights day?
    What's next?
    Dinner with Silvertone?
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Well, if the offered "protection" is anything like what they gave us at last year's Neutral Rights Day, I think we'll pass, thank you.

Kairistrife

Neutral Forever!

(( I'm sorry I could not attend, real life has me in a bit of a strangle hold at the moment. If I don't find time to participate in the events, I hope they go well. ))
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Kairistrife View Post
    Well, if the offered "protection" is anything like what they gave us at last year's Neutral Rights Day, I think we'll pass, thank you.
    Could be me but I cant remember anything bad happened last year..
    The Red Brotherhood

think I recall some kind of attempt on someone's life in newland in a very public and crowded area
    Alexanderw 220/17 Opi MA Current setup work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    (( I'm sorry I could not attend, real life has me in a bit of a strangle hold at the moment. If I don't find time to participate in the events, I hope they go well. ))
    Berael, if you aren't able to be around for this year's NRD, you'll be missed. ((Good luck with the RL stuff and hope to see you around again soon!))

Quote Originally Posted by Chaupin View Post
    Could be me but I cant remember anything bad happened last year..
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderw View Post
    think I recall some kind of attempt on someone's life in newland in a very public and crowded area
    That's right, Alex. What was originally intended to be a day of peaceful protests at last year's Neutral Rights Day turned into quite an eventful day.

During opening speeches of last year's event, our dear friend Dr. Kozlorre Felanski was assassinated before he was able to disclose information about some sort of anti-Neutral plot. Kozlorre's insurance was either faulty or deleted so his death was, sadly, permanent. The assassin was quickly captured, but somehow permanently died in the custody of the Newland Militia before he could be questioned. Surely a sore subject for General Hekkat... (See IRRK: Newland Minister shot after discovering Clan conspiracy and Newland Council Minister "Kozlorre" assassinated).

Though tempers were hot, the blockade of the Old Athen grid access that followed remained peaceful, as did the speeches at ICC.

The NLF's protest at the Clon**** Notum Cannons went tragically wrong, resulting in two more permanent deaths and the apparent amnesia of the rest of the NLF protesters (some suspect this was due to some involvement by Omni Reform...) (See: IRRK: The End of the NLF. In Style).

And finally, we gathered together at the end of a long day, with heavy hearts, for what was originally supposed to have been a celebratory party, with DJs Tarryk and Veldron, when "Administrator" Jessica Lonare showed up with her thugs trying to break up our peaceful gathering. The very same soldiers who are now offered to us for "protection" opened fire on us, leading to what is now known as "The Battle of Borealis". (See: IRRK: Rubi-Ka Feels the 1st Neutral Rights Day and IRRK: The Battle of Borealis). We (and the Borealis Freedom Fighters -- yahoo!) sure showed those Omni bullies what they can do with their "protection". Admiral Nohva said of the battle, "For neutrals, I hope they come away proud. Proud knowing that their own brothers and sisters fought to protect them, and confident knowing that gone are the days of the fence sitter, the pacifist - If pushed, we will push back."

It's been more than a year since that fateful day. Neutral leaders are now gathering together to plan for the second Neutral Rights Day. We're hoping to present to Neutral citizens -- and all citizens of Rubi-Ka -- with a different angle on the day's theme, a much happier day.

If any Neutral is still interested in helping with the planning of this year's Neutral Rights Day, you are welcome to join us at any of our upcoming planning meetings. Also, our meetings will remain open (at least for now) to any member of the Clans or Omni-Tek who might wish to see what we're up to. Hopefully this will help to stem any su****ion and keep things peaceful this year.

We will be meeting every Wednesday (20:00 GMT/UTC/RST) and Saturday (time TBA) until the event. If you missed last Wednesday's meeting and would like to be notified of the time and location of upcoming meetings, please sign up here or send General Lasliana a /tell. (If you attended the meeting on October 29th, you are already on the list and will be notified.)

--------------------
    ((OOC -- Omnis and Clanners are encouraged to participate in the planning stages so that they can prepare their own appropriate actions for the day.))

Kairistrife

Neutral Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderw View Post
    Then you probably must remember the minister was shot by a clanner and as Kairi said, it was Hekkat&co who failed to keep the clan asassin alive. Don't blame us for your own mess.

As for the NLF accident I could be wrong again but 1. it didnt happened at neutral rights day. 2. why do you suddenly whine about those pesky mages? they weren't even neutral, they were just a bunch of fanatic breedists who were only intrested in the death of all species except for the the nanomages (and atrox since they can not reproduce themselfs).
    The Red Brotherhood

Then you probably must remember the minister was shot by a clanner and as Kairi said, it was Hekkat&co who failed to keep the clan asassin alive. Don't blame us for your own mess.
    It's been suggested that perhaps the assassination was "a complex plan by Omni-Reform to disrupt Neutral-Clan relations". It's funny that you and Omni-Pol would be so unconcerned with the loss of the assassin. If Omni's hands were really clean in the whole thing, I would think they would be most disappointed to have lost the last witness that could have cleared them. I can, however, see how relieved the guilty parties might be to see the assassin silenced forever.

As for the NLF accident I could be wrong again but 1. it didnt happened at neutral rights day. 2. why do you suddenly whine about those pesky mages? they weren't even neutral, they were just a bunch of fanatic breedists who were only intrested in the death of all species except for the the nanomages (and atrox since they can not reproduce themselfs).
    1. I'm afraid you're mistaken... check out the schedule of events planned for last year's Neutral Rights Day here.

2. You might want to check out the history of the founders of Third Faction and its first leader, Nohva. They were all former members of NLF. While I've never condoned NLF's practices, I can completely understand how threatened they feel and why they would want to change things in the world (and I happen to find their elitist attitude toward non-nanomages amusing and kind of cute). Many of us were inspired by Nohva's revelations after he and the other 3F founders decided to leave NLF, inspired by the vision he shared for all Neutrals and Rubi-Ka. So our concern for nanomages hardly came out of the blue. But who's whining, anyway? I certainly wouldn't call what Neutrals did to Lonare's guards in the Battle of Borealis "whining", would you? Finally, with such a diverse Neutral population these days, there is at least one thing that all Neutrals have in common, and that is (the obvious) being neither Omni nor Clan. NLFers are most certainly that, as are Third Faction and other Neutral organizations.

Kairistrife

Neutral Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairistrife View Post
    While I've never condoned NLF's practices, I can completely understand how threatened they feel and why they would want to change things in the world (and I happen to find their elitist attitude toward non-nanomages amusing and kind of cute). Many of us were inspired by Nohva's revelations after he and the other 3F founders decided to leave NLF, inspired by the vision he shared for all Neutrals and Rubi-Ka.
    Im SO touched by your words. Ofcourse we can and are feeling for those poor nanomages. Especially Nohva who then came up with this wonderfull idea of cutting of the heads of those annoying pesky Solitus men and women from all factions, very cute and amusing. neutral Omni and Clan alike. just because he was so poor and felt threatend. Indeed very understandable. Also very understandable he suddenly out of the blue feels so affected for the neutral population and even more understandable that a great part of those neutrals see him as an inspiration...no really, very understandable....
    The Red Brotherhood

I don't think relating to, and being concerned about, the threat of extinction of an entire breed justifies your insinuation. Relating to their plight does not equate to approval of their actions.

I can have compassion for a breed without approving or excusing the desperate acts of a small group of people who've committed horrendous acts of violence. As I said, I do not, and never have, condoned NLF's terrorist practices. I believe that terrorist acts are acts of cowardice, regardless of motives. In NLF's case, I believe their acts were the horrible results of being long mistreated leading to their warped perceptions.

Do not, sir, confuse Third Faction with the Nanomage Liberation Front. I challenge you to find anything that suggests that Third Faction has been anything but straightforward in our support for all Neutrals -- of ALL breeds. Furthermore, Third Faction has gone to great lengths to extend opportunities for Omni officials and Clan representatives to work with us in our pursuit of Neutral freedom. As leader of Third Faction, Nohva's words, plans, and actions were nothing but honorable.

Kairistrife

Neutral Forever!

Neutral Rights Day Planning Meeting, Log of 5th Nov

Neutral Rights Day Planning Meeting, Log of 5th Nov.

http://thirdfaction.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=232

Next meeting is on Saturday the 8th of Novemeber at 20:00GMT/RKT/UTC in Borealis Backyard #5

Neutral Rights Day Planning Meeting, Log of 8th Nov

Neutral Rights Day Planning Meeting, Log of 5th Nov.

http://thirdfaction.10.forumer.com/v...hp?p=1111#1111

Next meeting is on Wednesday the 12th of Novemeber at 20:00GMT/RKT/UTC in Borealis Backyard #5.

Neutral Rights Day Planning Meeting, Log of 12th Nov

Neutral Rights Day Planning Meeting, Log of 12th Nov

http://thirdfaction.10.forumer.com/v...hp?p=1124#1124

Next meeting is on Saturday the 15th of Novemeber at 21:00GMT/RKT/UTC in Borealis Backyard #5.

Neutral Rights Day Planning Meeting, Log of 15th Nov

Neutral Rights Day Planning Meeting, Log of 15th Nov

http://thirdfaction.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=242

Next meeting is on Saturday the 22nd of Novemeber at 21:00GMT/RKT/UTC in Borealis Backyard #5.