Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your title don't impress me

1) title cap over 100 is 125 so that is 10 of those levels that he was capped

2) after 75 I honestly dont care if your grey, it is fair game.

just my opinion on that.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Carrah

my lvl 100 char was approached by lvl 135 agent, who was asking me to duel him

Something i don't see well...hum... u were in a yalm?

ROFL, an agent asking for a duel !!! How crazy is this game ...

25% Everywhere !!! ANARCHY !!!!!!

Re: Cowards who challenge you, then flee the arena, suck!

Originally posted by Templar Red
    I HATE when people run from duels.

Sorry, I needed to get that out.

Hate it, hate it, HATE IT! Especially in the arenas... I hate it in 2HO as well, but that seems a bit more understandable... retreat is a practiced tactic in warfare... but in duels?

Have people no shame?

I *never* flee! I've always taken my losses with honor! Meta's own my ass ...almost always! I *still* challenge them, because it's fun (Doc/MP battles are intense & take a good long time). I've chased higher level Soldiers & Traders out of the Tir Arena exit (ones who have challenged me!), yelling '/s WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING??'

Root-retreat-shoot people... this is not directed toward you guys. I have total respect for y'all (provided you stay inside the arena).

My newly-started Doc just became Freshman Madhava last Friday. The toughest part with title-earning was to keep people from running away as soon as they start losing. Otherwise, I think I would've earned Freshman a week prior. Why is losing such a big deal? If it's *that* important to keep that stupid title, then why bother coming to the arena?

What if PvP titles had a timed expiry? Perhaps then, those inane titles would be a bit less critical.

Sorry about the rant... I've recently discovered the joy of PvP, & I've been having a blast. I had rarely PvP'ed with my Trader, because I understood the disgusting gross advantages & disadvantages I had vs. certain professions. It just didn't sound like it would be fun.

Happy New Year everyone,

-Templar Red
    The only pvp I have done (if you can call it that) has been duels in arenas and I completely agree with you Templar Red. Fighting a duel and then running when you realize that you're not going to win is just plain lame.

I duelled a guy, realized within a minute that I was going to lose. Did I run? Hell no, I just kept fighting even though I knew I was going to lose. The guy that killed me was then challenged by someone else. The challenger also realized that he was going to lose but HE fled. I and the guy who had killed me both yelled COWARD after him. I mean come on---it's a duel in an arena, you can save before you start fighting. What is the big deal?

I can see running if someone attacks you in the field. But I do think it's lame for someone to camp a grid or whompa--attack someone and then run for the guard when they realize that they bit off more than they could chew.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Even if the titles feel like a nice feature most games do not have, the game would be better without them.

The reason why people twink to be uber pks? TITLES.
    No more players who twink their chars to oblivion and the only play pvp for the next 3 months so they can have a nice aprentice title. If there is something that can be gained or got, some people just HAVE TO get or gain it no matter if it is useful or not.

This would greatly promote cassual pvp players who don't feel like twinking a week and then heading for the arena and not being able to level without losing their uberness.

This would also reduce the lameness in pvp (running away etc etc) because people would no longer be scared of losing their title.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

hum... do we start a new thread :" no more title" :-)

i'm afraid this is one of the few way to make PvP more attractive to all players

Re: Re: Titles

Originally posted by Agentofdeath

Team titles? Tell me.. What honor does a 1 vs. 6 pvp match have at all?
    about as much honor as the lvl 150s who open up from 40 meters on lvl 75s

in my opinion...I think their should be a title cap that you can get before level 75. Pre-75 characters are in their developmental stages and some go through big troughs of skill catchup. A level 30 with a novice title doesn't impress me 1/10 the amount a 110 with a rookie title does...

or maybe they should make a separate set of titles for pre and post lvl 75...

just a thought...

-ukk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12