Thread: OOC: RP Content on AOwiki

OOC: RP Content on AOwiki

Hey Folks

I've tried this call on the Atlantean forums with no bites, but it appears that Rimor has been doing some active rp stuff lately so it got my hopes up. The RP information on AOwiki pertaining to story and plot elements of the game is sorely lacking and could use some... sprucing up. As an example, this is the entire page on general Roleplaying:

RPG: Role Playing Game

In Anarchy Online refering to roleplaying your character.

But what does that mean? It's not about equipment, it's not about perks, it's not about being the best, not even about being high level and it's certainly not about cybersex as soo many seem to think of that as the only form of 'roleplaying' their characters. [AFAIK strictly forbidden on all servers]

So again what is it about? It's about living your character. Acting as if you are the person on the screen acting accordingly in any given situation.

I find it is easyer to roleplay if you aren't trying to hard just react as you think you're character should.

As a little help imagine you are a charackter in a movie with no script, the game presents you with a scene but it is entirely up to you how you react to it.
    What i'm looking for is help writting down some of the RP content to the game on the wiki so that it is represented along with all the technical system information. In the past, i've updated some of the city information to reflect in game changes for some of the neutral and clan cities, but the Omni city information is sorely lacking. As well is information about ark or player run plots. I add stuff as I can, but I could really use your help in making the Wiki a more robust resource about the AO Storyline and setting.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

We're the second string help...

*cries*
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Oh! Don't be a Drama Llama!

The people in my backyard didn't seem so much interested, so i'm going next door to see if people here might be. Its not such a long trip, but we don't seem the talk much.

Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

I'll see what I can do about writing up some Information on Omni-1. What's there right now is simply sad.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Aye, im willing to write content in my spare time (pretty much what i do). I can't give ya much insight into omni-tek things, but i've been involved in obscure things. If that's any help, let me know what I can do for ya.

Edit: made an account and some additions to the storyline characters section. I have the names of many others, but nothing solid about them written down, so I didn't add them.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Oct 29th, 2008 at 21:52:13.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Yay Bubbacrush! I saw the edits, thank you so much =)