Thread: [RK1] IRRK: Laughing corpse in Borealis: a tale of murder and strange inventions.

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK1] IRRK: Laughing corpse in Borealis: a tale of murder and strange inventions.

Laughing corpse in Borealis: a tale of murder and strange inventions.
    October 28, 29482 - [Atlantean]

IRRK - A series of attempted assassinations shook Borealis city last week as ICC Department of Investigation members together with Newland minister Agrestus and several other citizens were trying to contain the damages.

Various reports describe terrorist attacks on the Department of Investigation. Apparently, they are conducted by strange individuals sporting heavy cybernetic augmentations of unknown origin. According to the reports they are highly resilient and hard to stop. They seem to have spooked many citizens of Borealis. Are they as dangerous as they seem though?

One of the latest attacks was against Captain "Agrestus" Wright, the Newland city council security minister. It resulted with him being reclaimed while the Department of Investigation and Third Faction members were trying to stop the assailant, who was still resisting even though he was heavily damaged. He finally fell, but it was impossible to determine his origin or construction as he carried an explosive device meant to make sure there was no evidence left. Fortunately, before everyone was evacuated from the area, Tamara "Lasliana" McCovery managed to extract a piece of hardware which hopefully will provide a little bit more insight into the nature of this enemy.

The attack was not over however. A sniper shot at the gathered crowd and another attacker appeared. Both were quickly dispatched by the gathered people, though it seemed to have shaken them considerably.

The sight of a mangled humanoid body persisting and laughing at the defenders may be frightening. However, its firepower did not seem that significant. Its main weapon was the psychological effect, it seems. And that is the mark of a terrorist.

Borealis is under Omni-Tek occupation now. However, none of the corporate guards, who wave their badges so proudly to the regular citizen on a normal day, was trying to protect the city and its citizens. It was neutrals who stood against the onslaught. The people who don't need bravery tokens or corporate rewards to promote courage.

Attached Images:
    Minister Agrestus is attacked by the unknown humanoid while DoI members and Lasliana attempt to help.
    A DoI member helps a hurt citizen despite taunts from the incapacitated attacker.

IRRK should really be more ashamed of themselfs instead of make other people look bad. especially since this event happened like a month ago? furthermore IRRK should really do some more research before posting false information.I was in Borealis when this happened but not one neutral citizen ever contacted me or any of my other officers for any help. at the time only a clanwoman called mirura managed to send me a message for help, it was something like get your ass here now! obviously I ignored that.
    The Red Brotherhood

strange how you missed the sound of grenades going off and an Anti Mech launcher being fired, isnt it.

((very easy, if you dont mention sounds of grenades exploding in borealis somewhere, like ch42, its rather difficult to hear them. since there is no sound option in ao Roleplaying. If we all go on that road im afraid Rping on atlantean will become very boring and annoying.))
    The Red Brotherhood

((used shouts and /me's as well as called out over OT OOC, sorry, you missed it all, never mind, see you next time))

((OT OOC says it all infact. its ooc. Next time if you really want to drawn attention or want OP involved try an rp channel like channel42. stop trying to make us look bad cause we didnt heared you shouting an bomb explosion. aswell as RL as in AO the effect of shouting only goes a couple of meters. This way of making someone look bad is too easy and only annoys those who cant defend themselfs.))
    The Red Brotherhood

(( Common you two this bickering is well beneath the both of you. ))
    Point Blank

I've just heard that the man behind these machines had turned himself in to the DoI, and they have respectively handed the terrorist over to Omni-Pol.

Apparently... He fears one of his own creations.

who? that frog wurstein?
    The Red Brotherhood