Thread: "If it isn't broke, don't fix it"

"If it isn't broke, don't fix it"

That quote brings a lot of things to mind with this game. However, the first thing that pops in my head are the chat colors. Why oh why did you change them? There was absolutely nothing wrong with them. Now some are hard to read depending on the background. And then there are colorblind people...

I wasn't sure where to put this thread. It isn't a gamestopper or other technical issue. It isn't a game-play bug. There is no general forum. Why?

Let me summarize this thread:

"IF IT ISN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT"
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

I think they're trying to actually "help" some people who are colorblind with the new colors. I saw a thread on the "old" board about it.. I don't know if it helped them or not, but it has confused a lot of people..

However, why oh why didn't they just give us a configuration section where we can change our OWN colors.. do they feel we're too incompetent to do it ourselves?
    Last edited by Hodaka; Nov 16th, 2001 at 22:10:24.

There is a post about it on the "Other Technical Issues" board. Seems it's actually worse for colour blind people.

And let me just say that I totally agree... the new colours is horrible and I have no idea why some smartass chose to change them.

Angry Makes the chat channel awful

What's really bad is that you cannot distinguish between who is actually selling something on the chat channel and who is using it for chat.

Before this mess, you could simply scan through the purple links to see what is for sale. Now you can't.

Of course, why would anyone from Funcom be using the shopping channel?