Thread: TK Spawn is broke!!!

TK Spawn is broke!!!

3 times camping TK today...all 3 times waiting for over 3 hours.... please can someone look into this and see if in fact it is broke... seems to me that 20% chance every 20 minutes should have better odds than this!

Assuming 3 spawn chances per hour, cumulative odds of TK showing up are:

1 - 49%
    2 - 74%
    3 - 86.5%
    4 - 93%
    5 - 96.5%
    6 - 98.2%
    7 - 99.1%
    8 - 99.5%

Over the course of a week Tk should show up once every hour and forty minutes, but that doesn't mean he spawns EVERY hour and forty minutes. 1 time in 10 it takes him over 3 and a half hours to show up.

Ever get to 86% on a mission and not get a token? Same luck...

hehe

Dang statisticians... i always hated that class.

Yeah, but nanomage Statisticians will always be gimps.

Creala.

Thumbs up

lol
    Main Khaitlene - Omni Keeper - RK1
    Khaitlsmule - Omni Engie - RK1
    Galaxia - Retired NT - RIP

Proud Member of the Obsidian Order. We're recruiting!

I can verify the spawn on TK is weird. TK was camped 4 hours last night, and he didn't spawn. The chance for a spawn is 20% every 30 min, not culmative. This means you can be camping TK for days without seeing him.

I just can't understand FC's idea on how this quest shall be solved. First the spawn on Alvin was fixed, and to and extent works great. He still despawns and sometimes you have to wait for him, but not for long.

When fixing one problem FC just moved the spawn problem to a different part of the quest. It is just totally hopeless for a casual gamer that is in between 50-100 to get the rack from TK. Because they will allways be outdamaged by higher players, that have been waiting for hours already.

While the spawn is like today, it hopeless to be able to complete the quest. Just sittting in the junkyard for 4 hours (that was the longest i bothered to wait), hopeing TK will spawn is not GOOD enough. Like most other uniqe mobs in the game that is on a spawn timer, you know what time he will spawn, and can make plans and arrangements up to that. With TK again you just have to wait. 30 minutes and 20% chance, it's just not good.

It will not motivate people to complete this quest if the spawn is like this.

I as a original proud owner of a pioneer backpack, waited for FC to fix the Alvin spawn problem before i decided that I would do the quest. And guess what FC has yet again screwd me over with using some game mechanics that is not understandable by any reasonable living human beeing.

Fix the spawn, let it be on a timer or spawn it once a month and let it hand out leets to everyone waiting for it. Just don't make it like it is today. Camping and doing nothing for 4 hours without the hourly "BORED" shout is just not good enugh. Let's us know when we can complete the quest.
    Smuzz - 220 - NT - RK1
    Proud General of the Squishy Unit in Ragnarok
    The Reclaiminator

Cumulative odds simply mean that the total odds of it showing up in less than X become greater.

For example, flip a coin 4 times. What's the odd the 4th flip is heads? 50/50.

What're the odds that at least one of the 4 flips was heads?

1st: 50%
    2nd: 75%
    3rd: 87.5%
    4th: ~94%

You see the difference?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

actually TK DID spawn last night, but it was because of a severe server reset involving multiple domains.

Please petition about this and send TONS of email to feedback@anarchyonline.com - this quest is a waste of time that could be better spent watching the amount of active accounts go down

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Cumulative odds simply mean that the total odds of it showing up in less than X become greater.

For example, flip a coin 4 times. What's the odd the 4th flip is heads? 50/50.

What're the odds that at least one of the 4 flips was heads?

1st: 50%
    2nd: 75%
    3rd: 87.5%
    4th: ~94%

You see the difference?
    ^^

yeah what he said