Thread: most important feature to add

Arrow most important feature to add

The biggest problem I have is keeping the camera where I want it. I play in the mode where the camera locks to the direction the player is facing, and then I use the num pad to adjust the angle and distance of the camera. This works great for me until I'm in a tight area where the camera moves on its own to some other position, sometimes upside down or backwards. I understand this is necessary (to an extent) to keep the camera from going inside walls and such, but it is a huge pain to have to reposition it again afterwords. I suggest automatically moving the camera back when the player moves away from the obstruction. Move it back to the last angle/distance setting the player set it to. This should be very simple to implement and extremely rewarding to the player. To me this makes a lot of sense.

Err... try rubberband mode, it moves back in that setting.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Arrow not that!

I can't stand rubber-band mode. I have no control at all then. I want to keep the camera in a fixed position at a specific angle that I set, it can move to go around obstacles if it can move back to where I set it. That would be ideal.

Why not being able to control the camera with the third mouse button? Scroller for ZoomIn/-Out and moving the mouse while pressing the third mousebutton should act like the numkeys do.

Re: not that!

Originally posted by resistance
    I want to keep the camera in a fixed position at a specific angle that I set, it can move to go around obstacles if it can move back to where I set it.
    Many people don't know about CTRL+F8, so I'll just remind you of that feature. It toggles a non-rubberband 3rd person view. I find it best when flying my Yalm. I put the view behind the yalm and I'm always looking the same direction the Yalm is.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Arrow that's the one i mean

Hmmm, seems like noone has figured out what I mean, maybe I don't explain it very well. The CTRL-F8 feature is the one I use, it is my favorite mode. But when you're inside a mission it keeps flipping around backwards, upside down, left, right, etc. and I have to keep manually putting it back where it was. The rubberband mode goes back to where it was gradually, I want one that immediately goes back to where I set it (distance and angle) right after walking past the obstruction (next to wall, object, etc.). This is such a simple modification and would improve game play substantially.

hehe damn i always use first person view and never have a problem. Sometimes when i am flying around i go into 3rd person but its really of limited use just for being able to see yourself not a real effective view for fighting in my opinion.

Rubberband goes back pretty quickly, far as I've seen, and I use it exclusively.

Still, its better than fixed, which doesn't go back at all, right?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Arrow first person

Well if the fixed 3rd person view isn't fixed then I'll consider the 1st person view. It would be the most realistic anyway and I usually look for realism in a game. The rubber-band mode is cool but I find it difficult to not have total control over the direction I'm looking, I like to depend on straight ahead being straight ahead. Just my own personal preference I guess. The CTRL-F8 (3rd person) mode is my preferred mode but it has definite problems in missions which hopefully get fixed at some point. It never goes back to where it was, not even pressing the 5 on the numpad, so it is a constant hassle.