Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downtime and You!

Downtime and You!

-UPDATED-

Greets,

The update will be deployed at 12 noon EDT / 4pm GMT and will require a short downtime. We were not expecting a downtime for this update as it is a client-side update. However, we decided a 15 to 30 minute downtime would be needed in order to ensure everyone online will patch and log back in. As mentioned above, the downtime is only expected to last 15 to 30 minutes.

To find out what this is in your timezone please check here.

Happy Hunting!
    Last edited by Famine; Oct 24th, 2008 at 16:14:55.

So the ingame announcement was a part of a early trick or treat, without the treat option?

You could have told that in game, now everybody logged.

Happyyyy
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

Quote Originally Posted by viandante View Post
    You could have told that in game, now everybody logged.
    They are filtering that in now. So picky! We were still planning on having a downtime, so passing on the good news to you and the GM's about no downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    They are filtering that in now. So picky! We were still planning on having a downtime, so passing on the good news to you and the GM's about no downtime.
    Not picky, I feel alone

Epic display of copy/paste!

nice tell everyone when theyve all already logged off.
    Urukan - 220 / 18 Clan Adventurer [RK2] - General of Assassin's Creed
    Ask not what Clan can do for you, Ask what you can do for Clan

Well its just to log back on
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    Might as well have the downtime now, everyone thinks there will be one

Quote Originally Posted by Urukannn View Post
    nice tell everyone when theyve all already logged off.
    I tried to be speedy!

Tell UPH to be speedy... Only reason I got up at 6 am. btw.. it's been friday for 6 and a half hours here. Anytime now -_-
    -= Power Overwhelming =- - Recruiting? Why, yes, ofc we are

Moved on to EQ2 - cya!

Thumbs up

Dammit! Between Means and you Famine j00 leave me nothing to gripe about! (well maybe the lag I thought was gonna be fixed yesterday lol but I know j00 guys are workin hard on it!)

At any rate..can honestly say that the direction and efforts I see you guys making to keep our beloved AO up and running, fresh and new, and STILL ALIVE make me all emo (in a good way).

<3!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

This is good news!! Yesterday was HORRIBLE!!! You took the servers down at the exact same time as SOE took down the Vanguard servers... I actually SAW THE SUN yesterday!!
    Zedar2 220/22 Nano-Technician, card carrying member of the Vocal Minority.
    Proud General of 3305 Local Now recruiting!
    Proud Leader of the Knights of 3305 in V:SOH (Also recruiting!)

----------------
    *** www.3305local.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Syphae View Post
    Tell UPH to be speedy... Only reason I got up at 6 am. btw.. it's been friday for 6 and a half hours here. Anytime now -_-
    Heh, it's been friday for over 11 hours @ server time...
    Angelmed - 220/20/64 - F1, UBT, AFK
    (stuff) - (more)
    Bigdumbnoob - 150 Alium Killer
    And the alt army

We have discovered an issue with the current 17.10.2 version in relation to the new Hoverboard “Harvester Oni” that was added with the update. Please be aware that the new Hoverboard will cost 200 paid-points even though it displays as 0 paid-points on the Phasefront Vendor.
    For what it's worth, in England we have something called 'Statuary Rights' and 'Consumer Rights'...

What this means in this case is, if a supplier/vendor/shop displays an item with a price on it, they are held to that price.
    For example: Say I sold TVs, I get a brand new shiney 72inch plasma TV into my shop & I rush to put it up for hopefuly LOTS of ppl to be impressed & buy one. HOWEVER, in my enthusiasm I realy mess up with the price tag & display it with the price tag of £500 when what it should have been was £5000, then everyone that asks to buy it BEFORE I remove or replace the price tag MUST be sold it for the marked price!
    Even if I am taking the price tag down & one more person says 'I'll have one of those' then I am LAW bound to sell them it for £500...

Now I imagine that most countries will have a similar set of consumer laws...
    It's possible that FC has actualy broken English law by making this statement...!

So...

Go on, get out of that one FC...! ^^

P.S. Basicaly, what I'm saying is, everyone that purchaced one before they correct the problem SHOULD get it for the MARKED price, no matter what it was...
    & no, before someone asks, I haven't bought one yet, but the bike is nice ^^
    Last edited by Snakebite; Oct 24th, 2008 at 12:34:45.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Consumer Right here...and Consumer Rights there..

I have a strong feeling that Funcom has written something about that in the EULA...

I know I did in my EULA when I running an online game... "The admins are always right and can do what they want as long as they let the consumer know" or something, its been a long time.

And basically, as long as the message has been given, or a warning has been given and you have actually agreed to what they have said, its nothing to do really...
    Sauran 220 Solitus Doctor RK2
    Tehshade 220 Opifex Shade RK2
    Roycecat 150 Solitus Engineer RK2
    Poadrim 170 Trox Enforcer RK2

am i bit confused now.
    Servers will just get rebooted and done (like Means said) ?
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

Quote Originally Posted by TheDdevil View Post
    am i bit confused now.

Seems so!

ps. so am I.

wtb Pumpkins!
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

Quote Originally Posted by Tasslehoff View Post
    I actually SAW THE SUN yesterday!!
    Omg! Did.. did it burn?

*f3ars teh sun*

Fortunately I live in England & it's peeing down here :P .... talking of England...

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    For what it's worth, in England we have something called 'Statuary Rights' and 'Consumer Rights'...

<yada yada>

Go on, get out of that one FC...! ^^
    I think you'll find an item named "noname" was marked at 0 price, they never said the hover board was free :P

Lol, nice try though!
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast