Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just don't bother

Just don't bother

Guys, really, if you can't implement holiday content without 12+ hours of downtime, just don't bother. I mean, it's nice and everything, but I'd rather have the game actually work. It's not worth it.
    Last edited by Angel_1; Oct 24th, 2008 at 10:08:04.
    Angelmed - 220/20/64 - F1, UBT, AFK
    (stuff) - (more)
    Bigdumbnoob - 150 Alium Killer
    And the alt army

I hate to agree with this, but i do.
    ManiaC DivinE DeluxE
    Divine001 - 220/30/70 - Master

The new content is a small update, if it should require a downtime then it would take around 2-4 hours. Due to the size, I would put the ETA at around 2 hours with an additional 2 hour caution time (i.e.: 4 hours announced but looking to get it up in 2 hours instead).

There was more in the patch than holiday items, I guess you didn't read the patchnotes. And shouldn't you be in school or at work and not playing AO at these hours anyway?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I don't quite honestly mind maintenance downtimes even though I work evening shifts for the most part. It's nice to kind of have to do something else for a change, and I for one gladly use the chance to spend a few hours on my tracks without a distraction.

Besides, new stuff and fixes = always goooood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    There was more in the patch than holiday items, I guess you didn't read the patchnotes. And shouldn't you be in school or at work and not playing AO at these hours anyway?
    Today's additional downtime (the one starting soon) is dealing with bugs from the halloween content added yesterday (i.e. the phasefront problem, etc), and was originally sent out ingame as a 6 hour downtime.

Also, not everyone's on your schedule, and that's rather irrelevant anyway.
    Angelmed - 220/20/64 - F1, UBT, AFK
    (stuff) - (more)
    Bigdumbnoob - 150 Alium Killer
    And the alt army

first downtime 6h was long but ok'ish for the stuff in patch notes + "meintance" ;P
    but this like u said small content that was announced to be another 6h (not 4h) downtime just feels heavy.

"All servers will be coming down in 60 minutes for maintenence. The estimated downtime is 6 hours."

anyways 2 + additional 2 doesnt sound that bad at all ^,^
    Last edited by aznick; Oct 24th, 2008 at 10:44:58.

This should only be a server restart and quick patch before logging back in...no significant downtime at all. There will be notification of this in-game well before the actual restart. Thank you for you patience.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This should only be a server restart and quick patch before logging back in...no significant downtime at all. There will be notification of this in-game well before the actual restart. Thank you for you patience.
    I hope you are rigth Means, cause
    All servers will be coming down in 30 minutes for maintenence. The estimated downtime is 6 hours.
    is the notification running ingame.
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

Ok, now Im confused. It was 6h downtime yesterday, and it is 6h downtime today.

When is the quick restart your speaking of Means?

I remember I complained about only forum info, but now we got only ingame info

If I see a ingame announcement for downtime, I go to forums for more info. I cant say I got much out of that this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    And you don't listen to em means... keep up the fun festivities for holloween and christmas. My FAVORITE time of year. I just wish there was more things to scare the bejebus outta me.

oooo... I got an idea... A new leet that gives you missions to a 'haunted location'. The inside could be darker than normal and EREMITES (cause those look creepy anyways) everywhere.. like.. neon ones and uh... some other scary lookin mobs maybe.
    -= Power Overwhelming =- - Recruiting? Why, yes, ofc we are

Moved on to EQ2 - cya!

lmao they give us added content(thats ALWAYS cool btw) and you bitch about it? wtf?

*shakes head*

O O O!! Lest I forget!! Halloween leets=PWN. TYVM!!! Ya can never have too many leets!!1one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

what time EST will this occur plz
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

I'd love it if you sometime did the patches at night time for europeans aswell....

As it is today, europeans (Norway) actually pay more to play the game, and we usually get the downtime during our desired gametime, not from e.g 1am-7am as a lot of americans experience the downtime, or basically they dont experience the downtime because their fast asleep.

Why is this? I thought Funcom had some of their AO servers in the states, so it shouldnt be that hard should it? Or are all the techs norwegian living in norway working on an online serversystem? ...

im just wondering...dont hate :P i should be at school and work during the downtime hours, but hey...still it gets frustrating that we gotta pay more and play less.
    Sauran 220 Solitus Doctor RK2
    Tehshade 220 Opifex Shade RK2
    Roycecat 150 Solitus Engineer RK2
    Poadrim 170 Trox Enforcer RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_1 View Post
    Guys, really, if you can't implement holiday content without 12+ hours of downtime, just don't bother. I mean, it's nice and everything, but I'd rather have the game actually work. It's not worth it.
    You Judas...
    Do you think that after 7+ years of maintaining AO they dont' know what they are doing?
    yours (not so) trully,
    Pulex!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Great job paying attention there mate.

Oh, and don't forget that people all over the world play this game. Not just in your time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by mikael665 View Post
    You Judas...
    Do you think that after 7+ years of maintaining AO they dont' know what they are doing?

lol...um...no comment

err screw it..... ***YES, I do think that!***

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_1 View Post
    Do you play any other MMO? We're spoiled by how little downtime we get over the long haul. Chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Do you play any other MMO? We're spoiled by how little downtime we get over the long haul. Chill out.
    Before you can actually compare the downtime of other games with AO, you first have to make sure that you get the same "quality" of downtime in AO as you do in other games. Clearly this doesn't happen, therefore your argument is flawed.

On a postive note, at least they provide updates throughout the downtime when necessary.

Jast dunt bottah!!! Q_Q_Q_QQ_Q/emo/wristQ_Q

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast