Thread: OOC: RP Content on AOwiki

OOC: RP Content on AOwiki

Hey all,

I've tried this call before but I suppose I will try it again. The RP information on AOwiki pertaining to story and plot elements of the game is sorely lacking and could use some... sprucing up. As an example, this is the entire page on general Roleplaying:

RPG: Role Playing Game

In Anarchy Online refering to roleplaying your character.

But what does that mean? It's not about equipment, it's not about perks, it's not about being the best, not even about being high level and it's certainly not about cybersex as soo many seem to think of that as the only form of 'roleplaying' their characters. [AFAIK strictly forbidden on all servers]

So again what is it about? It's about living your character. Acting as if you are the person on the screen acting accordingly in any given situation.

I find it is easyer to roleplay if you aren't trying to hard just react as you think you're character should.

As a little help imagine you are a charackter in a movie with no script, the game presents you with a scene but it is entirely up to you how you react to it.
    In the past, i've updated some of the city information to reflect in game changes for some of the neutral and clan cities, but the Omni city information is lacking completely. As well is information about ark or player run plots like the old White Trash stories. I add stuff as I can but I could really use your help in making the Wiki a more robust resource about AO that includes Story as well as Game information.
    Last edited by Berael; Oct 28th, 2008 at 22:20:33.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

all i could say about RPing is, some of the best RPing is usually done "on the flow" don't rehearse too much, just go with what flows around u