Thread: Maps as loot need to be adjusted/removed

Maps as loot need to be adjusted/removed

As it stands, the -only- maps I ever find are Mort or Newland. Doesn't matter whether I'm playing Omni, Neutral, or Clan, these are the only two I ever find.

Personally, I think they should just be removed as something you can find in chests, off enemies, or as mission rewards. They're one of the cheapest items in the game, you can find Map Terminals in any Basic Quality Supermarket. There's no real reason to have them as something to find.

Both maps were bugged / non-existent. After fixing them they appeared as loot in chests and mobs.

yup make it vary more or lose them

I really only need 1 map of Mort or Newland, but I get offered them as rewards quite a bit. Make it so all maps show up as loot and this would be better. Single use items without any different QLs make bad rewards if they show up alot.

Adjusted

I agree with adjusting them. The code should randomize the loot, where I have a chance of getting ANY item in the game database (some items would appear more often, but I should still be able to find a decent weapon, good armor, nanos I can use, specials like melee rings and decus coats, or a new belt), but close to my lvl.

If the item that comes up is an item type with multiple possiblities, that should also be randomized around my lvl.

I have found a map of Mort (several actually) with a relatively low lvl character. My main has died in Mort. The low lvl character I found the Mort map with should not have been able to find THAT map.

Another map that I would have had the complit at that lvl to be able to use, and of course been high enough lvl to be able to survive going there, would be ok, even if I already had the map.

I would just like to see more randomized items. There is either a serious bug in the code handling randomization, I notice decent items come in spurts like 2 melee rings in the same mission and 2 decus coats in the same mission camp session, and/or only a small subset of possible items from the game database exist in the database the rewards and loot are drawn from.

I have noticed the same implants showing up over and over along with the map of Mort.

Funcom, please randomize the items, and expand the database of loot items to include all possible items, just attach a weight to each item so harder to find loot doesn't appear as often.

Skara