Thread: The Outland Ranger Program needs you!

The Outland Ranger Program needs you!

While out and about, during whatever daily routine.. there appear to be a large amount of digital and hardcopy adds of late detailing an announcement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Outland Protectorate needs YOU!

PROFESSIONALISM
    STEALTH
    LOYALTY
    DUTY
    HONOUR
    PRIDE

The Outland Rangers are a paramilitary organization dedicated to policing and reconnaissance in the endeavour of peace, to the darkened corners of Rubi-ka again. We see the wonders of our world and protect them accordingly. We oppose the lawless, the Kyr'Ozch, and anyone else that would threaten to harm our wonderful planet. We are soldiers, scientists, and explorers!

Sponsored by a nonprofit special interest group, the Outland Ranger program offers modern day solutions to melee, ranged, and nano combat. We provide food, health care, and shelters to those who cannot make for themselves. We train in deep wilderness, desert, and polar survival.. so that no place will ever stand not ready to be surveyed. Our world is growing more and more rapidly, and we need pioneers in technology, medicine, and communications to fill it.

Do you have what it takes to see the world?

Register at your local recruiter today.

The Outland Rangers! Learn skills that apply to life even after service. Bring the pride home again. Begin a career today, for the world of tomorrow.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Oct 19th, 2008 at 19:17:46.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

OOC: And now the fill in!

The original design for the Outland Rangers was to actually hope to bring in an excuse to code in upgrades for current guards in several territories. When the developers coded in the Unicorns and then the upgrades to the Newland Militia, Clan people sort of felt left out. Raids into Athen and other places were pretty common, and guards would get ripped apart wholesale.. not by groups but just by one person most times!

I had an idea to perhaps reach out to the developers through ARK, but my angle was sorta really convoluted. I saw potential being in a roleplay rich environment, and saw this might be an opportunity, however long the odds.

But, instead over time, the idea expanded, grew, and eventually evolved in what it is today. Because I took the roleplay angle, it seemed important at the time to make sure that everyone who wanted to, could be in on the idea. Soon enough, there is a Neutral Organization that will be built, bearing the moniker of the Outland Rangers. It will even have its own recruitment drive. As par normal, considering the overal growth of RP orgs, I don't expect this org to be a huge hit with the playerbase as a whole. What I did hope is that by creating this policing body, is to give every roleplay on Rubi-ka a reason to RP with us. The org can invite neutral toons into its ranks, and I will have a chatbot set up so that people who 'volunteer' to help out with the network, will be able to tell the bot !join and be able to communicate to whomever will be present, ensuring a fast response IC.

Which in its own right can be a pretty powerful tool.

I have no issues giving this idea to the community, considering by extension the community is what helped me evolve the idea in the first place.

Happy hunting all! Several people have already been informed to much of the inner workings of the idea itself. If you like, /tell Aarp !join and if you are just beginning to be interested in RP, this is a great place to start. For any further questions IC or OOC, please contact me at your convenience.

/OOC
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Oct 14th, 2008 at 20:45:26.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

UPDATE OOC:

Is finally up and working. The Orgbot (supplied by Trousers, Inc.) is called Voxcast and you can join it by /tell Voxcast !join, or have me on several toons add you to the guestlist. It is a 100% IC bot for the Rangers, and those who are outside the faction but still wanna support the idea IC.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Update 2: The amount of attention the name has gotten has pushed me to make a small change. The name of the Org is now called Outland Protectorate. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...