Thread: [RK1] Freelance: A Shift in the Council

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK1] Freelance: A Shift in the Council

A Shift in the Council
    October 01, 29482 - Danica Bast [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - I am an avid transcript reader of the Council of Truth meetings. I like the ideas of a basic clan government, no matter how pointless it could be in the end. When I read of the election of Sir Tristam Solis to the position of speaker, I got in contact with a political veteran, Taren Gorslin, to see what this means for the future of the Council of Truth.

Thank you for granting me this interview Ms. Gorslin.

You're very welcome, Danica.

What do you think about Sir Tristam Solis being elected to the speaker position for the Council?

It's funny you ask, I was just discussing this with a clan mate. I've always used the speaker position as sort of a thermometer for the Council, as anyone should. Silverstone getting elected caused a huge uproar, ruined friendships, and polarized the clans that were paying attention. After that, the esteemed Unionist leader Aideen Landau took office and really blew everyone away with his initial speech. However, that shift to Landau meant a shift from that sort of propagandized "radical" mentality to a less radical "We want Omni-Tek off of the planet" mentality. It may not seem like much, but this was a huge change.

Why is that important?

It's important because you didn't see the absolute outrage from Neutrals and Omnis over the election. They were happy that Commander Silverstone's three terms were over and would have taken anyone but him. Mr. Landau put people at ease, especially within the Council, and we were more receptive at working together.

I have to admit, as much of a Silverstone supporter I still am, the Council needed it.

So you are saying that the election of Sir Tristam Solis will be good for the Council?

I did not say that, I hope. No, Sir Tristam Solis being elected means that the over-all feeling of the Council has shifted even further from the "radical". Don't let the undecided tag fool you though. Sir Tristam is a fierce warrior. You should have seen him when we wiped out Tempus Coma in Elysium. He was almost...bloodthirsty. The most important thing is that Sir Tristam has had the support of Henry Radiman in the past.

In the end, though, only time will tell if it is a good decision or a bad one. Sorry that I can't be any more specific than that.

On a more personal note, I'm going to miss Mr. Landau but I am happy to see a different clan leader get in there to try and spark some new movement in the Council. I would have preferred to see Humbold or Jacobi in the spot, but it wasn't my decision.

What can you tell the average Clanner about Sir Tristam?

He is a capable warrior and an honorable person. I have confidence in his ability as a leader and would fight at his side at any time.

Thank you for your time, Ms. Gorslin.

There you have it. A non-definitive answer from a former member of the Council of Truth.

Will time tell if it was good or bad? I don't know, but I do feel that Sir Tristam is very well prepared for the job. If Sir Tristam does want to make attempt an end to the war, will it happen with clans like Red Freedom and the Sentinels running amok?

Can he unite the clans?

Undecided tag my foot.... Sir Tristam is part of a CoT contingent that is equipping Red Freedom with supplies, guns and materials for some unknown project. I believe an escalation in the war is soon upon us.
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Quote Originally Posted by Nadab View Post
    Undecided tag my foot.... Sir Tristam is part of a CoT contingent that is equipping Red Freedom with supplies, guns and materials for some unknown project. I believe an escalation in the war is soon upon us.
    Pics or it never happened.
    Point Blank

how about a pic given to me by Internops? ...but they told me it was real!

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    Pics or it never happened.
    Well, I don't have pics.... but this just came to me over the grid.....

April 17, 29482 2000 hrs Zulu

To: XXXXX
    Director, XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Subj: Meeting of Red Freedom Leaders and Council of Truth

Sir! By your direction I made myself available to Inspector Malkavie and met with him on April 14th, 49482. He briefed me on the mission and provided the parameters to be met for said mission. I gathered the equipment needed and recruited one Agent XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and met with Inspector Malkavie today. After receiving the coordinates for the meeting, Agent XXXXXXX and I proceed to the location in Broken Shores. The following is a transcript of that meeting we recorded and gave to Inspector Malkavie.

Parties Involved:
    Commander Jaunay Curtis, Red Freedom
    Sir Tristram Solis, Knights of Avalon

Jaunay: <looks around>
    Jaunay: Great.... He is late!
    Jaunay: You are late!
    Tristram: <looks at Jaunay Curtis>
    Tristram: Good day miss Curtis, I must say it is surprising to see you here today. I was expecting Miss Portman. May I ask when she will appear?
    Jaunay: Jaunay: Portman won't be coming, so you will have to talk to me instead.
    Tristram: Oh? May I ask the reason why?
    Jaunay: Well, maybe because you keep asking her on a date each time you get the chance?
    Tristram: smirks
    Tristram: I do not believe that can be the entire reason
    Jaunay: Oh my, you're really sharp today. Is that part of your knight training?
    Tristram: We do put an effort to behave as civilized people, but it is not a required part of our training.
    Jaunay: You didn't have to explain it to me you know
    Tristram: My apologies
    Jaunay: Skip the formalities, and get to the point. What do you want from us? And what do you offer in return?
    Tristram: Well, I did bring this backpack with the perennium sheets and bolts which I promised Miss Portman. As long as you use it for protection only.
    Tristram: <hands Jaunay a Medium Backpack>
    Jaunay: <takes the bag, and place it at her feet>
    Jaunay: Only one bag? I thought you said you had more.
    Tristram: We do, but it is not something we hand out left and right you know. Specially not to people of your type.
    Jaunay: <raises an eyebrow>
    Jaunay: You got a problem with Red Freedom?
    Tristram: I do not have a problem with your clan, but I must say that both myself, and the other knights are a bit uneasy about your ways of doing things. They are a bit... Radical.
    Jaunay: And how does that make us any different from the sentinels?
    Tristram: The sentinels are also radical, but they do not go as far as your people do. I believe it is wrong to execute prisoners of war.
    Jaunay: Hah! Don't give me that. It's not like Omni-Tek is any better!
    Tristram: That is exactly my point. The clans must strive to be better then Omni-Tek, in every aspect. We must never sink to their level of doing things.
    Jaunay: Oh spare me the holy saint crap!
    Tristram: <tilts his head>
    Tristram: Pardon me?
    Jaunay: You heard me! I'll do what it takes to bring Omni-Tek to its knees! Even if it means invading their cities.
    Tristram: <shakes his head>
    Tristram: This is why I wanted to talk to Portman. I am sorry to say, but you, Miss Curtis, are considered a renegade amongst the council. Your radical actions are bordering on barbarism, and now you talk about invading Omni-Tek lands? It is not a feat such an unorganized clan such as yours can manage on their own. It requires preparations.
    Jaunay: <smiles>
    Jaunay: Unorganized you say? It is true that Red Freedom may not run around in fancy armor and mighty swords such as you knights, but calling us unorganized is underestimating us quite a bit. I, myself, is am in command of a full battalion of combat ready clansmen. I've also studied military tactics and combat in every possible location.
    Tristram: I did not criticize your skills as a leader, but the structure of Red Freedom as a whole. It appears to me that you lack discipline and overall respect for the other clans.
    Jaunay: Bah! The other clans are fools, who do nothing but talk! You must know that it will never achieve anything but endless debates.
    Tristram: That is not true. The council serves a purpose in uniting the clans. This conflict it not something you can handle alone.
    Jaunay: What are you trying to say?
    Tristram: It is quite simple. I want Red Freedom to sit on the council, on a permanent basis, instead of the random visits, with demands for resources or materials you can't get yourself
    Jaunay: What is that supposed to mean? You think we are merely using the council?
    Tristram: <nods>
    Tristram: Indeed. In the latest request, Portman asked for people to donate Perennium Sheets & Bolts, claiming that Red Freedom could not get it themselves, without resorting to attacking civilian targets. Of course, in the end she did not tell us what they were going to be used for, or any other details. The council performed the work, and you quickly left, stating that you needed more, a lot more.
    Jaunay: I am in no position to comment on what Portman said, I was not there, remember?
    Tristram: <nods>
    Tristram: That is true, but claims this is limited to making weapons. It seems strange that Red Freedom would be in need of more weapons does it not? I mean, you claim to have much backing and resources at your disposal.
    Jaunay: <smiles>
    Jaunay: You can make a lot more then low grade weapons from Perennium. At least with the insane amount we have amassed.
    Tristram: Oh? That is news to me.
    Jaunay: I am not surprised. But then again, it's not like you donated the most.
    Jaunay: <points at the single bag pack on the ground>
    Tristram: Well, if you had been less radical, I might have supplied much more, but as things stands now, I will kindly have to refuse your demand of supplies, or support, for the time being at least.
    Tristram: <smiles>
    Jaunay: Hah, I had not counted on it anyway! You refuse to aid us with supplies, and you still want us on the council, just to be bound by their rules? Forget it!
    Tristram: You seem to have a hatred towards the council, may I ask why?
    Jaunay: It was the council, who allowed Omni-Tek to capture Portman in the past. If they had helped her instead of handing her over, we might not be in this mess. You don't even know what Omni-Tek did to her! All those bastards deserve to die!
    Tristram: My, aren't you a little happy camper. It is not like it was me personally who handed her over. I was training during the time of her arrest. I do not know all the details.
    Jaunay: Then maybe you should ask your beloved lord Galahad?
    Jaunay: <spits on the ground>
    Tristram: May I ask why you hold such hatred towards Omni-Tek? It seems much worse than any other person I have met, excluding Simon Silverstone.
    Jaunay: narrows her eyes and look at Tristram.
    Jaunay: Are you really sure you want to know?
    Tristram: But of course, it may explain certain things.
    Jaunay: <sighs>
    Jaunay: Fine! I believe it happened before I was born. During the early summer if 29455, My mother met a man, an Omni-Tek soldier, I think he was.
    Tristram: Oh? Your father is an Omni-Tek employee? Interesting.
    Jaunay: Do you want me to tell you or not?
    Tristram: Please, do continue.
    Jaunay: Well, apparently my father had been wounded and my mother nursed him back to health. At some point they got together and I was the result. But shortly after, he ran away, after he had done his job, just like Omni-Tek does. All he left behind was his jacket.
    Jaunay: Nine months later, on March 15, 29456 my mother died, as she gave birth to me. I was taken in by my grandmother, and raised by her. She told me what had happened to my mother. The only thing I retain from my father is his name and my hatred. He left my mother to die alone! I can never forgive him for that!
    Tristram: But you never knew him, so how can you judge him so harshly?
    Jaunay: I don't care who he is, that is not something you do! Regardless of his circumstances, he could have at least looked for my mother but no, once an Omni, always an Omni. They obey different rules, and care not for the consequences of their actions.
    Tristram: I see, but I have a feeling that it is more than just your father you hate, am I right?
    Jaunay: <blinks>
    Jaunay: And what the hell is that supposed to mean?
    Tristram: I heard that you had a confrontation on March 15. Apparently, you were very drunk, and could not aim that well. You were wounded in the process.
    Jaunay: Your point?
    Tristram: One does not get drunk, just to celebrate their birth day, nor do you seem like the person who needed a drink to remember your reason to fight. No, Ido not think you hate your father.
    Jaunay: What?
    Tristram: If I may be so bold, to say, I have a feeling that you hate yourself. You think, that if you had not been born, then your mother would not have died. The one you truly hate is yourself, for the simple fact that you were born. Your father is just an excuse for you to not realize this fact.
    Jaunay: <aims her weapon at Tristrams head>
    Jaunay: You crossed the line knight boy!
    Tristram: Pardon me, but you asked what my point was, so I explained.
    Tristram: <smiles softly>
    Jaunay: That a stupid excuse!
    Tristram: Nearly as stupid as yours.
    Jaunay: Shut up! I didn't come here to get lectured about how I do things!
    Tristram: No, but you might need to get rid of that attitude of yours. It will get you nowhere in this world. I do not care about how much you threaten me, or the other clans. If you do not change yours ways, both your own and those of Red Freedom, then you will never get as much support as you require to even the odds. Just my simple advice.
    Jaunay: You can shove your advice where the sun don't shine!
    Tristram: Do you really think it will change anything if you shoot me? Not that you can anyway.
    Jaunay: What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    Tristram: Quite simple. You need us, the council, regardless if you see us as mere tools, or as allies. The choice is yours
    Jaunay: <curses out loud as she lowers her weapon.>
    Jaunay: I'm out of here.
    Tristram: Remember to inform Portman of my offer.
    Jaunay: Whatever!

Recap of Major Points:
    1. Red Freedom is amassing large amounts of Perennium Plates and Bolts.
    2. The use of this Perennium does not seem to be in the construction of weapons.
    3. CoT is interested in trying to reign in the Red Freedom by bringing them back to the Council.
    4. CoT is supplying RF with materials to further their acts of terrorism against Omni-Tek

This came to me anonymously, but I have corlaborated that there is an Insp. Malkavie on planet from Omni-Prime.
    And now You know!

Roger "Scoopx" Johnson

Cub Reporter
    Rubi-Ka Times
    Neutral Division

hmm...Intresting. You have more of these reports by chance?
    The Red Brotherhood

That's a lot of censorship for a public accusation.
    Speaking of transcripts I got one of Rita, and Zora. Hot hot hot!
    Point Blank

Kotts is that the one where, zora is said to wear a dress?

I did mention that Tristam was a good man. Here, he proves it.

So in all of that, if any of you come out of it looking for a fight, you're deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    Kotts is that the one where, zora is said to wear a dress?
    I think so. It's hard to tell them apart... All that caked on makeup on Rita... it's hard to tell what wrinkles and what's face paste.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Scoopx View Post

April 17, 29482 2000 hrs Zulu

To: XXXXX
    Director, XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Subj: Meeting of Red Freedom Leaders and Council of Truth

Sir! By your direction I made myself available to Inspector Malkavie and met with him on April 14th, 49482. He briefed me on the mission and provided the parameters to be met for said mission. I gathered the equipment needed and recruited one Agent XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and met with Inspector Malkavie today. After receiving the coordinates for the meeting, Agent XXXXXXX and I proceed to the location in Broken Shores. The following is a transcript of that meeting we recorded and gave to Inspector Malkavie.

Parties Involved:
    Commander Jaunay Curtis, Red Freedom
    Sir Tristram Solis, Knights of Avalon
    I'd have a few questions myself. Looking at the time/date stamp alone, this isn't breaking news. The stamp shows this was early in the year. You were also working with or two from Omni-prime or at least trusted subjects thereof. Why the collaboration?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...