Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abid / Stormryda wins 1st in Sept 21 2v2 Deathmatch

Originally posted by Halfdeck
    Lol. Well I don't think I can explain it any better than that Its kinda like riding a bike, easy to do, hard to explain

Half

Put your hands on the handlebars,feet on the peddles and @$$ on the seat. balance and push those peddles! :P
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Re: good tourny

Originally posted by Patk9
    Been to this tourny twice and loved it both times. PvP with creds on the line = a reason to pvp. Anyway I propose make a new rule of maybe 2 prof cant be on same team, facing 2 traders was rough enough, but 2 soldiers that could target you at 1st and both alpha......means 2v1 for the rest of fight , instant kills and instant 50% effectivness isnt very fun...or maybe even 2 fixers with GA IV..fun fun
    Eppp, bad idea
    Gatorojo - Proud member of Apocalypse

Power to the Atrox!

Re: Re: good tourny

Originally posted by Halfdeck

Yeah agreed. I'm going to enforce a prof restriction tomorrow and see how it pans out.

Btw, thanks to Halofire as always for helping me increase tournout, Docmax for helping me run the tourney, and Nenous for creating a great bot. I'm going to try running a Calcutta tomorrow and hopefully get the prize closer to 100 million.

Also, this is how a calcutta should work (think of calcutta as gambling/auctions). We run a calcutta right before the fixtures are announced. Starting bid is fixed at 500 k credits, and minimum increment in bid is 500k. The team being bid on has the option to buy themselves for 500k before anyone else places a bid. After the team is sold, the bidder pays whoever's collecting the money (usually its Docmax, tx doc ). If the bidder is not a part of that team, the team that was auctioned off has the option of buying half of themselves. They lose this right once the fixtures are out and tourney gets underway. If they win the tourney and they bought half of themselves then they'll get half of the calcutta money.

So, lets say Strommm and Gatorojo is up for bids. They buy themselves for 500k and after few other bids Halofire wins the auction with a 3 mil bid. Strommm and Gatorojo then buys half of themselves for 1.5 mil (Strommm/Gatorojo pays 1.5 mil to Halofire and Halofire lets me know Strommm/Gatorojo has half. Stromm/Gatorojo can /tell me to confirm). After the calcutta, lets say the tourney pot comes to 50 mil (entry fee plus money added), and calcutta comes to 60 mil. If Strommm/Gatorojo ends up 1st, then they win 50 mil and half of the caluctta money = 30 mil, total of 80 mil. Halofire would also win 30 mil. If they decided not to buy themselves in the calcutta, they'll still take home 50 mil, while Halofire wins 60 mil. If they'd placed the winning bid in the auction, then strommm/Gatorojo would walk home with 110 mil.

Half
    Call me Atrox too I dont get it..110 mil to Gatorojo sounds great tho :P
    Gatorojo - Proud member of Apocalypse

Power to the Atrox!

Lightbulb

I think Halfdeck used to take bets on street fights or something.

Its all about filling up the pot except in real life he'd be taking a cut.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Talking

This must be illegal!!! Underground gladiator tourneys, people killing each other for money!!! Someone got to stop this...

Btw. do you have a spot open on your team Gato
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

Talking

I used to play alot of 9-ball tournies in real life, that's where my tourney setup is from The main pot on a good night will run to about 600 bucks and with some players selling for $300-400, the calcutta would go up to 2000+.

The calcutta went pretty smoothly tonight. I decided to shoot first and answer questions later... and everyone caught on pretty quick Dyna and Mazine ended up winning both the main pot and the calcutta, which added up to 66.5 mil.

Half
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Sep 29th, 2002 at 11:31:41.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12