Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making ends meet.

Making ends meet.

Picture...

A large hall, 800 square feet. White tiles on the floor, an white tiles on the walls up to a heigt of 6 feet. Some of the tiles have come off, some have crakcs in them. The hall is brighly lit by fluorescent lamps, one of them is flickering. The floor is clean, a cleaning trolley is parked in the corner, but in the corners near the ceiling there are cobwebs.

In the hall is an installation that would make a medium sized pertrochemical company jealous. Tubes, pipes, valves, funnels and three very large cast iron cauldrons. They look a little bit out of place. From one pipe hangs a handwritten sign. "The ICC share". The installation is buzzing an whirring.

A file cabinet against the wall with its doors open contains one ordner with photocopies of the design of the installation, and a hand written piece of paper that has "what to do in an emergency" written on the top of the page. Next to the file cabinet is a chair with an andruplicate sitting on it. The andruplicate has black hair and a big moustache. He was built by a RUR engineer who was asked to make a copy of the manual, but accidentally made a copy of the cleaner, Manuél. The andruplicate's sole task is to write down the temperature of the caldrouns every twenty five minutes.

On the glass door of a medicine cabinet hanging over a white sink is a yellow sticky note taped with two layers of scotch tape. The note says "nutrients, vitamins, flavours" In the cabinet are a few glass bottles, some of the bottles have crystallised liquid visible under the plastic caps.

Near the ceiling hang eight little black boxes. These are part of the "Shadowland Airco-system" or SLAC. SLAC is based on miniturised Whompa technologie. SLAC inlets are placed in Penumbra and Inferno, to regulate temperatures in the hall.

WHOP!

one of the SLAC's stops working.

Manuél stands up and stares at the stopped SLAC. then he pickes up the phone and dials a four digit number. "Yes? Hello? Aai theenk airco seven ees broken."
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

Meanwhile up in the Shadowlands...

Translated from the Yuttos language

The elderly yuttos named 'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup' strides into the camp with unseemly haste and heads directly into one of the tents.

"Greetings 'One Who Knows Much Trivia'. I need to speak with you."

"And may the blessings of Ergo be with you 'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup'. How may I be of service."

"What do make of this?" says 'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup' as he produces a squashed tin cylinder from his bag. "One of our scout parties found it while he was searching through the trash left behind by group of human explorers looking for the Cheetos and other delicacies."

"Ah, that is easy. This a can." says 'One Who Know Much Trivia' confidently. "The humans use them to store many of their fizzy drinks, including the beer."

"I thought as much. But look carefully on the can. Do you not see the image of a Yuttos on it?"

"So there is, 'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup'!"

"And, correct me if I am mistaken, is it not the custom of the humans to put images of the product contained within the can or other package on said can or package."

"Yes sometimes. But not always. Sometimes the image is just a mascot. Sometimes it is just a human female with little clothing."

"I must say I am concerned and disturbed by this the can." says 'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup'."

"Maybe I can set your mind to rest, 'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup'. Sit by the fire while I translate the human writing on the can."

'One Who Knows Much Trivia' takes out his ancient looking PDA and begins transcribe the strange symbols found on the human can while 'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup' sings to himself to pass the time. Hours pass.

"I have done all I can." says 'One Who Knows Much Trivia'. The drink is called 'Yuttos Energy Drink'. It would appear to contain, and I quote, '100% Natural & Certified Organic and Inorganic Ingredients' of which 12% appear to be something called Yuttos Juice."

"Yuttos Juice? What is this Yuttos Juice?"

"I does not say. In this context it could mean juice made for yuttos, juice made by yuttos or, Ergo forbid, juice made of yuttos!"

"I like this not, 'One Who Know Much Trivia'." says the other yuttos. "I will compose a gloomy song on this Yuttos Drink while I ponder the matter further."

"Always with the singing." 'One Who Know Much Trivia' thinks to himself. "No wonder the other races never take us seriously."

"Does the can say anything else?" asks 'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup'.

"Not much, just that it is apparently being produced by a group of humans called R.U.R."
    Last edited by Dabblez; Sep 28th, 2008 at 15:04:45.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

In the days that followed 'One Who Knows Much Trivia' could not shrug off the sense of unease. He knew 'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup' was be prone to exaggeration (as well as putting too much salt in soup) but this time he seemed to have a point. Something had changed in yuttos society, especially among the younger generation.

'One Who Knows Much Trivia' deiced to consult with his peers. He spoke to 'Auxiliary One-Third' who told him how fewer and fewer yuttos were engaging in the traditional yuttos activities like ottous herding, dozing and loafing. 'One Who Gives Light' complained about the shortage of yuttos available to collect Life Lichen and Notum Slugs for him. 'One Who Wins Over Mind' had similar concerns over his Blue Tooth Fungi supply.

It was all very disconcerting to 'One Who Knows Much Trivia'. In the words of 'One Who Watches Too Much Star Wars', he had a bad feeling about this.

Eeod parked his Phasefront Banshee and walked to the main building of the RUR-HQ.
    He noticed that a lot of board-members owned brand new Banshee's and red yalms.

Eeod knocked on the director's door.
    "Deagnor?" Nobody answered.
    He knocked again on the door.
    Stil no answer. There was nobody in the office. He tried the doorknob and noticed that the door wasn't locked. Carefully he opened the door and walked in.
    In Deagnor's office he glanced at the shiny glass desk and a new Bronto-leather chair.
    On the desk was a stack of reports, all of them covered with yellow sticky notes. A sign that Miremeld has seen the files, and has added her comments to them.

He wanted to consult the director about getting funds for the purchase of a new broom. The old one was hanging together from old nails and duct tape, and had almost no fibres anymore. it was only 7 years ago since they bought this one, surely the management could find the means somewhere to buy a new one.

One report caught his eye.
    "Financial results 2nd quarter"

"Hmm." Eeod started to read the yellow sticky notes..

....Solvency. Parking fines are a constant matter of concerns. otherwise we are fine....constant growth in beverage revenues.........Monitor attrition levels......... Liquidity- not a problem anymore.....No increase in Robot sales......Stability- See urgent memo sent last week.......

All in all not too bad... This certainly increased his chances for a new broom!
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?

((sorry to interrupt. Only dabblez could come up with names like that. Thanks for the laughs, both of you.))

Having made a solemn yuttos promise to 'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup' that he would get to the bottom of this Yuttos Juice mystery, 'One Who Knows Much Trivia' goes to see Ergo.

"Hail, Ergo, Guardian of the Shadows!" cries out the elder yuttos to the hovering, metallic construct.

"I am Ergo." says Ergo.

"Yes, I know that, that is why I am here. I have come here, great Ergo, seeking help."

"I am here to serve." says Ergo.

"Thank you, thank you." replies the yuttos, gratefully.

"Ergo am I. I watch, maintain and serve!" says Ergo.

"Yes, of course you do. Most high Guardian of the Shadows, I fear a new threat face the yuttos and I need to know more about something called 'Yuttos Juice'."

"I watch the shadows and guard them." says Ergo. "Where the light flows freely, there is little danger, the beasts and people of the land defend those places vigorously. But it is in the shadows that evil gathers and the Devourers of our existence lurk, waiting for the slightest chance to cut away yet another strand from the fibers of our world."

"Pardon me Ergo, I am not sure I understand."

"I am the Conserver of Light! I am the Guardian of Shadows!" says Ergo.

"Yes, yes, but what about the Yuttos Juice?"

"I suggest a journey! A journey of rediscovery!" says Ergo.

"Where to, mighty one?"

"You Must Start The Journey!" says Ergo. "I am talking about a journey through the lands of Eternal Light! And of shadows dark and creeping! The journey you are embarking on is long and arduous. You will tread paths dark and dangerous, you will meet horrors beyond imagination and you will witness sorrows that break the hearts of mortal souls. But don't despair and never falter, in the shadow there is hope, in your journey there is salvation and when you reach your destination, the dust of the ages will fall away and the Light Eternal will once again flow into every corner of the world! Even though mankind has tried in shame and sorrow to bury the memories of the past, the sins of the forefathers are branded into their legacy and have left a mark in the deepest shadows of every persons mind.It is this history that will be revealed through your efforts and new chapters written as you travel closer to the Source. On your journey you will meet more people like you, brave souls, set on righting the wrongs of the past and unite worlds divided. Many have gone this path before you and thousands will follow in your footsteps. Some will prove to be your friends, other will reveal themselves as adversaries, but know that the more people you join forces with, the more possible the all but impossible will become."

"I see."

"But you must not tarry, you may not linger! Time is of importance here!" says Ergo.

"No, of course not. I go now. Thank you, Ergo."

Hours later, back at the yuttos camp, 'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup' spots 'One Who Knows Much Trivia' as he returns.

"Hail 'One Who Knows Much Trivia', have you spoken with the mighty Ergo?"

"That I have." responds 'One Who Knows Much Trivia'.

"Praised be! And what wisdom did he bestow on you?"

'One Who Knows Much Trivia' shrugs. "Usual thing. Light, shadow, darkness and... did I mention shadows?"

'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup' signs. "No matter, my friend. I am sure we shall get to the bottom of this Yuttos Juice affair one way or another."

((Love the Yuttos Drink grid site, i wonder if I walked to that local listed in the store locator I'd find some one selling the stuff))
    Alexanderw 220/17 Opi MA Current setup work in progress.

"Good morning Mr Linear."
    "Hello. You can call me Eeod if you like."
    "yes. I know, mr Linear. You have come for the SLAC?"
    "Aha. I have developed the technique to miniturise whompa technology, and by setting up a connection with Penumbra and.."
    "Very well! Before you go into the factory you have to sign this form."
    "I do? Why?"
    "Standard non disclusure agreement. Nothing special."
    "What does it say?"
    "It prevents you to say anything about things you see in our factory."
    "Aah, this is about the secret ingredient isn't it?"
    "Please sign the form."
    "But.. we are colleagues. I've worked for this firm for years.."
    "Yes, I know. And you are doing a fine job!"
    "Well then.."
    "Please sign the form."
    "What is going on here?"
    "Nothing special."
    "let me see this agreement of yours... This is silly.."
    "Just standard precaution. Nothing to worry about."
    "What in Buffy's name is this? 'This NDA includes the existence of the NDA itself?' "
    "We could call in another engineer if this is a problem for you..."
    "There. I've signed it. Now let me in please."
    "Sure me Linear, no problem."

"Oh my..."

Clifford Whittard's practice was failing. He'd come to Rubi-Ka with a law-degree under one arm and a suitcase full of dreams under the other. Here, on humanity's furthest frontier, he would bring reason, justice and enlightenment.

What he had not factored in is that for generations Rubi-Kans had been used to settling their own affairs with guns and swords. These provided a faster, cheaper and, thanks to insurance technology, a lot less troublesome resolution to ones problems than the courts. It seemed to Clifford that given how violence played such a part in Rubi-Kan culture, the very notion of trying to resolve an issue without a healthy does of violence came across to your regular Rubi-Kan as somewhat artificial, if not down right dishonest.

As a result, after three hard years of struggling to keep his practice afloat all Clifford had to show for himself as an abundance of debts and self-pity and, some might say, a bit of a drinking problem.

The squawk of the intercom interrupted Clifford's gloomy train of thought.

"Mr Whittard?" said the nasal voice of his secretary, "There is someone here to see you. A... client."

Clifford was startled. "A client Ms Pritchard? Send him in."

"He... doesn't have an appointment." complained Ms Pritchard.

Considering the state of his practice, this seemed a rather bizarre objection. "Have you lost your mind woman, just send him in!"

"But sir, he's..." her voice trailed off.

"He is what, Ms Pritchard?"

Ms Pritchard paused to reflect carefully on her answer and then simply said "I'll send him right in."

Moments later, Ms Pritchard entered Clifford private office with a Yuttos behind her. "Mr Whittard, this is 'One Who Knows Much Trivia'. He is seeking representation."

Clifford was not quite sure what to say. In his time on Rubi-Ka he’d never left the comparative safety of the cities, let alone met a Yuttos. So it was the Yuttos who broke the silence.

“Greetings, I an known among my people as ‘One Who Knows Much Trivia’. Are you a keeper of the human laws?”

“That-that is an interesting way of putting it. I an lawyer fully qualified in Omni and ICC law.” Replied Clifford.

“That is good. I require your services.” With that, ‘One Who Knows Much Trivia’ emptied his satchel on Clifford’s desk, covering it with Yuttos NCUs. “Will this be sufficient compensation for your time?”

Clifford greedily grabbed the NCU with both arms and smiled. “I am sure we can reach some sort of agreement.”

Eeod popped open a can of RUR.cola.

"There we were, Stan and me, when just like that, out of the blue the robbers appeared.
    Stanislav immedeatly handed over the crates to one of the thugs. I can imagine that the poor engineer was afraid, but i wasn't going to let it happen without a fight.
    Quickly I kicked the pistol out of the croock's hand that was nearest to me, and before he knew it I had him in a tight grip, with one arm holding his hands on his back and my other arm around his throat.
    But the villans were with too many. Must have been 6 robbers at least. An they all aimed their gunz at poor Stan."
    "Six robbers?" Slaarti asked.
    "Yes, i'm sure, and they all had ugly black skull insignas on their helmetz."
    "Black skulls."
    "yah. bud i had to let hem ged away with it. I had to zink of the savety of Ztan.."
    "Ofcourse."
    "Can i have anodder glaas of RUR.cola?"
    "I dont think that is a good idea. Have a Yutto Energy drink"
    "Yutto Energee Drink!! Yutto!!! The thingz i could tell you about Yutto Energee drik. dr.. deh.."

One moment Eeod looked thoughtfull, then he passed out.

The letter arrived in RUR's mailroom early one morning. It read.

Dear sir or madam,
    My clients are a group of influential and concerned Yuttos. Having learned that RUR produce a soft drink which lists "Yuttos Juice" among its ingredients, my clients have expressed to me their understandable concern as to what exactly is meant by this term.

In the interest of peaceful inter-species relations we politely request RUR to disclose such information to us at you earliest convenience. Any trade sensitive information included will of course be treated as confidential by my clients.

Best regards,

Clifford Whittard
    Attorney at law
    On arrival, the sorting software in RUR's mailroom detected that the letter came from a law firm and placed it on the Customer Service pile. Later that morning, like every day, the letters on the Customer Service pile were automatically released onto a conveyor belt and fed to an industrial sized shredder, unopened and unread.

((OMG what next? Will the Yuttos have a law suit? Will the engineers at RUR ever answer their customer service mail, if I sent a "Weird Looking Bomb" headed down the chute of the shredder? I'm going to stay tuned!))

Picture...

A large hall, 800 square feet....

Near the ceiling hang only four little black boxes.
    One little box is on the table. the panel of one side is opened, and a range of tools lay in a toolbox next to the SLAC.
    A black moustached figure peeks inside the box, and looks like he is solving an extreme difficult puzzle. Then he picks up the horn of an old phone and dials a four digit number.

"..."
    "Yéés, eet ees Manuel here."
    "...?"
    "Manuel."
    "...?"
    "Maa, Noo, Elll.. Yes. Manuel"
    "..."
    "From the factory."
    "..."
    "Yuttos beverage plant."
    "...?"
    "Yes, aai work een the large hall."
    "...?"
    "Yes next to the room where the Yutt..."
    "... ...!"
    "yes, exactly"
    "... ... ...!"
    "Horrendous? Aai dont recall anyone with that name working.."
    "...!"
    "Oh...Aai see."
    "...?"
    "No, Aai dont have problems with that. Aai think aai got used to eet...."
    "...?"
    "Normally aai monitor temperatures, but aai've gotten ee new task."
    "...!"
    "Thats what aai am calling about. Aai have to refit the SLAC for the yuttos juice production."
    "... ..."
    "Could you come over please, aai cant figure eet out all by myself aai'm afraid."
    "..."
    "Oh, you cant? Why ees that?"
    "... ...! ... ... ... .. .... ...!"
    "..een the sewer...with ee toothbrush....yes....very unusual.."
    "... ... ...!"
    "Did they at least close the inlets for the sewer?"
    "..."
    "They didn't....Yes..you are very lucky that eet hasn't rained the last few days.."
    "...?"
    "Because when eet rains ee lot of feelth poors een the sewers at once.."
    "...?"
    "How aai know? Because my cousin used to work there."
    ".. ...?"
    "No, he hated eet. Nowaday they use robots to do that. Speaking of wich, couldn't you use ee COSbot?"
    "... ... ..."
    "Aaah,.. yes..they rewired one... now the COSbot ees watching and making sure you do the job..."
    "...!"
    "No, aai have to disagree with you on that one. Aai think Officer Virta ees a very respectable and gifted Engineer."
    "..."
    "My question, Aai have realligned the qadrupulater to the Quark-inlet, but the juice still comes out smelling weird."
    "...?"
    "Like old socks."
    "..."
    "Yes, but wee are not all working een the sewers, and aai'm pretty sure most of our customers wouldn't give ee million to smell that."
    "..."
    "Hmm, ok.. ees that the left button or the right?"
    "..."
    "Yes, Aai think aai can remember that."
    ".."
    "When are you finished there?"
    "..."
    "Aai'm sorry to hear that. But thank you very much and good luck."
    "...."

Manuel puts the horn on the hook, and walks back to the other side of the table.
    "Now, push the right button three times and open the valve..."

((Hmm...seems Manuel is not who he has put about.))

'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup' regards the mostly empty yuttos village. As usual these days only the very young and the very old were about. The rest would return around sunset, looking dazed and tired and always with some lame excuse about where they’d been all day. This was not right.

It was all well and good for ‘One Who Knows Much Trivia’ to speak with the human law-keeper, but 'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup’ knows the answer is not something that will come from the outside, but from deep within.

In the old, traditional yuttos style 'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup’ sits on his own and brings to write a song; a song to help him find clarity, a song to commune with the world of nature, a song of shadow and light.

A song that went something like this:

Oh, oh, oh, Yuttos Juice!
    Oh, oh, oh why this abuse?
    How will we ever break loose?

Mil etter mil etter mil
    etter mil etter mil etter mil

Oh, oh, oh Energy Drink
    Oh, oh, oh what should I think?
    Help us come back from the brink.

‘One Who Knows Much Trivia’ took a seat in the lawyer's private office. It had been a while since he'd last spoken to the keeper of the human laws.

"Thank you for coming here." says Clifford.

"I hope you have good news for me." replies the Yuttos.

"Not exactly." Nervously, Clifford gets up form his chiar and paces up and down the office. "I have had no success contacting RUR in an official capacity. Nor can we force them to disclose the secret of Yuttos Juice as it falls under the category of trade secret."

"That does not sound good."

"No, but I do have a plan. I think I know how we can get the secret from RUR in a perfectly legal way. But it won't be cheap. It'll going take a lot more Yuttos NCUs."

‘One Who Knows Much Trivia’ nods his head and say. "Proceed."

It was a week since the Yuttos bought 52% of the R.U.R shares. Their laywer, Clifford Whittard spent a little fortune on it, but there were plenty Yutto NCU's to cover the costs of the aquisition.

Slaarti, the new appointed R.U.R. yutto song composer walked in the new owners room.
    The room, a former laboratory, was transferred in a very exotic way. Cloths attatche to the walls, and cushions on the floor gave it a nomadic touch.
    Much like a Yutto tent.

"Hello. I have finished my first song. I'm ready to perform it now."
    "Good," One-who-knows-much-trivia replied; "Wait for One-who-puts-too-much-salt-in-soup. Im sure he wants to hear it too."
    The yutto made a few loud Yutto noises, and the second owner of R.U.R. entered the room.
    "Please sing for us."

"Oh, oh, oh, Rubi Ka!
    Oh, oh, oh how to break even?
    How will we ever gain a profit?

Mil mil etter mil mil.
    Mil etter etter etter mil

Oh, oh, oh Consumers
    Oh, oh, oh how can we convince you?
    Help us make ends meet!
    Buy a R.U.R. Robot!"

One-who-puts-too-much-salt-in-soup nodded aprovingly. "I like it. I like it very much."
    "Thank you One-who-puts-too-much-salt-in-soup."
    "We want all employees to learn this song before the big sun has come and gone seven times."
    "One week? I think we can do that sir."
    "And when can we see the Yutto Energy drink plant?"
    "Oh, we are working on the problems. they will be fixed soon. after all, Eeod is very handy with SLAC's."
    "We realy want to see the plant Slaarti. You can go now."
    "Yes sir. Goodbye sir."
    Slaarti was happy that the meeting was over.. How much longer could he keep the secret?......

Back in the office of one Clifford Whittard, attorney at law, two impatient yuttos eye the human lawyer questioningly.

"I do not understand." says 'One Who Knows Much Trivia'. "We have done what you have ask us. Are we not now chieftains of the RUR tribe?"

"Well yes, in a manner of speaking." replies Clifford.

"Then why is it we still are not being told what yuttos juice actually is?"

Clifford mops a sweat bead from his forehead. "They are stalling. RUR management are looking for some loophole, some excuse to say that our take-over was illegal. Plus it is the holiday season."

"Holiday season?"

"Yes. Santa Leet?"

The two yuttos look back blankly.

"You must have your own holidays like Ergo's birthday or something thing?"

'One Who Puts Too Much Salt In Soup' nods. "Yes. I wrote a song about that."

"But rest assured," jumps in Clifford swiftly, "we did everything by the book. It really is now just a matter of time."

The two yuttos exchange a meaningful glance. "Very well, we shall wait a little longer."

Eeod sat at his desk and muttered.
    Weeks, no months had they spent on the promotional video.
    And heaven knows how RUR would be able to pay the video director, Puppy-Zee.

And now, only because YuttosInvest bought a majority of the shares, he couldn't release the video.
    Not because the owners of YuttosInvest objected. You cannot object to something you have no knowledge of..

In a secret meeting RUR management decided not tu run new campaigns till it was clear what YuttosInvest had in mind with RUR, it's employees and it's activities.

"The yuttos will find out eventually. There is no escape...."

Eeod held the disk in his hands and turned it a few times staring at it...

Then he made a decision.
    Last edited by Eeod; Jan 1st, 2009 at 21:40:57. Reason: ((grammer mistake that was too bad. even for me))

Picture....

Eeod, wearing camouflage make-up. including camouflage eyeliner, rouge and camouflage lippgloss. He is sitting on a barrel at the entrance of a deserted notum mine in the hills. Somewhere on Rubi Ka. He is wearing his toolbelt, and brought half the inventory of his lab with him to his hide-out. He is straightening his bandana. A half-finished Scare-bot stands in the corner.

"Troop leader to Chicken"
    "Chicken come in please."
    "Troop leader calling Chicken."
    "Troop leader to Chicken, talk to me, Eeod."
    "Troop leader calling the RUR Team: Eeod, Willone, Minage, Kendor, Tarendar, Slotine, Willrobinson, Dabblez. Confirm."
    "MrGerrit speaking. Talk to me, Eeod."
    "They're all gone, Sir."
    "There he is! Go get him!"
    "Eeod. Are you OK?"
    "All the RUR engineer team are gone."
    "Not Dabblez, she's stil here."
    "Dabblez too, sir."
    "How?"
    "Caught it when YuttosInvest bought 52% of the shares, without knowing it. She showed up at work last week without her toolbelt."
    "l'm sorry, l didn't know that."
    "l'm the last one, sir."
    "lt's good to hear your voice, Eeod, it's been a long time. You've done some damage here, but they don't want any trouble."
    "North-west."
    "That's why l'm here. l'll fly you out of here. Just you and me. We'll work it out."
    "ls that an offer? Where do you come from, Sir?"
    "Broken Shores."
    "l called, but they could never find you in Broken Shores."
    "l'm hardly ever there, at the moment l'm sitting on my ass in Omni HQ. l wish l was in Broken Shores. We'll talk about it when you come in."
    "l can't do that, Sir."
    "We can't allow you to scare friendly Yuttos."
    "There are no friendly Yuttos."
    "l'm your friend. l was there, up to my knees in grease! l've saved your ass many times. Keeping you out of trouble is a life's work."
    "Without the f** Yuttos there wouldn't be any trouble! l just wanted something to build. But the creatures provoked me, Sir."
    "You provoked them too, Eeod."
    "They started to reform RUR, not me."
    "Let me get you out of here!"
    "They were first."
    "Do you still hear me?"
    "Troop leader to Chicken!"
    "Eeod, acknowledge!"
    "He's finished, MrGerrit."
    "We've got a bearing. In the morning l'll send all my men to the ridge."
    "We'll get him my way."
    "Dammit. Dammit!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast