Thread: Weird implant incident

Weird implant incident

This happened yesterday -

I was making some regular ql 170ish implants for this guy, and one of them was gonna be a standard evasion leg thingy. But when I put a cluster in the leg, it transformed from a leg to a ql 202 refined ear that gave +30 NCU. Anyone else seen something like this? A bug or a new 14.5 bingo element?
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

Or you have just a pair of golden hands....
    care to do my implants?

I want some to... try to reproduce that effect... I'll pay hansomly for +30 ncu /akodoreign
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

The same happened to me.

Installing a B and F cluster into a ql 200 leg implant transformed it into an ql 201 ear implant with + 30 NCU.
    Oliewabie
    Entertainer and Rubi-Ka Trotter

Feel free to visit:
    Olie's Arul Saba Store - Gems and Bracer
    Free Champagne and refreshements

Sounds like a bug, then, if it happens with legs and goes to QL201+ NCU ears.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Happened to me yesterday, with a evasion and a life cluster in a ql200 leg. The life cluster combined ok, but when I added the evasion cluster a ql202 refined ear came out, with +30NCU and a bonus to Psychic. Seems to only happen with ql170+ legs, because when I tried it with a lvl90 leg with same clusters, it would not let me combine them. You could put one cluster or the other in, but when you tried the second cluster, nothing happened, no message or anything. I happen to have a couple of extra ql170+ legs so I am going to try to reproduce the effect if I can. BTW, I hope that the silly clan MA whose implant this was sees this and realizes that I wasn't jerking him around. Heh. I will post again once I have finished my experiment with another ql200 leg.
    Nivenyrral Lvl 200 Omni Engineer
    General and Retired President of the Band of Brothers

To hear that implants are changing due to a bug, and you are engaging in using this bug to your advantage. Im sure this would be considered an exploit.

I am not having a go at you guys or anything like that. Im just stating this because if it is an exploit, then you could land yourself in hot water.

So I would suggest to anyone who likes playing this game, if it happens to you, then petition about the problem.

So ya dont get kicked.

Sorry to sound so parent like. But im just letting you know.
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Originally posted by Tikon
    To hear that implants are changing due to a bug, and you are engaging in using this bug to your advantage. Im sure this would be considered an exploit.

I am not having a go at you guys or anything like that. Im just stating this because if it is an exploit, then you could land yourself in hot water.

So I would suggest to anyone who likes playing this game, if it happens to you, then petition about the problem.

So ya dont get kicked.

Sorry to sound so parent like. But im just letting you know.
    Yes, because making implants is DEFINITELY an exploit

Sounds likda lame, especially considering the different between Q200 and Q201 implants is 312904823904823432 treatment req.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Excuse me Tikon, but I am NOT attempting to exploit this. I am spending my credits and difficult to find items trying to find out if this an isolated couple of instances or if this is a repeatable bug. If it is repeatable then I am going to report it. But dosen't it make sense to find out the details of the problem before I report it, so it is easier to find a fix? I really don't care for this bug, because so far I have been called a liar and now a cheat over it. So screw you thanks very much.

I never said in my response that you were exploiting, SO dont go shouting your neub mouth off before you fully understand what im trying to say!

Now before you go any further I said clearly, which is printed in front of your frickin face "Implants are changing due to a bug".

Now by using this bug you might be considered an exploiter, now dont forget that when the money exploiting was going on, poeple who had received money from an exploiter could have possibly been banned.

So I am stating the facts to your face so you dont get into hot water. And im sorry that you are a young teenager who takes good advice the wrong way.

I suggest in future that if you find any bug, to report it straight away, dont investigate it yourself or explore other avenues of the bug. BECAUSE IT MAY BE CONSIDERED AN EXPLOIT.

So i give my words hastily in the presence of young immature morons, who obviously dont understand the meaning of what people are trying to say on these forums.

I suggest that in future if you are going to respond to any post, to read it carefully before you start shooting your little mouths off!

Heed my advice and go and GROW UP!
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Exploit my ass..

Im gonna log in now, create a +30 NCU implant and try to put it in.

SO BAN ME ! lol..

SO dont go shouting your neub mouth off before you fully
    Last edited by VdpMeat; Sep 23rd, 2002 at 17:54:57.
    VdpMeat ex-MA Engie

What about the last half of that sentence, the half I took offense to. The "and you are engaging in using this bug to your advantage" part that you cleverly left off in your last post. Nowhere did I say I was building these to my advantage, or offering to build them for others. I apologize for having misinterpreted your words, but after the grief that this bug has caused me so far, I was a bit quick on the draw. I will assume that the remainder of your last post was made in the same mood, and therefore I will ignore it. Enough said.

I never said in my response that you were exploiting.
    Uhhh yeah, it looks like you did.
    Please take your over active Mothering complex someplace else.
    This whole exploit thing has been done to death on the forums,so we dont need the class tattletale telling us what a freakin exploit is.

We all know the sooner an exploit is known the sooner funcom will fix it.

It's official: It's a bug.

New one today - put a life cluster in a ql 200 waist implant, and it turned into a refined leg which gave a % increase to nano resist. I petitioned, and an ARK told me they are gathering info, and are thankful for input from the ones that encounter this.
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

I posted about this over the weekend

And still no announcement on the login screen about these bugs
    My husband came home with a tube of KY jelly and said, "This will make you happy tonight!"

He was right. When he went out of the bedroom, I squirted it all over the doorknobs. He couldn't get back in.

Q : What must a woman do when a man is running around in circles?
    A : Reload, adjust the scope, and carry on shooting.

A couple are lying in bed. The man says: "I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world"

The woman says : "I will surely miss you"

Hmmm, I tried a QL165 legimplant, first I took an bright evation, it worked ok, then I tried to assemble the faded life cluster - it didn't work. So I zoned and tried again, and it turned into a QL10 baseball bat, hehe... very funny...

Also tried shop implants, which you can't assemble at all..