Thread: Booster Pack and Shipping Costs

Question Booster Pack and Shipping Costs

I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but I couldn't see it anywhere...

What I was wondering is will the booster be downloadable eventually? For a fee of course....

<ducks the flames>

The reason I ask is that I went to the pre-order page today and had a peek at how much it would be to get it shipped over here. $19.99 US for the Pack - fine. Happy with that.

But....

Shipping: $38.95 US.

Ouchie....

So that bumps the cost of the pack up to $58.94 US (or about 125 flightless birds, or NZ Dollars - whatever is more accurate over here...)

That's some quite serious coin to get an expansion pack for poor liddle ole me... I would be quite happy to download the pack (as I did with AO originally) and to pay through some means (perhaps not via the AO Account as I think I already saw a thread saying that was a no-go).

The only other option would be to wait till it turned up in stores here, but as we only got power last week, and running water is a distant fantasy, I don't hold up much hope....

Help me Funcom Kenobe, you're my only hope...

Love and mungbeans,
    Hypertension

From what I hear, there won't be an option to download the booster.

Funcom needs to have a game to put on the shelves in the stores, so they can boost the number of subscribers and get sorely needed funds.

Shipping is almost $39 USD for you, to 'down under'? Was that shipping from Europe or from the U.S? Try both, I hope you can find a cheaper alternative. Also, I hope you didn't select any 'express' way of shipping it to you, for that will cost you an arm and a leg..
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Yes, it's funny how the shipping cost never has been mentioned when FC talked about the price of the booster. Also, if the price is $19.95 straight from FC, how much will it be in a proper store since there is a distribution cost and the stores overhead to be included in the price. That is if you will even be able to find it anywhere, I have never seen a single special edition AO pack in a store here in Sweden. Somehow I doubt that a mere booster will be able to make itself heard over all the really big releases over the holiday season.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

The pack should be on store shelves, and you can order from companies other than funcom. Perhaps you can find a more economical way of getting it.

example:
    http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categorie...p?pf_id=228047
    Last edited by Blix; Sep 23rd, 2002 at 22:10:49.

Smile Oh the pain....

Originally posted by Kzak
    Shipping is almost $39 USD for you, to 'down under'? Was that shipping from Europe or from the U.S? Try both, I hope you can find a cheaper alternative. Also, I hope you didn't select any 'express' way of shipping it to you, for that will cost you an arm and a leg.. [/B]
    Just for comparison - the Euro version:

20,99 - Pack cost.
    49,82 - Shipping cost.
    70,81 - Total cost.

Unfortunately there is only the one option from the US (FedEx) and appears to be only the one method from Europe (UPS Overnight!)

Blix - good point I'll try and shop around a bit! If anyone on this side of the world finds a good place to buy it from, with cheap(!) shipping maybe the could post it here? I know of a number of other people who will also be looking for the booster, but not for the shipping costs!

Love and mungbeans,
    Hypertension

Well how bout amazon? they are large volume resellers so...
    might be wise to combine the buy with other stuff you want at the same time to save some shipping costs...

The shipping prices all the companies/services (I guess it's the services) take is insane...
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions