Thread: Pulling all the stops.. well most of them

Pulling all the stops.. well most of them

Ive decided to start a tl5 NT twink which im lving atm. I deceided to try somethign a little diff and went Opi for the extra evades, which i havent seen mny of (mby cause its not worth it but o well im gunna do it). Not sure if im gunna go as far as to get the alb util wen wen or HI specs for buffing, but im looknig for a fairly nice set up.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=127008

Thats the current setup im aiming for and im looking for any upgrades or advice. Im half questioning if ill b able to get 240 imps in but i can mby lower to 220 or 230.

Im also asuming that ill go 170 but im not totally sure, so certain QL's may change (another thing would b nice to learn the pros and cons of going 165 and 170). Im also planning on doing the scheol quest (help me god XD) because i want that shield :P and getting Nullity Sphere MK II, but not sure if it is worth getting now due to LE nanos (again any info would be nice).

Also theres 1 thing that has been bugging me for a while. Alot of the Nt's ive seen at tl5 wear 192 AI armor and not 225 is that purely cause of req or some other reason?

Thanks in advance and i cant wait to get back in the pvp arena

Only question I have about the setup ur looking at is why comp deck range increaser and viral memory unit?

Why not just 2 more Yutto's mems?

Oh, and QL240 implants should be no problem

Org
    Field Marshall Jean Luc "Organa" Picard - level 220/20/70 - Setup
    Eternalist Doctor "Stitchiz" Nick - level 220/21/55 - Setup
    Supreme Creator Sally "Orya" Dilox - level 220/20/64 - Setup
    Don Sonny "Protexxor" Fresh - level 200/26/58 - Setup
    Techno-Mage Galileo "Aryuna" Galilei - level 170/17/42 - Setup

Just from personal point of view; SoDN doesn't worths the hassle. Notucomm is nice, even only +Dodge one. Easly swappable even. Except that, change Viral compiler to Infused, Deck Ranger is so useless, change it with Infused Yutto, same with Viral Memory. Alien Augmentation Device - Protection ain't really good, to be honest waste of spot for me. I'd change it with Defensive one. Else than that, boost Imps/Symbs as much as you can and /enjoy. And to be honest, in a BS, i'd use IGoC's and those red pads in duels for extra NR depending on the target.
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

sodn looks so much more badass tho so win
    Squad Commander of Lex Noctis
    'Larp' 220/22 Atrox Enforcer Phats
    Ohne "Qixote" Dich 220/30/70 Solitus Nano-Technician Phats
    Cellar "Shiae" Door 165/22 Solitus Adventurer Phats
    Little 'Twinks' Boy 21/2 Atrox Enforcer

Changed the ncus, the hud was ment to b a defensive not protection always was, i just pressed wrong 1, same with the compiler :P. In regards to notocum i havent seen mny nts with it and i think id prefer the extra NR u get with SoDN.

Not sure about IGOC's but i spose it would depend on my nr withought them but i did consider them and my decsion will probly b deceided by other ppls opinions on what they think is best.
    Last edited by Temaenf; Feb 11th, 2009 at 06:07:03.

I went with SoDN for the NR, I also use the SoM NR ring instead of the Scheol/HI evade ring on a regular basis as well.

Not sure about the range increaser tho, I use one in hope of it helping with the NR debuff range.

As far as 165 vs 170, at least on RK1 going 170 means you're pretty much useless at towers due to the high number of 210-214 "twinks" around. But if you plan on going BS only there is nothing stopping you from going 170 or 174 even. Means you can get 230 symbs on instead of 220.
    .:: Proud Member of Obsidian Order RK1 ::.

I'd rather swap out the hardcore cpu than the range increaser. Fights don't last long enough for nano to be a problem, while landing an nr debuff on that trader before he drains you can be crucial to winning a fight...

Im planning on going mainly bs but i have been getting into towers recently so atm im still undecided untill some 1 persuades me :P. In regards to the range vs cpu wouldnt the cpu hlp alot with le nanos? And the ring depends on how much nr i end up calculting i will have, but im suspecting that i shouldnt need the extra bit

Thx again for any more advice and suggestions

In my experience, it would seem that without care to breed... hate tells will come from anyone when you nuke them into the pavement.

Should it really matter?

I personally liked my Opi nt better than my NM one.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

you will need the deck increaser for the NR debuff if you plan on going NR 1.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheW1tch View Post
    you will need the deck increaser for the NR debuff if you plan on going NR 1.
    exactly, NR debuff has very short range
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I was thinking if i will b able to max my range without the range increaser? If so would it b worth it or will i have to sacrifice something?

Quote Originally Posted by Temaenf View Post
    I was thinking if i will b able to max my range without the range increaser? If so would it b worth it or will i have to sacrifice something?
    This or This.
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

Yeah i know those 2 nanos but do u recon that would give me max range to compensate for not having a range increaser, based on my curret set up plan?

The Deck range increaser would be to (almost) cap the range on the nr debuffs. Nanos alone are plenty to cap range on anything else.