Thread: Editor news (ooc feedback)

Editor news (ooc feedback)

Ok, first the positive:

I like the idea of player affected news flashes and blurbs. It adds a player element to major events on Rubi-ka. I also gotta give my hats off to people, players and ARK alike who spend portions of their busy time to stop and make us laugh and feel like Rubi-ka is a great place to game.

Then the con:

Two words.. Leeroy Jenkins. I like to laugh at gaming gimmicks at much as the next man, and truly I got more than a few chuckles out of it. Now, from a pure player standpoint, I even gotta small laugh out of the Leeroy Jenkins ad. But, in all honesty, its a bit too far outta box for me. The original LJ was actually staged, if anyone didn't know. Second, that one liner is about as overused as the Dave Chappelle's Rick James Skit. I don't consider it a truly heinous RP violation, because its still a game and i think parody is neat in small doses. I won't even go so far as to condemn Windguaerd (I know i killed the spelling on it.) for posting it. What I will do is let people know that I call shenanigans on the play.

=) Nice try, but i'd stay away from going that far with parody.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I don't know I enjoy a good parody bit from time to time. Over all I think silly stories are good. Funny human interest stories that are there only for a humors effect, and maybe give players something to chuckle over when talking IC.

But yeah Leeroy might be pushing it a bit far. I'm all one for using pop culture in RP. I mean I did quote the Beatles the other night in talking with some folk. But ya Leeroy is a bit over used.

Well on a good note at least we know we're safe here on rk2; however, I thought it was Leeeeeeroy doing the pande ffa.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."