Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RK1] Freelance: Who is Leeroy Jenkins?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK1] Freelance: Who is Leeroy Jenkins?

Who is Leeroy Jenkins?
    September 06, 29482 - Noticiero Rivera [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - For years, there has been the rumor of the existence of a mighty warrior named Leeroy Jenkins. A man without fear, and without a plan. All he has is his sword, which makes me believe he may be either a Keeper, a Shade or a Martial Artist.

Tales of his feats of bravery can also be interpreted as complete insanity or stupidity. Almost all my sources refused to speak to me without a clause of anonymity to protect their names; they fear that Mr. Jenkins may break down their doors and, with his famous battle cry "Leeeeeroy Jeeenkins!", break vulture eggs all over their homes and slash their furniture into oblivion.

One clan citizen said, "Man, we were facing Tarasque and had everything well planned when he just rushed in screaming like a maniac and we had to rush in to try and not let him ruin the raid. We all ended up in reclaim that day."

Another clanner, who was also present during that event, said, "It was a nightmare, with Tara and all the flying lizards all over us, god it was crazy. And you know what his answer was after we demanded why he rushed in?, he said, 'at least I have chicken!!!' what the hell...".

An Omni-Pol officer recounted another occasion when Mr. Jenkins went berserk.

"We had a call from Borealis, the owner of the 'Weapons or Die' store had called frantically, saying that a Leeroy Jenkins was smashing his entire establishment into pieces screaming something about chicken and unfair prices. When we arrived the perpetrator was gone, leaving behind shattered window displays and clear marks of using some sort of a sword to unleash several millions worth of damage."

When I asked why he was not found and arrested the officer gave an interesting answer.

"Well, usually we track criminals through their DNA and use the insurance terminal system to track their movements to find and apprehend them. However, Mr. Jenkins does not appear to have an insurance policy. We also did not find any records of his arrival on Rubi-Ka or if he was born here. No record on the ICC criminal database and clan sources have no idea who he is, but are also looking for him due to similar actions against clanners. The investigation is still open, but because of the nature of the individual, few officers have bothered, or dared, to look for this nut."

The one person who appears to know Mr. Jenkins is former Newland Council Trade Minister Mohammad "Jujuwalker" Clancy.

"Oh Leeroy? Yeah I know him. Crazy and funny dude. If you are his friend, you're safe, most of the time. But get on his bad side, and there will be a chicken flying at you at high speed. He hates weak people, so if he thinks you're a wuss? expect a 'Leeeeeroy Jeeenkins!' to come at you, or at whatever you thought was a target. A man you want to have at your side if the odds are against you, not one to have if you have a good plan of attack, he will ignore you and just start swinging wildly like a drunken leet. Trust me, I have the scar on my ass to prove it."

A man without a records anywhere of his existence, few friends it seems and plenty of people who fear his actions, his battle cry, and... his chicken.

Who is Leeroy Jenkins? Where is he? Is he still on Rubi-Ka? Or is he now across the portals into the Shadowlands, causing havoc there?

Nobody knows. Beware, if you hear "Leeeeeroy Jeeenkins!"... run for your life.

This is Reporter “Noticiero” Rivera, and this has been, A Rubi-Ka Exclusive!

. . .
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    . . .

This man said it...

Eyowen ~ 220/23 Martial Artist ~ Should Reroll Shade
    Pheyde ~ 214/16 Trader ~ Tradeskilling Tool
    Panini ~ 220/24 Doctor ~ Doesn't PvP

~ Proud President of NinjaKittens ~

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    . . .
    que ef tee
    Point Blank

((errrrrrr, is RP on the servers that bad, that we have to start stealing identities from other games? What's next? A story of Jar-Jar Binks and his family being displaced from under Newland Lake when Phasefront set up shop?))
    Last edited by Zeephonz; Sep 7th, 2008 at 20:36:33.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    ((errrrrrr, is RP on the servers that bad, that we have to start stealing identities from other games? What's next? A story of Jar-Jar Binks and his family being displaced from under Newland Lake when Phasefront set up shop?))
    ((Heh, that's pretty much what I thought when I saw this. The fact that the Leeroy Jenkins video was made in 2005 makes it even worse.))
    Cpt. Darius "Gustavis" Caesar,
    Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation

Interview with Rubi-Ka Times at AO-Universe!

Whats worse is ARK actually passed it to be published. *sighs*
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

((I really don't see it being that big of a deal. Yea Leeroy is from another game, but there's a number of people in just about every mmo now that will use that catch phrase.
    As far as events approving it. Well it doesn't break any rules. It's just a silly little article that was meant to be fun.
    Okay so it wasn't the best, and it didn't go over well. But I really don't think it's that big of a deal.
    At least this was an article that was meant to be funny, not like so many that are meant to be serious and just end up making people laugh. ))
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

After a second reading, I can see that of course Noticiero has done well to make the article and has put life into it; and it does have its fun flavor, but of course the timing of it does give it kind of the "deadline crunch" feeling. First week back on the job for you, this is still good solid work, just a bit weird for the mainstream.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Talking

((Ok so most MA doesn't use a sword, but it's not out of the question if you look at martial arts from the RL pov which is what the game bases it on, for god's sake the MA tier armor is based on a BRUCE LEE movie!

Yes, the subject was stolen from Wow, sue me. It was meant to be a fun article, a change of pace on my return since most have always been dead serious IC.

After all, how many leeroys have we seen hit the fence in APF or pull 1000 mobs on the rest of us? I've lost count, heh.

The next article will be a bit tongue-in-cheek as well while I work on a more deep article to help encourage more roleplaying.

Sorry Russm, I'm not a GM. ARK passed it because it was a fun article =P

btw I will drop a hint of something that may be coming our way.....

Rubi-Ka Times

That's all, have a great weekend guys!))
    Last edited by Creacal; Nov 28th, 2008 at 17:46:48.

I'm glad Rimor has that initiative, but Atlantean doesn't have such at this time. RKT is currently a project that could cover both dimensions with the freedom of allowing players to either join a team of reporters or act as a freelance reporter without being in the team. This has been discussed and worked on for quite some time, I can't give any more details at this time, except that a group if experienced AO gamers are involved and have invested time into the project.
    Last edited by Creacal; Nov 28th, 2008 at 18:00:14.

boooooooooooooooo!

Noticiero, that was just in bad taste. Go back to WoW. I feel insulted.
    Last edited by ruken; Nov 25th, 2008 at 17:34:53.
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by ruken View Post
    boooooooooooooooo!

Noticiero, that was just in bad taste. Go back to WoW. I feel insulted.
    That was rather barbaric
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

a barbaric reaction to a lame article, obviously intended to not only insult our intelligence, but to prove that "it was the best submission they had"?

<sarcasm>noooooooooooo</sarcasm>

AO is better then this and deserves more love from its creators.
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by ruken View Post
    a barbaric reaction to a lame article, obviously intended to not only insult our intelligence, but to prove that "it was the best submission they had"?

<sarcasm>noooooooooooo</sarcasm>

AO is better then this and deserves more love from its creators.
    Well. You can always try to offset the ridiculous by making contributions either to the ARK RSS System or to Rimor Player driven efforts like the PSN Network or Newland News.

A contribution to any or all is an investment in the community, assuming your contribution isn't like this article.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

[[OCC: ok, thats enough. Regardless of who liked and disliked this article, is beside the point. Noticiero doesn't need much defending, but perhaps you should do some research yourself.. .considering that Noticiero is also Windgaerd, who helps operate AO-universe, and been a much more avid loyal player to this game, then is legally considered sane by the rest of us. He deserves FAR more support than just trolling on him like somehow he just woke up yesterday. It's also not wise to make your second impression in this game by nitpicking someone who's only guilty of bringing a lil humour to AO, however misplaced it seems to be viewed by his target audience. If you need to practice your troll skills, its best done somewhere else.

/rant off.]]
    Last edited by Creacal; Nov 28th, 2008 at 18:00:33.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    [[OCC: ok, thats enough. Regardless of who liked and disliked this article, is beside the point. Noticiero doesn't need much defending, but perhaps you should do some research yourself.. .considering that Noticiero is also Windgaerd, who helps operate AO-universe and been a much more avid loyal player to this game, then is legally considered sane by the rest of us. He deserves FAR more support than just trolling on him like somehow he just woke up yesterday. It's also not wise to make your second impression in this game by nitpicking someone who's only guilty of bringing a lil humour to AO, however misplaced it seems to be viewed by his target audience. If you need to practice your troll skills, its best done somewhere else.

/rant off.]]
    ((Shameless plug to correct Bubba, name is Windguaerd, and I founded AOU after I left AOV (that is a long story). I'm now Assistant Site Manager after I found people far more qualified and competent than me to manage it. :rops to AOU Team:: and as Noticiero I've done over 70 articles in the past 4 years, and if you read them you can tell that the "Who is Leeroy Jenkins?" is a rare type of article even among those which are 100% fictitious. I try to put the spotlight on roleplayers and RP orgs whenever I can, when I don't have the time then I try to create something entertaining and for the most part serious articles. Leeroy was just something based on the youtube vid of that WoW player which was pointed out to me by a fellow AO player. I thought it was hilarious and decided to use the story and give it an AO twist. Some may not like it but... oh well. And I have played other MMO's, I still have a lifetime account at LOTRO, but only have time for one MMO, and I picked AO.))
    Last edited by Creacal; Nov 28th, 2008 at 17:48:14.

[[ooc: well for only knowing you from your name on AO-Universe, and some basic deduction, I still think I did a better job of summarizing then he did. I don't have anything against Ruken or anything, I just think its too near a sucker punch to let it go unquestioned.]]
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

(( windguaerd had his runins calling others names or so that didn't agree with him, and i'm sure others called him names if he didn't agree with them. So in the end it's live & let live, if u like it, u can applaud here, if u don't like it, unless funcom uses their nazinja mod skills to secretly delete your replies ur still in a free world to give your opinions too, wether it hurts someone or not ))
    Last edited by Creacal; Nov 28th, 2008 at 17:49:19.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast