Thread: Bugged Implants...

Question Bugged Implants...

Hey i got a issue that i end up with alot of times...

Its while combine a cluster with a implant.
    It dosnt work at all. u dont get a error msg or anything it just dosnt work combine em..

Today this happend again. We where making a ql200 Chest. Was trying to put in a ql195 Shinning Cluster of Life.
    When i tried on my Agent i got a msg that i needed 1k NP. ofcoz.
    So i tried the guild engie that have over 1k NP...
    He said it didnt work...so i figure maybe we where buged in trade...so we both zoned and reloged but still same issue. Just didnt work to combine. So i called up on a MP with over 1k NP...Same thing there nothing happens no msg no nothing.
    So i though lets try one more....So i called on a NT with 1kNP...
    And guess what....Still same thing we just couldnt put the cluster in the implant.

Is this a known bug of some kind?
    It isnt the first time it have happend to me.
    Ofcoz i could just go buy a new cluster like i always do...
    BUT...what about the ppl that spend alot of cash on ql200 cluster and implant and then later find out its bugged so u gotta get a new cluster....

I would like to get some kind of feedback on this.

-Vik
    President of Total Chaos
    ~ Nikita "Vikie" Destiny ~

Home of Total Chaos

My Small Army on Rubi-Ka 2
    Vikie Agent | Nanojaq NT | Phaz Fixer | Jaqulinne MA | Vikineer Engie | Vikita Crat | Vikiz Trader

- On your world, one plus one equals two. In our universe, one plus one equals one -

Originally posted by Hajkster
    Vikie seems to be one of the only intelligent people in this thread...

Maybe the skill of the people involved were too high.

When doing trade skills, if your skill is higher than that required for the task at hand, the end product can raise in QL. So, if you're making QL100 items and have a very high skill, you may end up with a QL105 end product.

There used to be a problem that occurred if your skill was high enough that the resulting item would be over QL200, then the end product would not be created, but your input items would still be deleted. A long time ago, FunCom changed this so that the input items would no longer be deleted, but you still wouldn't get an end product.

From your description, it sounds like the bug has changed a little bit.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

no such thing as skill being too high

Sorry, there is no such thing as your skill being too high.

With imps in and full skills, my nano programming topples 1100.

When making implants both the cluster and the implant MUST be in your regular inventory - not in a bag. Secondly, you must have two empty spots left in your inventory when combining. Thirdly, you combine the implant.

If you receive an error then you know the problem. If you do not receive any errors and the implant does not combine then you haven't placed them in the inventory like I showed nor do you have extra spots open.

Also, make sure they are the proper cluster type. If you are supposed to combine a shining (cluster type) into an implant and you accidentally bought bright of that, then you can't combine it either.

This error is not a bug - its a user error.

Not true Drabin...

I have had the same exact problem with two different implants. One of which was an exact copy of an implant I was already wearing (just higher QL).

This is a bug.

Considering I had been making implants practically all day, I know how things have to be in order to assemble correctly.

It has nothing to do with how many inventory slots are free. It has nothing to do with the skill required/too much skill. And here's the real kicker:

I was assembling a right-wrist implant. It was to have three clusters: Parrying, Nanite Resist, and Ambidexterity. I could put the parrying cluster in, then the Nanite Resist cluster, but then I was unable to put in the Ambidexterity cluster. I tried reversing the procedure - Ambidexterity first, Nanite second, then parrying... At that point, the Parrying cluster wouldn't go in!

----------------------------------------------
    EDIT: Yes, I bought extra implants and clusters to test this
    ----------------------------------------------

It is well known that you can't put two clusters of the same type in one implant. However, Parrying and Ambidexterity are *not* the same. Not only are they not the same, but I had assembled that exact same implant pre-14.5 at a lower QL!

I have had the same problem with putting together a leg implant that held Agil, Stam, and Sprint... I've made dozens of them over the past year of play, and now the Sprint cluster won't go in!

The only things I have found in common between these implants, is that the clusters I am having conflict are the shining and faded of the various types, *and* the faded clusters are all using the old graphic for the nano clusters. Now, I don't believe something so stupid as a graphic could ever possibly cause them to not work properly - they should be linked in no real way to how the clusters work. I'm just throwing out the common observations I have made.

So no, it is not our fault in any way. It is a bug, and it's one that I have only seen since 14.5. If you wish to give it a try, and see if you can succeed where I have not, I will gladly hand you the implant and cluster so you can try assembling them yourself. However, be aware that *3* people have tried to create these implants for me when I found that I was unable to do so.

FC, fix this bug ASAP. I can't finish a set of implants for one of my alts.

Re: no such thing as skill being too high

Originally posted by Drabin

This error is not a bug - its a user error.
    User Error?
    On 3diff chars, professions, skill amount...
    This must be some kind of bugg It happens to me alot, but i just go buy a new cluster. If im lucky i get the implant done.
    But when it comes to a shinning life cluster for ql200 imp it might be abit harder to find then if ur looking for a cluster for a ql90 imp
    President of Total Chaos

Home of Total Chaos

Vikie Agent | Nanojaq NT | Phaz Fixer | Jaqulinne MA | Vikineer Engie | Vikita Crat | Vikiz Trader

- On your world, one plus one equals two. In our universe, one plus one equals one -

Originally posted by Hypos
    Maybe the skill of the people involved were too high.

When doing trade skills, if your skill is higher than that required for the task at hand, the end product can raise in QL. So, if you're making QL100 items and have a very high skill, you may end up with a QL105 end product.

There used to be a problem that occurred if your skill was high enough that the resulting item would be over QL200, then the end product would not be created, but your input items would still be deleted. A long time ago, FunCom changed this so that the input items would no longer be deleted, but you still wouldn't get an end product.

From your description, it sounds like the bug has changed a little bit.
    The skills of these 3 ppl that tried making this implant was all diff. To high - Just right enough.
    ql195 Cluster shinning ...should work kinda good with a ql200 implant. But you just cant combine em
    President of Total Chaos

Home of Total Chaos

It happened to me with QL 50 & QL 70 implants - there was this *one* cluster who wouldn't go in the right implant, and I didn't get any error msgs. Tried zoning, logging = no result.

I was lucky it was the first clustr I was trying to implant in each particular implant, because I continued with the other clusters (worked fine), and then I found out I could insert the other non-functioning clusters...

So, IMO, I had to change the status of the implant to be able to insert the cluster. Hope that helps.
    Omni.

Several like that

There are several implant combinations that should work but fail; petition and let them know so that it can go onto the long list of unfixed bugs :P