Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DragonCon 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    I'm not sure when the announcement will be made, but I do know that the Funcom staff that was there was not leaving until today. I'm not saying that means there will be a delay in announcing anything because of course I don't know their plans. I'm just suggesting patience.
    Nah, FC shouldn't be the ones announcing it. It should be Gamerigs, they're the ones putting on the contest.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Nah, FC shouldn't be the ones announcing it. It should be Gamerigs, they're the ones putting on the contest.
    True, true. Ok, nevermind. I'm still recovering from the weekend.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    Why you lazy thing remind me to spankya sometime..
    Lazy hell! That was after being up until 6:30 that morning. You just want an excuse to spank me!

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

The AO panel happened at 10:00 a.m. on Monday.
    Sooo, anything interesting?

They showed us sketches from a new booster pack that will be coming out in the near future. This will include lots more high level content and answer such questions as: Who are the Dust Brigade and Why are the Aliens here.

It was unfortunate that it was at 10:00 am on the last day of the Con though. I had only a couple hours sleep the night before and was already running on empty from the whole weekend. So I really can't remember much in terms of specifics. There was a good number of people there though so perhaps someone who was more alive than me can post something more.

Member, GSP Dancers

They showed us sketches from a new booster pack that will be coming out in the near future. This will include lots more high level content and answer such questions as: Who are the Dust Brigade and Why are the Aliens here.

It was unfortunate that it was at 10:00 am on the last day of the Con though. I had only a couple hours sleep the night before and was already running on empty from the whole weekend. So I really can't remember much in terms of specifics. There was a good number of people there though so perhaps someone who was more alive than me can post something more.
    the aliens want our notum. duuuh.

and the dust brigade is really... aliens in disguise!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Lazy hell! That was after being up until 6:30 that morning. You just want an excuse to spank me!

And your problem with this is...

????

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Oh well, true, I do like spankings.

Member, GSP Dancers

Well, if they had a session, and they had a Q&A, it is a given that questions were asked about the graphics upgrade so some information is known by -some- attendees.

As for leaving Tuesday - yeah, no point trying to fly out on Labor day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Well, if they had a session, and they had a Q&A, it is a given that questions were asked about the graphics upgrade so some information is known by -some- attendees.

As for leaving Tuesday - yeah, no point trying to fly out on Labor day.
    Actually...not really....

They are still working on it and they want it to be right before they release it. That's about all Sil would reveal. Oh except it won't be any kind of huge patch (unless they patch other things with it) because it would be mostly on the tech side. Other than that, he was pretty tight lipped about it.

As to flying out labor day, I had no trouble. The security checkpoint moved along really quickly. The worst of it was just having to get up so early to be checked out prior to the panel since check out time was set for 11 and the panel was at 10. Otherwise, it was a breeze. But then I booked in March so I had a guaranteed spot. A number of people were on stand-by.

Member, GSP Dancers

Anyone ask about whether they are going to fix the starting area?

Not at the panel, no.

Member, GSP Dancers

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    Anyone ask about whether they are going to fix the starting area?
    It's not broke, imo

I like it the way it is, and have pointed that out to them (kudos on ditching the gems and other boss drops and AI drops) to give them positive feedback. Only thing lacking is the return of the crash sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Only thing lacking is the return of the crash sequence.
    Agreed.

Bring back the arrival hall and crash sequence and it's fine.
    Last edited by Autohead; Sep 2nd, 2008 at 22:15:31.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Well personally, I'd like to see combining some of the new starting quests with the old backyards. But that's just me.

Member, GSP Dancers

Quote Originally Posted by Farlath View Post
    I had first hand experience with how bad newbie island is... got a friend to try the game out, and i saw him a week later. He had deleted the game off his hard drive and said he would never play it again. When i asked him why, he said that there was nothing explaining things too him.. it took him 2 hours to find brandon thorn, because he had no idea what an npc looked like, he finally figured out how to use flingshot after poking around for a while after he got his guns... there was nothing to tell him what to do, and the current setup lets people meander off and never get caught by an npc that can help explain things to them. Fix newbie island... cause he is playing City of Heros now, and Funcom lost a potential paying customer.
    All my friends (that would / do play MMOs) didn't get off the island before thinking the game was a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    All my friends (that would / do play MMOs) didn't get off the island before thinking the game was a waste of time.
    i had that exact same experience when friend and i started some fr00bs a month ago.

last time i rolled a new char, you at least were spammed by an npc after spawning on the island.

but i was freaking out, cause here i was... no startup equip... thinking... wtf am i suppose to do? sure i know quest NPCs have blue names, but how are beginners suppose to know this? nothing at all was telling me, maybe i should go speak to that guy with the blue name.

....and FC says that they removed the arrival hall cause it was too confusing to new players..

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Had exactly the same problem myself, but i wanted to get of this damn noob island at least.... On the mainland i eventually found some people to explain some things to me.

I also wanted some friends to try the game, but ALL of them never made it past newb island. I told them to wait till i get home from work, so that i could help them, but nobody of'em could hear. All said: "Its a game it can't be that hard, i will find out myself." On the next day, they just said how crappy the game was. Not only that the grafix where a pain in the eye, but that nothing is explained, no directions are given and that there are soo many useless skills/items which help/do nothing.

I dont say they need to change the game it is now, but there seriously needs to be a better explanation about what to do and why. Also there is an urgent need for an optional tutorial explaining usage of the gui.
    Unablässig von Blut getränkt ist die Welt doch nur ein riesiger Altar worauf alles was Leben hat geopfert werden muss; endlos, unablässig...

Dooma

Fc Please Read!

As far as "help" on n00b island... FC whould take a look at the simple game wizard101. My daughters found it (yes free atm) and it talked to you and showed you how to start the game and how actions were done. If FC had a toggled approach as one could toggle this function off after you understand it through the first go round, then it wouldn't be a sore start for us vetrans.
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast