Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone care about PVP imbalances?

You should have labeled youre thread

"Come here if you're a nerf crying moron"

I have an idea that should make you and most that replied in this thread happy. First of all FC deletes EVERY nano spell in the game. Second they only allow EVERYONE to use a BB Gun that does 1-2(3). How's that sound then you couldn't crybaby about nerfing this and that constantly.

You people make me sick. Congrats you have cried so much you have made FC the nerf whores they are today.

Originally posted by Loveyou
    LoL@nerfing CH

If you nerf CH how is the doc going to heal your ass when you are being attacked by several mobs

Not to mention how important CH is with those new mobs, as for the PvP side yeah CH is overpowered dont duel docs period. But don't nerf them cause you can't win in PvP there is a larger mayority that PvM's than PVP's.

I say NERF CH!!, Make the nano cost at least 2x higher, + make the recharge at least 2x longer, then it might, possibly be a balanced nano.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Originally posted by North
    Here is some statistic:

NT vs. Doc in PvP situation:

Players are both around 200 with HE running. And lets say that both have 6000 Nano Pool. I don’t need to include any weapon statistic, as both professions are fairly equal in this space.

NT (with the most damage over time nano)

Izgimmer’s Enveloping Flame by NT:
    1 sec attack (animation)
    4.8 sec recharge
    Min Damage: 2249
    Max Damage: 3074
    Average Damage in PvP: 2661.2 /2 = 1330.75
    Max Damage Per Second in PvP: 530 / 2 = 265.00
    Nano Cost: 532
    Nano Cost per Second: 91.73

CH by doc:
    1 sec attack (animation)
    8 sec recharge
    Modify Target Health in PvP: 10001
    Modify Target Health per Second in PvP: Nano Cost: 1111.2
    Nano Cost: 1400
    Nano Cost per Second: 152.18

Why is it so overpowered?

Damage vs. Heal:

- NTs Max Damage per Second in PvP with nanos is 265.00

- Docs ability to Modify Target’s Health per Second in PvP with nanos is: 1111.20

Nano Cost Efficiency Over the course of 1 minute:

- NTs will be able to do a max of 15900 damage on target in PvP. This costs 5504 amount of nano to accomplish.

- Docs will be able to heal 66672 damage in PvP. This costs 9130.9 amount of nano to accomplish.

Conclusion

In away, by using same amount of nano then a NT (5504) a doc could heal for 40189 points of damage where as an NT can only do 15900 points of damage with nanos.

I don’t think I need to even need to go further explaining why these nanos are not BALANCED in PvP. You can of course lower the NT damage quite a bit by adding init debuff effects to it, which would lower the overall damage even further...albeit did not feel this was important as the numbers speak for themselves.
    You forgot that the docs has this immensly overpowered init debuff, making IEF take about 12 secs to cast... that will give the NT aobut 135/2 dmg pr sec = 67.5 dmg pr sec.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Did not forget about it. It was mentioned in the conclusion part of the post.
    Last edited by North; Sep 24th, 2002 at 17:11:16.
    Gailyn, level 200 NT, Rimor.

Feel free to check my post history (suggestion from Aaronb, since he seems to think that everything I say is wrong (mostly because I do not agree that this game should have only few uber professions, but 12 more or less balanced professions based on their individual strenghts))

I don't care one smidge about balancing the professions in Arena duels. Not even worth wasting brain pulses on.

Things to do in game is much more important to me personally. Guild housing has to be the most important issue in my opinion to stave off the mass exodus going on. The ability for players to make their mark on the world.

Things to do other than monster bashing to advance your character would be most welcome.

Player-run stores.

So many 'static' mission that one character could never complete half of them. Hence they wouldn't seem static.

Somewhere in the list is PvP 'balance' that is defines as when you put two teams of 6 together, every profession has something to provide that is important in defeating another 2 teams of 6 players. Living or dieing is inconsequential as long as some of your 12 people are left standing and all the other 12 people are either dead or have fled. I do put some importance in this aspect of game mechanics. Unfortunately, I think we were better off about 6 months ago than we are now when it comes to this particular type of PvP balance. I wish they would just remove the Arenas from the game. It's my opinion that they've ruined the game more than anything else on the planet.

/me agree Bionitrous

remove arenas !!!!!!!
    they are only here for ganking/title-farming, remove them and give us some nice places to mass pvp
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

I think you guys are kinda unrealisitic about your use of ch "stats". North you used the maximum possible score for ch, turning it into 1111 heal per second. However tho this realies upon 2 facts:-

1/ The doctor in question has 10k+ hp (not exactly a large section of the doc community)

2/ In the event the said doctor does have 10khp he would wait until near dead before he healed.

Don't get me wrong on this subject tho, the relative heal to nuke nano cost/ammount split is highly unfair with the 50% dmg and 100% healing we have today. I would say that Life Giving Elixir would show this, and is a more realistic comparison imo.

MAINS:
    Qwerty On ots most wanted list, considered armed and extremely deadly
    Asp Strikes like a snake...
    Wiinston Short n' fat
    Qwerty2 I'm on RBK1!

TWINKS:
    Sqwerty|WizardX|Wrandle

Qwerty, I would agree with you if it was a nominal difference, but its not.

Over a minute with 5504 a doc will have 24289 HP advantage. This is without NT being ini debuffed. The advantage almost doubles if the NT would be debuffed.

Heals cost 100% and modify target heath by 100% effect.

Nukes cost 100% and modify target health by 50% effect.

I was simply givin statistics about what we have today, nothing about what could or would be. These are actual facts, not arbitory examples. You are most welcome to do a comparison with any other heal, I just used the most effective Doc heal and NT nukes for this example.

humm

Originally posted by North
    Qwerty, I would agree with you if it was a nominal difference, but its not.

Over a minute with 5504 a doc will have 24289 HP advantage. This is without NT being ini debuffed. The advantage almost doubles if the NT would be debuffed.

Heals cost 100% and modify target heath by 100% effect.

Nukes cost 100% and modify target health by 50% effect.

I was simply givin statistics about what we have today, nothing about what could or would be. These are actual facts, not arbitory examples. You are most welcome to do a comparison with any other heal, I just used the most effective Doc heal and NT nukes for this example.
    I really don't see an Nt as a pvp class.

NT's need some major loving .

Littletotem, my point was not to illustrate NTs ability in PvP. I used NTs and Docs to illustrate this point as they both have most effective nanos in each of the categories presented while their weapon skills are pretty similar. This was purely to illustrate a balance with different nano abilities in this game, two opposite nano abilites in this instance were damage vs. heal.

The fact is that heal nanos are far superior to damage nanos and the difference is so great that it should not even be discussed whether it is actually balanced or not, b/c it is not.
    Last edited by North; Sep 24th, 2002 at 21:56:55.

What is the role of the doc?
    What is the role of the trader?

Doc can keep things alive first and foremost.

Traders "trade" their skills and "equiptment" to their team mates to boost their skills.

Would nerfing docs ability to swing a beam or fire an X-3 or an Itacha be the way to go around it? No. Instead, look at the other professions - give those who are combat classes the added boost to damage (and evades?`- or should that be the MA/Fixer trademark entirely?). Docs would stay the same against mobs, but somewhat weaker when shooting at oponents (either can't hit that well, or busy healing).

Traders....Dunno what to think about them really - the majority of them seems to think that wrangles is something used for equipping stuff entirely, not for any use to a team while fighting. Perhaps if their nanos weren't broken, AC worked better, they would have more alternatives to their drains as the rest of us stom 'em away from 'em

As far as fixers and PvP...talk with Shaded, Barbs - guess you'd get a good advice or two on how to play that fixer properly. Or Shty for that matter - he knows what he's talking about....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123