Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trader vs Agent tl7

Trader vs Agent tl7

Hey guys..
    i have been lurking around the forums and makinf threads etc about tl7 PVP profession and after watching some real duels I cant choose between Agent and Trader. Im only looking forward tl7 PVP so i dont care about the lower title levels. No offense to any agents but I recently seena soldier vs agent duel, eventhough soldier outgeared the agent by a little in the second match he killed the agent with the first alpha ridiculously fast. In the first match he killed the agent within 20 seconds and at the last duel agent won for some reason O.O. But It wasnt becouse the agent did some absolutely skillfull thing its becouse the soldier messed up. So I guess im right about that agents have little deffense. Since the only other profession that I like is trader I was wondering if trader would be good for tl7 PVP. Lots of experienced people said that they can be INSANE if the timeing is right and you get off all the drains. So my question is what do you guys [agents] think is betetr for tl7 battlestation and duels [I LOVE dueling]?? Thanks in advance =) [ill copy this in trader forum also ^^]

well agent is good v some profs and trader good v anyone without mr

tbh if u really work on ur character it will be good anyway.
    trader does seem to be overpowered a little nowadays so making one for tl7 pvp might be easier than playing on an agent.

Trader duels are a manner of timing zour stimms, nano kits and nano perks and 2 sec nanodelta to squeeze out a heal in between GTH ticks , and that will decide duels vs "good" traders... and of thoose i havent seen any around the last months.. Thymo is some way... lost, and Patho wasnt online often as well.... havent seen Kathryna around often as well.... rest of those guys is alpha food....

Soljas... well.. i dunno what agent you watched... if you see some duels of the good agents, most soljas can only do one thing... RI.. no more CH.. bye...

I for myself run engi Nullspace and am NR2 geared with 3.2k nanoskills. Without reflects and a huge alpha, it forces soljas to AMS and that results in their death 100%....

Very few soljas manage to alpha 21k+ HP and are abled to time the stun they have.... and even then its not 100% stun , so good chance to survive and counter it...

As Torax said, it really depends on who is dueling and how much work has been put into the toon....

I myself love my Agent and i love dueling... you can beat everyone exept an engi that is skilled, and you can as well loose to everyone if you dont know your toolset.

Masspvp can be annoying, as you have to run often to recover from debuffs.... everyone and their mom can disable CH thoose days...

well that's really hard to say. and if there is an answer at all depends on how fast you level. the current state in tl7 pvp may be totally different in a year. so have that in mind when you level a toon.

agent is imo the most skill and equip depending prof there is. with a badly equipped agent and few experience you'll have a very frustrating time. if you have a well equipped char and some experience, agent begins to shine. theoretically agent CAN kill most profs. but with the agent falling behind more and more there hardly is something like an easy kill. most other profs have some easy kills and some hardly ever to kill profs. and something in between.

traders need one thing more than anything imo(!) and that's evades. traders i can perk drop so fast they don't even land gth. if they do and they even manage to land a bugged one it's the most annoying thing ever - but either way, they're dead. toolwise you don't have that many options. about how well you can do untwinked etc...i don't know. i can only tell you 1.traders without sufficient evades are dead meat and 2.traders can be awesome on bs, but very few are.

Thank you for the answers sofar

Trader has the edge in duels. In group-pvp, I'd say agent is superior to any other class.

I never played a trader beyond level 40, but the amount of active traders around is a small sign of a dying profession. As mentioned earlier by Xootch, pvp is ever changing, and with an agent youll always have more options to adapt than any other profession out there.

This is probably the most interesting and entertaining part of the agent profession.
    Traders are a challenge to master in pvp in my experience, they either die real quick or they become that pain in the ass who always seem to manage to gth you from the other side of BS
    "Footlight" Agent
    "Weasel" Fixer
    "Hound" Shade
    "Universe" Keeper

Thats kindof the thing..I LOVE agents, and I love their style...the agent OFAB armor is the ebst looking imho...But for some reason [dont ask] traders are "calling" me ^_^..I can hear them LOL. I love to be the offensive player and not to let the enemy movie and be always 1 step ahead of him thats why traders apeal to me so much. They HAVE to play ofensively in order to win. Well, that isnt the case all the time but you know what I mean.

my opinion make a 170 agent and a 165 ish trader and play tl5 on both for a while...maybe then u will get a better idea which u are more fond of and the left over one can be a very nice tl5 tower/ bs twink

That would take months O.O

But there is somwthing I was thinking about...In a duel everyone starts out with the biggest alpha they can do. So I heard traders got more deffence than agents but how are they supose to heal up that big starting lpha..PERFECT example is Intake vs Laydne ...In the beggining intake just alphas her down..she would would if she could heal up but traders doesnt have any heals =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLDymoaiXcg

Whats youre opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by momokalex View Post
    But there is somwthing I was thinking about...In a duel everyone starts out with the biggest alpha they can do. So I heard traders got more deffence than agents but how are they supose to heal up that big starting lpha..PERFECT example is Intake vs Laydne ...In the beggining intake just alphas her down..she would would if she could heal up but traders doesnt have any heals =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLDymoaiXcg

Whats youre opinion?
    not everyone just spams every button they can at begining of a duel. Most people can outlive most other proffesions alpha if they have all their defence perks and heals ready. Normally you need to time your perks to kill someone.

and to the op. I see agents as being far more deadly in pvp to most proffesions than trader. Well in mass pvp agent ftw. Trader's dont put up any threat to my keeper, more of a nuisance with their drains than any ability to actually kill me.
    Last edited by Sythoid; Aug 11th, 2008 at 09:18:34. Reason: spelling is awfulll

lol

there is NOTHING wrong in spamming all dmg on a trader at the very beginning. do you really think you can perk a trader drained? unless you have mr or opi sb you must be hexous. for the rest of the answer to that questions...since i don't wanna cite myself just read my post, ty.

ps. and we don't wanna go into how to duel a trader do we?

well since im pretty sure were discussing how traders and agents do in general pvp and not just against each other, i wasnt referring to only trader v agent pvp.

just a general statement in pvp.

the op was askin a general statement about how traders/agents do in duels/BS. not against each other.

ic

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

I understand that we were talking about general PVP but I just brought up this example becouse almos very duel I saw people open with the biggest alpha they can. Agents can get out of the alpha with a timed heal but im not sure about traders since they dont have any good heals..I know a lot of you said that traders are far more superior in duels since you can effectively shut down professions and same in battlestation, but I odnt know how a trader would survive in a duel becouse they HAVE to get the drains up to be even close tomake him/herself a threat to the enemy. And that was my point..I know trader is a "situational" character that involves luck opposed to the agent that is quiet balanced in every situation. So what do you guys think ? thx again in advance

maybe nano mage agent with hp setup and 5k absorb from dreads?
    easy to go nr2 5k absorb great for duels i mainly kill on bs and duels without perks cause my ar is too low anyhow and i do very well

nvm agi sense would be a killer maybe just roll opi or if u work at it trox

The NM Absorb is an absolute lifesaver, the opi blind is the ultimate CC, killer.. MR is the ultimate killer as long as you actually do kill the target.

Soli is just **** in comparison. Tacky hack good for running away perhaps?
    I am the baron.

On Topic...

I'll add my two cents in here since I have both a 220 agent and trader, both of whom I enjoy pvp-ing with. Although admittedly, I've been playing my trader a lot more since the random 'The Shot,' nerf out of frustration (and also leveling/researching/gearing) him I can say that trader and agent pvp are both fun as hell, definately the most fun out of all the professions I've tried. However theyre vastly different. Lately i've finally got my trader decently set-up where I can tell a huge difference from my crappy leveling-equip and I can tell you in mass pvp it's huge difference and fun as hell. The OP-er said he really enjoys BS and duels, although I'm not much into dueling (and most i've done was on my trader when he was lowbie vs higher lvls) I've dabbed into it a little lately. Although my trader lacks 1 perk point for survival, which I think would've won me 3-4 duels I did the other night vs guildmates, Id still say agent takes the advantage in duels for sure. I actually dueled a good agent guildie then as well, and though it was my first time doing so, it was pretty close...like we both had maybe 5%HP, so I wouldnt say there was an advantage there either way but I dont believe hes NR perked, so that mightve mattered. Traders are awesome and all, but so much is left up to chance, if you fumble..dead...someone w/ high nr? Dead. Gth bugs up like it has been 50% of the time this patch? Dead. Agents have more room for flexibility plus the option to go NR1/2 - and if an agent was Nr2 vs my trader f.e. Id be pretty sure id lose, unless I got lucky.

Battlestation is a different story completely. Both are effective in different ways. When I BS, I tend to run with people whether teamed or not (moreso on my trader, dont mind being alone on my agent but a solo trader is far less effective). If I'm teamed, especially with the right profs, the trader is a force to be dealt with. With a Crat, advy,keeper...cant be perked 99% of the time and if I have good team-mates I feel like I'm a difference maker, especially with so many ANNOYING solds running around like locusts....Agent holds his own even in a team as well but it seems like my trader can turn the tide moreso, where my agent can just rackup 3 times as many kills.
    Summary: if you like to annoy the heck outa the other faction, be semi squishy, but be a great difference maker in team play, trader is for you.
    If you like to still help out but be more of a killer type roll, w/ some support heals, agent is more your flavor.
    Hope this helped.
    Last edited by Blackcradle; Aug 12th, 2008 at 07:59:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    lol

there is NOTHING wrong in spamming all dmg on a trader at the very beginning. do you really think you can perk a trader drained? unless you have mr or opi sb you must be hexous. for the rest of the answer to that questions...since i don't wanna cite myself just read my post, ty.
    kinda true vs a trader.... there is 2 scenarios usually:

1: Trader is an idiot and doesnt use his nanoshield ----> huge alpha ----> dead trader

2: Trader GTHs himself and uses nanoshield at start----> huge alpha to lower shield---> live thru GTH with stimms and nanoperk and AS,AS,AS ----> dead trader

all othere scenarios are mixtures of thoose, going this way or the other with open winner often

Thoose are my experiences... all other professions are a no go to use full alpha at start... thoose people trying that usually are those saing agents suck in PvP nowadays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast