Thread: KIWD hunter crossbow problem

KIWD hunter crossbow problem

Whenever the attack bar goes to the end I will get a message saying reload cause im out of ammo. Now as its reloads and goes through its next cycle it will completely miss everytime and not display any messages. When the second cycle comes the bow will fire and complete a sucessful attack. Instead of having a 4s attack I end up getting an 8sec attack during reloads.

Also does this bow use ranged ini. or physic ini.?

this happens with every single weapon that uses ammo... it takes time to reload and it seems like you are missing all the time (animation keeps running). That KIWD crossbow is a ranged weapon (using rifle and bow as req) so it uses ranged init.

The KIWD is a rifle/crossbow hybrid weapon and you need very high range init for this weapon to work well. I would recommend the TIM scope for this - do not use regular vision enhancers or the old LLTS. This 4.xx/2.xx weapon is about damage-over-time and for that to work extremely well, you need massive range init to pull it off.

Also, if you are missing a lot, it could mean that you have too low an attack rating for the QL you are wielding. Try to implant all 3 rifle clusters for this weapon. If the KIWD is your main means of dealing damage, then max Long-Range implants and max High RoF implants are a must. Max Manual Markmanship implants are not really necessary but good if you can.
    Last edited by Inocybe; Sep 24th, 2002 at 10:41:02.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers