Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what do sold able to kill at 220 !

Sorry this wasn't going to be thread about fixers defence and not about how well a fixer can compete against soldiers, I never killed the best ones alone anyway (I think so atleast).
    I was responding to Heartless post first.

Firts of all, I seldom get killed by a Soldier using only a Dshark, on a one on one situation and I don't do duels since I dont find it interesting and my tactics would probably piss alot people off. ;-p

It's As from Kec3 that does the job + regular hits.

I can hotswap 5 things to get more defence against a soldier (the loss of AR against soldiers are not that important), Master bracer, Infused defender, Ring of Summoned Terror, Global def 3 and Cross Dimensional Gyro of Gemini. This would give least than 6% more def in Dodge counting that I have ~4.6k base and atleast Limber runing.
    On top of that an extra 1.7k HP that would alow me to take a few extra regular shots, but it would make my hots heal AS'es worse.
    (I could use Sandy bracer instead of master bracer to avoid the HP gain, Defencive luck ring instead of summoned terror and keep Infused vision preserver in Util3 at all time. I tiny bit less def but no HP gain)

It's just trox soldiers, during MR, that regulary can pull a hefty shunky of HP out off my body with Burst, FA and some regular hits in a row. But that's something I'm prepared at.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    (shimka told me he can kill any sold but exter )
    in a toe to toe duel with evade setup on

soldiers still pewpew enfs in a random encounter on an open field

If a trox soldier is using MR, then you should be able to afk kill him when its down, cuz hes probly a noob.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Soldiers really need love lol ...
    Now you might be able to see what I meant earlier Berlinda, eh ?
    Anyway, 'bout Enfs being able to kill good Solds in duels well, only a very few Enfs can do that, in a full defensive setup, not to mention that Shim has an insane Enf so far heh.

220 Soldiers who have enaugh practise in PvP, who know how to act against every Prof is just a killing machine. Unfortunately only the best ones will be able to alpha good Docs (even outdated Docs, stuff wise) or kill random good Advs or even pawn frigging Shades (debuffs and stuns ftw, even if most of them lack dmg to kill the Soldier once he's outta AMS, especially if he sits whole fight ---> Sellex ) and so on. Inside the BS they're apparently boring as hell (sorry Esq but you should never have broadcast this vid lewl) but, as there're quite alot of gimps there, or simply ppl who put their best offensive gear and lack evades, you will pewpew and kill alot.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Ive pretty much given up on my soldier pvp wise since I played a keeper for awhile.

Getting rooted sucks, having no runspeed to get away from a rooter sucks, and perma stuns suck to everyone

mostly only use him for pvm and random bor pvp (tehe illork)
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Fekal View Post
    Sorry this wasn't going to be thread about fixers defence and not about how well a fixer can compete against soldiers, I never killed the best ones alone anyway (I think so atleast).
    I was responding to Heartless post first.

Firts of all, I seldom get killed by a Soldier using only a Dshark, on a one on one situation and I don't do duels since I dont find it interesting and my tactics would probably piss alot people off. ;-p

It's As from Kec3 that does the job + regular hits.

I can hotswap 5 things to get more defence against a soldier (the loss of AR against soldiers are not that important), Master bracer, Infused defender, Ring of Summoned Terror, Global def 3 and Cross Dimensional Gyro of Gemini. This would give least than 6% more def in Dodge counting that I have ~4.6k base and atleast Limber runing.
    On top of that an extra 1.7k HP that would alow me to take a few extra regular shots, but it would make my hots heal AS'es worse.
    (I could use Sandy bracer instead of master bracer to avoid the HP gain, Defencive luck ring instead of summoned terror and keep Infused vision preserver in Util3 at all time. I tiny bit less def but no HP gain)

It's just trox soldiers, during MR, that regulary can pull a hefty shunky of HP out off my body with Burst, FA and some regular hits in a row. But that's something I'm prepared at.

if i may suggest, maybe thats why you cant kill the best solds, you use too much defense things, try going out all out AR and offensive, for example on the fixer i play id never take off the AS scope for def ud vs a sold, you dont need much as a fixer vs shark, why, lets see, a rooted soldier will not do any dmg to you, maybe its because i have such soldier knowledge that i know how to deal with them on any class i play, but on fixer, soldiers are not a problem at all, at the very least if you cant kill them, they wont ever kill you unless you let them (1v1) root, peace out, some got tacky hack, yes, 15 seconds, then root and its still the same :P

if your fixer does not do enough dmg to kill a soldier in AMS downtime, youll never win, simply because soldiers like mine heal 20k HP just from HD during AMS duration, which is more than my total hp, hence going back full hp during AMS, so yeah go all out dmg, scope in, and mash stuff on downtime or the soldier will never die

also there is some solds that do not have much of an healing setup, theyll survive you on downtime with all their heal perks, then on second downtime theyll be done for

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Soldiers really need love lol ...
    Now you might be able to see what I meant earlier Berlinda, eh ?
    Yes, I still see that MAs and fixers whine constantly, which means they must be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Yes, I still see that MAs and fixers whine constantly, which means they must be awesome.

as funny as it might sound, fixers are fine, MAs are horrible, i play both at 220 in full AI, and you cant even compare how one is useful and full of resources compared to the other :P

Heh, you're so funny Berinda, being so cussed as a ****. :P
    Yes, indeed, MAs and Fixers are the most awesome Professions in AO. They're so powerful that you should try to PvP on each of 'em with an as limited Setup as Dreadloch Modified Shark (usually called Dshark) walkers (y'know the fresh ones that have reached 220 in less than a month 'cause they've been told that Solds were THE Prof to play atm, equipped with random Penultimate parts and QL 220 average Symbs at best) then tell me how it perfoms in mass PvP or whatsoever please. :>

Just tell me if you'll take time to make various Quests for Nanos and such, how good you find 'em, how often it takes ya to get habit to your new tools such as SA Alb's Arrows and SO if you choose MA. ^^
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    am concerned about PVP from what i heard enf can kill sold at 220 ......sold turned to PVM
    .....not to mention that most of the other toons can get ride of us
    FC Turned sold to PVM toon , all toons get improved and sold not getting any improvment latly but some AR.....
    y don't we get more option like all other toons . . .
    y don't we getting real improvment like other toons , all toons getting PVP improvment and we getting PVM one or one that seem to help but really totaly useless......

so if any one have suggesstion go on plz
    If this was an trolling attempt, gratz, was a good one really. Was thinking of making similar thread earlier this year, but you beat me to it =(. Soldiers really are the nerfest prof with no killing abilites in pvp. They practically have every profession as their nemesis, and they havent improved allmost at all since LE came out. You must have good pills to get to this conclusion or then you must run around without any armor and ql 25 implants wielding Styg......."Most of the toons can get rid of us".......lol......best quote of the year. Keep up the good work. I suggest not to roll any other proff though, if one of the best pvp classes makes you feel this "nerfed" allrdy......
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    as funny as it might sound, fixers are fine, MAs are horrible, i play both at 220 in full AI, and you cant even compare how one is useful and full of resources compared to the other :P
    Soliartist made the comment in another thread that the best profs whine the most; through the use of sarcasm, I tried demonstrating that wasn't the case.

From my own experience knowing people who play both profs, fixers are pretty awesome and the current beef is that they can be killed when they couldn't be killed before.

I enjoy having MAs in PvM teams, though I know they have problems in PvM, and in PvP I usually see them get wrecked regardless of what's fighting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Yes, indeed, MAs and Fixers are the most awesome Professions in AO. They're so powerful that you should try to PvP on each of 'em with an as limited Setup as Dreadloch Modified Shark (usually called Dshark) walkers (y'know the fresh ones that have reached 220 in less than a month 'cause they've been told that Solds were THE Prof to play atm, equipped with random Penultimate parts and QL 220 average Symbs at best) then tell me how it perfoms in mass PvP or whatsoever please. :>
    PvP sucks, and I've never had trouble taking down walking dsharks, even on my doc. Perhaps doc's are uniquely suited to facing opponents like that, but it speaks of serious problems with the way walking dsharks are setup if I can kite a 215 shade while healing myself against it and a dshark while dotting them both to death.

Just tell me if you'll take time to make various Quests for Nanos and such, how good you find 'em, how often it takes ya to get habit to your new tools such as SA Alb's Arrows and SO if you choose MA. ^^
    Yeah, I know a lot of the new quest rewards are crap for a lot of profs - I have a 216 advy I don't play anymore because everything aside from the new wolf and Ofab weapons they've gotten since LE release has been pretty much useless.

As for MAs, I can't stand them because I don't like playing a toon that isn't carrying a weapon. Not saying I hate them, they're just not my style.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post

As for MAs, I can't stand them because I don't like playing a toon that isn't carrying a weapon. Not saying I hate them, they're just not my style.

yeah but whats better than having the ability to say *i punched you in the balls and you died* without even lying? now thats a winner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    in a toe to toe duel with evade setup on

soldiers still pewpew enfs in a random encounter on an open field
    random encounter on a open field=me on a engy for nsd to? =p

This reminds me of a certain 'Enfs are the nerfest prof' thread
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123