Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix nano resist!!!!!!

Mercatura: Ever considered that divest/plunder is holding your profession back? If you deny that the divest/plunder is freaking powerfull, then your just not talking sense... Why not come up with number, state what you want and try to be constructive? Calling everyone that disagree with you a liar and whiner IS NOT very constructive...

Originally posted by reality

In the end, though, a good trader will (almost) always beat a good MA.
    I must suck then. I get *spanked* by MAs at my level.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Originally posted by Snublefot
    Mercatura: Ever considered that divest/plunder is holding your profession back? If you deny that the divest/plunder is freaking powerfull, then your just not talking sense... Why not come up with number, state what you want and try to be constructive? Calling everyone that disagree with you a liar and whiner IS NOT very constructive...
    It's powerful when it lands. Many people are learning that nano resist is quite effective now, and in the higher levels, these people have the IP to spend on it. My divests get resisted 40-50% of the time on a cold start by other players. That's divest at 100% NR, not plunder at 190% NR. Just because you don't see yourself resisting it doesn't mean you didn't.

Divest alone isn't enough to win a fight for us. It takes both for us to gain any significant advantage.

As I understand it, traders have problems when it come to PvM. Am I wrong? If traders are made more powerfull in PvM, that WILL have an side effect. They will also be more powerfull in PvP. Due to min damage of Mobs, my guess is that divest/plunder isn't very helpfull in PvM at all.

I've suggested to split divest/plunder lines into three seperate subtrees (6 new lines in total). That would make it so much simpler to balance divest/plunder AND balance it against trader love changes WICH will affect traders against mobs. And with traders more effective against mobs that will reflect back into PvP.

Problem with Nano resist as I see it is that I would have to be lucky EVERY time, you only need to be lucky once...

Originally posted by aaronb

I must suck then. I get *spanked* by MAs at my level.
    Then one or more of the following is true :

1) I am wrong
    2) You're not good
    3) You fight root-breaking exploiting MA's

But I admit my trader is nowhere near your level, and that I could be wrong there. Others have told me that the only real threat to a trader (at high level) is the enforcer. That MA's beat you... does that go for other traders at your level too ?

As I understand it, traders have problems when it come to PvM. Am I wrong? If traders are made more powerfull in PvM, that WILL have an side effect. They will also be more powerfull in PvP. Due to min damage of Mobs, my guess is that divest/plunder isn't very helpfull in PvM at all.
    Well the solution is simple (or seems to be to me anyway). Make divest/plunder effective in PvM. Give them the same effect as NT blinds on mobs or something, a negative AMS modifier. That way you fix PvM for the trader while not affecting PvP.

Arrow This crap gets old

Never called anyone a liar. But those stats are accurate. So you're misinformed or whatever.

BTW, I don't want to nerf mas at all.

No divest or plunder = calms that dont land, wrangles that trash us, heals that suck even worse (not only do they hurt, they dont heal enough) charms that never worked and more crap we can fill our ncu with every 3 mintues instead of doing damage.

"But traders were intended to have 600 attack, heal for 600 team with 800 dot dmg and have a 20% calm land rate with no other nanos worth crap at title 5!" -typical nerfmonger line of thought

I've suggested AMS on the DEBUFF portion plenty of times. FC won't do it, since its a boost for us PvM. (e.g. mob damage will go down) Well, maybe after they make every mob over ql150 immune to trader drains. Plus, it won't appease the whiners.

I'm wonder if you really want the nano to give us no skill bonus and no nano bonus, just an AMS bonus. If so, sounds like a lot all the other "reasonable" whiners. All the "reasonable" whiners love to point at our attack rating and "blah blah blah blah blah". "Of course" traders are overpowered.

I prefer people like Garzu, they're obvious enough for even the dumbest readers. Well almost.

PS, 1v1 pvp, the pastime of the terminally bored title freaks, being used to compare and balance professions is complete bull****. Wake up to this and you can exit the ranks of these whiners.

Traders don't need FC to fix them PvM even though everything is screwed up. They are not currently capable of doing it right. Rerolling every trader would be more kind.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Mercatura: Are you refering to Auno's list of players or do you have another list? Could you enlighent us mere n00bs about where you get your numbers?

Now, if traders need love, give them love. But please, add the ability to break hostile nanos when a fight is over...

Arrow

Try Here.

Auno's list doesn't factor in activity. I would agree with anyone that said this list was not a good sample for the playing playerbase. Its still fun to look at though

~60000 chars that were in any guild at any point. Kinda low eh? Less than half went past 50. Probably worse than that, since a lot of lower level people don't join guilds compared to higher ones. The game is pretty well done with plenty of content at those levels too

(PS, when it says "Only those in guilds are counted." it really means "only those who were in a guild at one point in time".)
    Last edited by Mercatura; Oct 4th, 2002 at 09:03:26.

Yeah, Auno got way to few traders playing

And the "only list those thats been in a guild". Now thats not true. My first and only guild is my present. And for some reason, they got my levels 35 weeks down the line... Also checked on another toon that I knew didn't join a guild before lvl 100, same story.

While I have the chance to tap you for info. How often will a 100% nano land on a 195ish mission mob? From my experience (650ish in attack skill) and using a 120% resist nano, they land about 6 out of 10. Except when I really need them to hit

When you go solo against a yellow - orange mob, what is the standard tactic used?

I've suggested to split divest/plunder lines into three seperate subtrees (6 new lines in total). That would make it so much simpler to balance divest/plunder AND balance it against trader love changes WICH will affect traders against mobs. And with traders more effective against mobs that will reflect back into PvP.

Problem with Nano resist as I see it is that I would have to be lucky EVERY time, you only need to be lucky once...
    Divest and plunder have no real effect on mobs. I don't have any problems in PvM outside of being very very busy. However, lower level traders may have difficulties since the DHP nerf, so I can only speak for my level range.

Yes, you would have to be lucky every time. But each time I fail, I have a 6+ second recharge time while I'm still relatively gimped (yes, we are gimped compared to most other professions until we get divest off). If I don't get divest off on my first cast, chances are very slim that I'll be able to win. Most PvP fights are pretty quick.

Originally posted by reality

Then one or more of the following is true :

1) I am wrong
    2) You're not good
    3) You fight root-breaking exploiting MA's

But I admit my trader is nowhere near your level, and that I could be wrong there. Others have told me that the only real threat to a trader (at high level) is the enforcer. That MA's beat you... does that go for other traders at your level too ?
    Well, I'm certainly not the most skilled PvPer out there, but I don't think I'm horrid. My roots are resisted just as easily as my divests. And in many situations I'm not given enough distance to recast roots. MAs can hit while running. I can't cast while running.

In some testing with an MA in my organization a couple days ago, he pretty much instakilled me with Divest (Advanced) running on him. He's 13-14 levels higher than I am, but there really isn't that much of a difference at this level. When he can do 5k of damage instantly while drained, I don't stand a chance. He didn't even use Shen, which is usually what does me in with MAs.

And yes, enforcers kill me just as quickly. Challenger + FoB = dead trader.

*hands puus a cookie and a +75 evade buff*

;D

Im sure you'd still own me puus
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Arrow

(PS, when it says "Only those in guilds are counted." it really means "only those who were in a guild at one point in time".)
    If a char was in a guild anytime in the last 43 weeks, they are tracked. Now they do have to be in a guild when it scans the weekly update, but most people usually give even crappy guilds at least a few days before giving up.

It hasn't listed guilds at all for last 2 weeks, not sure why. It is still tracking new people though. I added a brand new rolled toon to my guild last week and it is on there. Not tracking first and last names anymore either, it used to. Probably to cut load or something, dunno. You could bug the guy in Apoc who runs it if you want

I would really like to know how they got my levels before I joined my guild... Cause, thats my first and only

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12