Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix nano resist!!!!!!

Fix nano resist!!!!!!

My evade-clsc and dodge-ranged skills are maxed and heavily implanted, but people still hit me!! - WTF!!!?!?!! Plz FUncom, fix evades or nerf weapon/fist damage!!!! I want you to make me invulnerable so I can romp everyone over!!!!! Oh.. - And if you don't, I'm gonna delete all my chars and cancel my account!

/Puus

Edit: added a few exclamation marks!!!!
    Last edited by Shadowstalker; Sep 21st, 2002 at 15:43:40.

Btw.. - With ql200 imps and expertise running, i can cast "Divest Skills (Lesser)" at lvl154. That will debuff you by 183 pts, increasing my attack rating to 934.. Nano recharge is 6.36 s.

/Puus
    Last edited by Shadowstalker; Sep 21st, 2002 at 15:13:32.

lol
    Waithe 133 Enforcer (my new main character)
    Nediar 180 Nano-Technician (boring. semi-retired)
    Uberned 127 Meta-Physicist (retired. pet pathing is "teh sux")

Nediar @ level 171

You are the same person who was asking for better crit scopes and shotguns for traders only.

Great, why don't we let you to balance this game for us.

Originally posted by North
    You are the same person who was asking for better crit scopes and shotguns for traders only.

Great, why don't we let you to balance this game for us.
    Try reading my post.

Ithica sucks ass without a decent scope, which most traders don't have access to. The two shotguns with ok normal damage are slow as hell, and have no specials.

Poor shotgun skill and drains is all we have. Traders start out with a large disadvantage, and without the drains things would be pretty hopeless. I didn't start this character for pvp, but as that's all there is to high-level content (that and masked commandos running around in Tir), I'd hate to see the profession gimped even more..

/Puus

Puus makes me laugh HAHAHAHAHA. Simply because I didnt think it was possible to whine about how useless the trader is when the trader is the single most overpowered profession in the game, in sharp competition with doctors, and MAs as a good number 3.

Traders and doctors needs a HUGE nerf in PvP. MAs are way uber with their crit buff too, and their self only critbuff needs a nerf too. Traders and doctors debuffs needs a big nerf, the debuffs should have a much longer execution time, longer recharge time, higher nano cost and less effective. Should not be possible to stack divest and plunder. The chance of resist on divest should be increased to at least 200% and plunder 300%, docs init debuff should be about 250% chance of resist. Besides the both of them should have their duration greatly decreased, nano shutdown got 20 secs duration, same should be with traders and docs debufffs.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Re: Fix nano resist!!!!!!

Originally posted by Vickie "Puus" Joor
    My evade-clsc and dodge-ranged skills are maxed and heavily implanted, but people still hit me!! - WTF!!!?!?!!
    Are you serious about this post? Can't really tell actually.

I have evade closecombat triple implanted, wearing every evadebonus item in the game (except dragon pants) and dual 2 parrysticks for an extra +200. Slightly over 1300 in the end. Do I evade stuff? Yeah, sometimes. Does a yellow melee mob even hit me on full def? Yuppers, quite a bit actually. Am I complaining?

Dont expect any defensive skill to work unless you go ballistic with it.
    Last edited by DaveDread; Sep 30th, 2002 at 11:30:15.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Hey Puus, don't forget that the debuff your defending with your life really is a insta kill without the kill effect. Thats the relative strength of it.

Originally posted by Garzu-perman
    Puus makes me laugh HAHAHAHAHA. Simply because I didnt think it was possible to whine about how useless the trader is when the trader is the single most overpowered profession in the game, in sharp competition with doctors, and MAs as a good number 3.

Traders and doctors needs a HUGE nerf in PvP. MAs are way uber with their crit buff too, and their self only critbuff needs a nerf too. Traders and doctors debuffs needs a big nerf, the debuffs should have a much longer execution time, longer recharge time, higher nano cost and less effective. Should not be possible to stack divest and plunder. The chance of resist on divest should be increased to at least 200% and plunder 300%, docs init debuff should be about 250% chance of resist. Besides the both of them should have their duration greatly decreased, nano shutdown got 20 secs duration, same should be with traders and docs debufffs.
    This is where you say 'just kidding, I'm not that stupid'

Lightbulb

What you wrote:

What I read:
    Traders and doctors wahwha WAH wah wha whawahwah nerf. Wah wah waha whawha NT needs to be uber wha wha whawahwah NERF wah wahwahwa hwa wah wahwah. Wah wahwah wah wah wah 200% wah whawhahwha wah300%. wah wah wah wah wah wha wha wha wha wah wah wah wah wah wha.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

garzu = stupid
    play a doctor and see if they need a nerf.
    gawd
    you've been beating this dead horse of nerf docs for like a year.
    su already

No Doctors need FC love. They need it badly Please include traders on that love list too Give them some new toys and make them ...

Traders are SOOOO overpowered its not funny.

After 8 seconds of just standing there and watching them cast they kill me!

Just look at reality...

Isn't a population of 5% on the server evidence enough!

Obviously everyone is flocking to be an uber trader!

No one wants to be a weak pathetic MA!

< OK sarcasm off>

The way one really tells if a class is overpowered is to look to see if any specific class has a disproportionate amount of characters on a server. If one is under-represented then its probably a "nerfed" class.

MA's have 15% of the characters on a shard.
    Traders have 5%.

The average should be 10%. So whats that tell you?

And yes PVM and PVP are different and there are other factors, but these only effect the margins.

Nope. Trader PC are not overpowered. Trader NPC's are easy to drop too. Problem is that they are very (to avoid stars ) annoying at times...

So no, I would not ask for Traders profession to be nerfed. Nope I really don't think plunder/divest should be nerfed. Thats not the solution. Maybe raise the nano resist on the 100% one (the one that traders don't mention when telling people with maxed NR to raise it ), but nothing more.

But then again, Traders need FC love Perhaps add a variation of divest and plunder with lower nano resist, but that are split in three to plunder either 1) nano skills 2) melee skills 3) ranged skills.

And about last second debuffing/doting/nuking mobs. Add items/nano lines that enables non fighting PC's to disable hostile nanos. See, you got to be pretty paranoid to scream trader nerf on that one

The resist chance with high NR should be fixed. That is a fact. And I do not need to play a friggin Doc or trader to state this.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Sware, again... Nano Resist works as it should be.

If you increase the effectiveness of Nano Resist, you would see mass exodus of NTs, MPs, Crats, Fixers etc. leaving the game. Why?

B/C most nukes and other debuffs already have a higher resist then traders Divest. Most nukes for example have 105+ resist.

Why should other professions that aren't overpowered also suffer a penalty when only 1-3 professions have nano lines that need some tweaking?

Easy. Make them harder to resist? Just do not nerf something to fix another. That always result into some other crap that pisses some other proffesion.

And hell yes a lvl 140 Trader should easily divest a lvl 100 whoever. But If a lvl 140 Trader comes and deprive and ransacks a lvl200's 1k NR at full def. bum in 5 secs... thats absurd.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Originally posted by PleaseNo!
    Traders are SOOOO overpowered its not funny.
    Isn't a population of 5% on the server evidence enough!

*snip*

MA's have 15% of the characters on a shard.
    Traders have 5%.

The average should be 10%. So whats that tell you?
    Nothing. There are more traders than 5%, many are PvP twinks that don't level and therefore aren't shown in the stats

Besides that, the MA is a LOT easier to play and level than a trader. A MA has but to look at a mob to gain xp where a trader actually needs tactics and learn how things work. Not to mention the fact that you use equipment twice your level, which is hard to get. A MA simply maxes his MA skill.

In the end, though, a good trader will (almost) always beat a good MA.

Arrow Garzu needs a nerf

BTW, Ymera stats are accurate. You can try to poke holes in them all you want, but they won't make a dent.

1) Most people were in a guild at one point (note: currently ymera isn't showing guilds for some reason) on most of their chars that they took past 50 or so. It says "only chars in guilds are counted" but it actually tracks anyone who was ever in a guild in the last 43 weeks.

2) Most people who actually play a particular char give it 1 level a week, and they outnumber the non leveling pvp twinks at least 50 to 1, and I'll give you 10 million credits if you can disprove that in even a lame half-assed attempt. Oh wait a minute, we're supposed to be changing the game soley to appease some non-leveling pvp twinks, right?

3) Hitting 200 means you aren't tracked anymore, but 204/~60000 is nothing. Besides, you're nuts if you think even half of the 200 still play those chars in a meaningful way.

4) If you're only logging in to build implants or sit in a virtual bar and not level for a whole week, who gives a **** whether or not the profession is "overpowered" according to a bunch of whiners.

Try telling the fixer forum the numbers from 14.4 patch to today aren't accurate.

I wish they'd post stats for 100+ chars, I bet its sad.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast