Thread: My thoughts and concerns with the 14.5 patch.

Angry My thoughts and concerns with the 14.5 patch.

Ok, so it's been a few days now, and I've done 1 team mission in that time, the rest of the time has been hunting outdoors and exploring. Ok, so anyways, we had a big group of people yesterday, so we all decide to kill The Pest. Well, after me dying 5 times, and about 2 hours of work, we managed to finally kill him (took about 25 people or so) First thing, the Pest Pus mobs he spawns. There are about a gazillion of them, and they all attacked me at once, each one hit me once, and I promptly died. As an enforcer how am I supposed to "tank" that? I had about 11,000 HP at the time, RRFE running, a 7% bracer on, and couldn't do jack. Regardless, we did kill The Pest for his uber loot of NOTHING. It has been surmised that you maybe need a quest or something to get loot. Umm.. ok, like that was obvious. There's this boss mob with a bunch of lackeys around him in the middle of DAV.. Like alot of other boss mobs that do drop stuff (well, normal boss loot usually) what makes you think that there is supposed to be a quest of some sort to get? Besides that, like I said i've been yalming around EVERYWHERE looking for NPCs, and i've only found 1 "new" one that will talk with me, but i'll talk about that one later.

Ok, so we killed the pest, and were disappointed that he didn't drop loot. But I must say that I did have fun regardless, but it still boggles me why we would need a hidden quest of some-sort (this is again, speculation) to get anything from it.. it certainly wasn't the xp, lol. So there is another mob in DAV, called Polymorphed Lunatic. So we decided to try our luck there. First attempt is laughable, as about 6 of those Frothing Sabertooths aggroed at the same time, so we try picking off a sabertooth as our fixer in GA MK4 tanks them all in full defense with 4 docs healing him. I was hitting the sabertooths for 145 melee damage everytime, the only time I hit more was when I crit for 2.1k. (Im level 194, use a ql 200 support beam, have 1048 attack rating). After a while fixer dies, we all die, and we all come back. 2nd pull was good, just got the Lunatic, after figuring out that his melee AC is that of the sabertooths, we try different weapons, and energy and chemical seem to work the best, and we kill him. He dropped nothing as well. Took us about 20 minutes to kill him. There was about 15 or so of us this time. (I'd like to point out that everyone save for 2 people were above level 190.. we had a 174 adv and a 157 MA.. this goes for both the pest and the lunatic). Again, we had fun, regardless of the loot that wasn't dropped, so we decided to try our luck at another big mob in DAV, Special Agent Lamb.

Pulled the lackys 1 by 1, killed them, had some decent XP for splitting it up between groups (but not for the time it took to kill one, considering how much damage we were laying down). We pulled Lamb, who spawned about 6 midget "pocket lambs" and he proceeded to wipe the floor with us. Again, I had about 11,000 HP at the time, RRFE, 7% bracer, etc. I got hit non-crit for 4.1k of damage. That's 4 hits I can take before dying (which I might be able to survive with 6 docs CHing me over and over.. doubtful though). This was just from Agent Lamb. Now you factor in the midgets attacking me and I died in less than a second. We decided to definatly not go back there, as it was IMPOSSIBLE. (yes, I wrote down impossible. Look at my HP. main tank class in the game, "best" HP in the game, there's no way I could survive that, how is anyone expected to?)

As stated earlier, i've also been yalming around looking for NPCs, new mobs, etc. And i've found one NPC at this time that talks, that's new, and isn't part of the ring quests. This NPCs name is "Otacustes" and I found him in the old Ace camp in SFH. He asked me if I knew someone named "Joe" and if I had any word from Joe, or anything to give him. I replied "no" and he did some shouting for the primus mobs, summoned 2 Primus Outlaws, disappeared, and which I promptly died. That's ok I guess, I just need to find Joe. As an enforcer i've been mostly exploring looking for Ian Warr, who supposedly drops the Blood Bats, which I really really really really want. And from what my detective work has produced, I assume that he spawns at the Ace Camp, in the middle of the big arena there. So Im thinking that this mob Otacustes has something to do with him spawning maybe, so I need to find Joe first. 2 problems though. 1, I can't find anyone named Joe, after 2 days of searching i've found squat. 2, that Otacustes guy i've not seen nor heard from since. I know im not crazy, I took screenshots of it. Everytime I go back to the new Ace Camp to look for Otacustes I get aggroed by the mobs, which proceed to chain-summon me to death, even in my yalm. This is out of hand, the chain summoning is way out of hand, once you get summoned, you might as well /terminate, because they will keep doing so, regardless if your in your yalm or not. Its VERY frustrating to say the least. IMHO, mobs that auto-aggro shouldn't chain summon. Chain summoning is stupid for 2 reasons, you can't pull squat, as the puller your the one that gets pulled, your team can't come and help because the mobs can't be calmed or rooted, there are way too many of them, and they do fast, hard damage, and take forever to kill. And the second reason, it's just super annoying when your flying around trying to explore this new outside world funcom worked months making, and get aggroed by a summoning mob. Basically, flying around and getting aggroed by a summoning mob is insta-death. No escape unless maybe your a fixer with evacs.

So with this, I have a few questions for Funcom. Is there quests for The Pest, and other mobs like it that dont drop jack-squat? Where are the "hints" that there are even a quest of some-sort, what about the unkillable mobs such as Agent Lamb and the General in VW? Why dont you just give them a 1k damage shield if you dont want us to kill them? Can you make it so auto-aggro mobs don't summon? I've never been more frustrated in this game than I have in the past few days when i've been in a chain-summon-loop-o-death. Thanks for reading this super-long post.. 14.5 is just missing a few things, like what i've listed here to make it really, really, fun to be outside doing stuff.

Nice man, I'm gonna start searching for this 'Joe' too. I'll let you know if i find anything and if i see Otacustes. I'd really love those Bats