Thread: Adonis Dam breakthru.. sort of.

Adonis Dam breakthru.. sort of.

A group of RUR engineers were cleaning up one of our research locations for the currently idle Adonis Dam project.

While moving a stack of tents, apparently one of their bots dislodged a large boulder, opening some form of drain. Since this location was under the metawater, a large number of RUR's senior R&D staff was sucked out along with the metawater.

There is no danger in the Adonis region, as the boulder was pulled back into place.

However, RUR is seeking any information leading to the location of the missing engineers. While we are still getting lifesigns from the team's gear, we have been unable to find their exact position. Any assistance would be appreciated, as it appears all our BOD representatives were among those sucked out of the Adonis area, and we need them to attend the next meeting...
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

PLease help us rescue our missing engineers.

We need the data they collected.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

You can try building some prototype that mimic your BOD representatives. No worries if it blows up during meeting, you'll have more time for search and rescue action.

As for missing members...is there any chance they have landed in Ergo's subterain cave network? Where are signs coming from? Rubi-Ka or Shadowlands?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

What do you offer for spending time finding your people? Not that I'm greedy.... ahem... well I am.... anyway... the data must have some value for you...
    Do you see the horizon?
    Immediately above the ground the skies seem to begin...
    and if I were there I'd bet I could reach the sky...
    but here it appears I am too small

Researcher of AO-Universe

I suppose you already tried to trick them back by saying the RUR coffemachine no longer requires any credits ?

Thumbs up We are on the way!!

Argenteum Astrum will send out search teams at 18:00 RKST sunday July 27. Meeting up in the garden of Dalja
    Anyone wanting to help out are welcomed to send a tell to my comunit on that day or earlier, and show up.

We have been searching Penumbra and Inferno, thinking it was the air conditioning system that failed. Knowing they are in Adonis we will concentrate our forces there.
    We suspect that they are without means for communicating, as none of the messages send to them has been replied.

Kind regards
    -Pearlie "Ariensky" Wright

PS. I am not available Saturday, so messages send that day will first be answered Sunday.

Thanks for all the offers of help!

We'll be sure to round up all the RUR employees we can and bring along some cases of RUR cola to pass out to the search teams !

The team's telemetry signals still seem strongest in Adonis, although we have picked up signals in the oddest places, around shadowlands and Rubi-ka.

Someone speculated they're caught up in some 'metawater eddy' somewhere under Adonis, that drains onto RK somewhere, similar to how people who 'fall' off the shadowlands end up back on RK, and our people are just too big to fit out the draining end...
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

**Public announcement**

RUR press conference
    Sunday August 3rd. 20:00h RST ((=20:00h GMT))

A brief press conference will be held on sunday, august the third to adress the problem of the missing RUR engineers.
    There is absolutely no reason to panic. RUR beverages wil be handed out.
    This will in no way effect the value of RUR shares.

((everybody's welcome))
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeod View Post
    There is absolutely no reason to panic. RUR beverages wil be handed out.
    That is a contradiction is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    That is a contradiction is it not?
    No it's not!!
    What are you trying to do?
    Do you WANT us to go bankrupt??

*Takes a sip of RUR-cola*
    Ahhh..
    Much better......

*smiles*
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?

At last!

RUR is happy to announce the return of our engineers. Unfortunately, it was not due to the work of all the wonderful volunteers who gave their time in rescue attempts, but simply by the Reclaim system.

When asked about their experience, the engineers stated "it was dark we moved too damn fast, and why is everything still spinning?"

The engineering team has been taken back to RUR HQ for some rest, relaxation and debriefing.
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

"What do you mean; 'those are not our RUR-engineers' ? I have seen them with my own eyes. I've talked to them. They are our missing RUR-engineers!"

"I'm realy sorry boss, but they are realy andruplicates. We had beta-versions made from RUR employees. They are robots. But don't tell them. they think they are the real bunch themselves.."

"But the BOD-reps told me they wanted to go to the BOD meetings again!"

"We'd better find the real engies then, don't we?"