Thread: FAs Suck

FAs Suck

I mean, *look* at this crap: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=123825&t=ag

Maybe if you had two of them and a 15% scope...but Ithacas are faster and have AS, too. I look back at July '01 and I just think, what kind of crap were people using that made the FA look so good?

maybe the str/sta boost effect?
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

Re: FAs Suck

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    I mean, *look* at this crap: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=123825&t=ag

Maybe if you had two of them and a 15% scope...but Ithacas are faster and have AS, too. I look back at July '01 and I just think, what kind of crap were people using that made the FA look so good?
    1) The damage shown here was severely nerfed. The did much more then that.

2) They had 0 Multi Ranged req, so you could wear 2 without ever spending ip in the skill.

Because of Freedom Arms, we see Pistols with 1600 multi-ranged to dual weild at q200, and q200 Melee usually doesnt break 800. Is this fair? No.

The AG release DB says low QL FAs had a negative average damage, which seems kinda screwed up. Maybe they were bugged.

1) The damage shown here was severely nerfed. The did much more then that.

Nope, thats the original Freedom Arms, with the original damage.

2) They had 0 Multi Ranged req, so you could wear 2 without ever spending ip in the skill.

They had incredibly low multi range reqs, but they were not 0.
    Any profession could use the same QL in each hand even if thier multi was dark blue. The multi req increased 3 per level.

Because of Freedom Arms, we see Pistols with 1600 multi-ranged to dual weild at q200, and q200 Melee usually doesnt break 800.

QL200 Alloy Staff - 1195 multi
    Sol Fire Type C/T - 1285 multi

2 of the most popular multi melee weapons with +1k multi reqs.

Virtually every multi melee weapon has a 800+ multi req.

Arrow ooo FAs /me cracks knuckles

Yeah they added FA 4200s, thats the nerfed damage.

It might be a crap gun now, but its valuable crap.

They also tend to cast a 12% soldier reflect buff randomly during battle or when you equip it. Sometimes on you, sometimes on the mob. I kept real quiet when a team went "How did he get a reflect all of a sudden" on a rather annoying boss mob

200 Defender + 200 old FA wasn't any good with tim scope. Neither was Electronium v3 + FA or Raid pistol + FA, both with LLTS. Blew 3 IP reset points reclaiming Pistol/RE/MR thanks to that shiny piece of crap

I did all that after MA crit nerf though. Raid/FA/LLTS would probably have beaten Raid/Lower ql Raid/LLTS before it.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Miir

Yep... and most multi-ranged guns have a 1400+ MR req.

:/
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Dork

FAs, as I do remember, was very good and it had nothing to do with the facts you can read in some form. Some of you dorks just go to much by the numbers - how about looking at the whole phenomenon for once. FA is the best pistol there has been in the game so far.

I still have a couple of them - and they still are very good - if you haven't had one in your hand you sure wont know about the FA power.

Lamonia

Originally posted by Miir
    QL200 Alloy Staff - 1195 multi
    Sol Fire Type C/T - 1285 multi

That's not the point I was making. The point I was making is that almost all of the choices for Melee have very low multi-reqs, as in 800-1k. There isn't a SINGLE pistol in the game that has reqs beloew 1k at q200. Not a single one.

When Freedom Arms were nerfed, they nerfed ranged weapons and dual weilding as a whole. INever again was there a viable useful offhand weapon such as a Freedom Arm. It's kinda sad.

But if you want a comparison, here is one.

Ranged:
    Electronicum V3: 1563
    Premium Desert Reet: 1115
    Premium OT Boomer+.90AE: 1050 (used to be the only one below 1k but was changed for no apparent reason)
    OT Army Officer Pistol: 1165
    BBI Faithful: 1109
    MTI Grey: 1095 (if it ever makes it into the game)

Melee:
    QL200 Alloy Staff: 1195
    Sol Fire Type C/T: 1285
    Lead Pipe: 778
    Bear Claw: 801
    Sol Fire Type F: 830
    Rider Excecutioner: 832
    Kiddy: 793
    Parry Stick: 777
    Black Pete: 809

The list goes on. Very FEW Melee weapons are above 1k in reqs. However, very FEW pistols are even below 1100 in reqs. How is that fair?
    Last edited by Lucid Flow; Sep 22nd, 2002 at 09:21:56.

Here's a couple more, from SMG land.

Sleekmaster Classic: 1127
    Light Suppressor: 1349
    Russian Good Day: 1431
    BBI Mamba (not even ingame yet): 1453
    Duke Luggers: 1477

And actually, that's it for dual-wieldable pure SMGs (minus the Gamma, and not counting non RE hybrids).
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

SMGs have ridiculous multi reqs.

*boggle*