Thread: [RK2] Freelance: Rome turns 200!

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK2] Freelance: Rome turns 200!

Rome turns 200!
    July 12, 29482 - Marion Vein [Rimor]

IRRK Freelance - ROME - A party will be held on Saturday the 19th of July at 18:00 RST to celebrate the 200th Anniversary of Omni-3, in the Park area of Rome Red. All are welcome to attend.

Gridstream Productions have kindly agreed to be gridcasters for the event. Free food and drink will be available from me as well as other suppliers on site, and it can be assumed that there will be a fair few competitions and chances to win prizes during the event, funded by myself.

If you have not yet become too familiar with either the city itself, or the way in which Omni-Tek operates, there is no better time to find out. It is possible that one or more members of the Omni-Tek Board of Directors will be present, to answer any queries you may have.

Built from the ashes of the tragic loss of Omni-2, Rome has become a greatly successful city, both commercially and socially (Some would argue even more so than Omni-1), and serves as a universally recognized symbol of Omni-Tek.

With the two hundredth anniversary of its construction nearing, it is our duty to celebrate Rome's history, from the unfortunate necessity of its construction, to the great, thriving metropolis that it is now today.

It is important that we all remember how far we have progressed, how we have succeeded, and, most importantly, that out of past defeats we have built this great city, and that the Clans, even now, cling to our dysfunctional buildings in earnest, hoping to match a shadow of our past.

Regardless, it is believed that the event will be an opportunity for all to party, dance, and above all, have fun. Hope to see you there!

Grats Romer's.

Of course, since Vin couldn't pass up a chance to be catty, could she..., is it really the clans clinging to your dysfunctional past, or is it more like we built anew, from upon the ashes of Omni dysfunction?

Point of view colours everything, doesn't it?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Of course, since Vin couldn't pass up a chance to be catty, could she...
    Thats Vin for you, congratulations to Rome

(( "Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka" journalism requires an unbiast point of view.))

((Yes, apparently after October FJRK and OTPC were assimilated by IRRK on Rimor. The neuts are winning the war?))

Hmm, Omni celebrating a birthday party for one of the citys?...wouldn't it be such a shame if it went the way of Omni-2 during its birthday bash or even possibly get, ohh I dunno...over run by lots of neuts who are still rather upset over the illegal occupation of Borealis...but then again, nothing like that would ever occur on peaceful Rubi-ka would it
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Some not too subtle seeds there. Can a bunch of high level Clan, kill the guards to join the party?

I think it would be far more interesting if the Neutral and Clan were there just to have a good time.

Mr. Prabel, you really should hop along. I have ordered for this special occasion a fine new pair of boots, this time not just a C but the whole name.
    The Red Brotherhood

i say bomb it, right now, no questions asked, just bombing
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    i say bomb it, right now, no questions asked, just bombing
    Fireworks? Sounds like fun.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Biiiig ba-da-boom...

Eyowen ~ 220/23 Martial Artist ~ Should Reroll Shade
    Pheyde ~ 214/16 Trader ~ Tradeskilling Tool
    Panini ~ 220/24 Doctor ~ Doesn't PvP

~ Proud President of NinjaKittens ~

((OCC: Why couldn't it have been in GMT?

Someone tell me in hours from this post please. I did try internet conversion.))

RST= Rubi-ka Standard Time = GMT

18:00 RST = 18:00 GMT, or 6pm gmt...
    Dr. Alexsey Tereskov, Major, Medical Services
    Omni-Tek Armed Forces, Urban Division

OT-AF Urban Division

((Thanks, thought it was a typo so was trying to work EST to GMT, will try and remember to be there.))

18:00 RST is 2pm EDT.

+18:00 - [Base time over 12 = PM]
    -12:00 - [Conversion to a 12 hour clock]
    --------
    +06:00 - [Converted Base]
    -04:00 - [Subtract difference between EDT and GMT]
    --------
    +02:00 - [Event Time]
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek