Thread: Quests

Quests

I was really looking forward to this patch. New quests!
    Finally something other to do than mindless BS-missions over and over again. (I really respect those that reach title lvl 5+6 for their endurance cause I'm already bored to death)

Nice change to have a quest you can do in your own pace - get a nice item and some xp (nothing uber).

Profession quests - that was interessting I thought when I first heard about them. Something unique for every profession.

Then to my horror I found out that every profession quest you have to camp an uber mob. Yeay camping Thats enough to make me run away

Only other quest that seems to be there is the Commander Brock quest. A quest all can do. Oh but I forgot - only clan can wear the item...so I guess no quest for me :/ here either or any neutrals for that matter.

Quests in my oppinion are something you can do solo. Of course it doesn't mean that there shouldn't be quests for teams. But I was just wondering what happened to the quests for lowbees and the ones who like to solo? Rewards don't have to be uber but something usefull or something for your appartment.

We need more quests - for all lvs and all professions and factions. It makes the game more fun and especially more varied. They could be used to draw people to pvp zones or make them go explore Rubika.

Of course they should be available for all not just campers. I would rather spend two hours running around Rubika in order to talk to/aquire something/repair something/kill something in different places to complete a quest than sit on my butt camping - getting bored and wonder why I ever left AC in the first place.

Bump!

I couldn't agree more! I too am sick and tired of BS missions. Like you, I was also looking forward very much to some new activities outdoors.. profession specific quests and such like. Camping Legchopper and having to get all your lvl 180 friends to help is just STUPID.

Funcom had a great chance to put things right - to tackle the Mission-Mission-Mission-Mission-Mission trauma. But imho they missed it What a complete disappointment!

You know what gets me most though? The technology's all there - everything needed to get people out of missions - NPCs with little story lines to figure out, xp and tokens, and items OUT OF DOORS! To my mind, the problem is the way they've set it up:

People want to do outdoor quests BECAUSE THEY'RE SICK OF MISSIONS, not just to get some uber loot item that you have to camp for hours.

ok - those are important to some people too, but not all. And certainly not all the time, either!

I never thought I'd say this, but for the first time I'm losing faith with the future of this game. This should and could have been a great patch. IMHO Funcom have completely misunderstood players' needs. If they can't get in-tune with the players, and fast, then this game is doomed.

Please Funcom, listen to the player base before its too late.

Personnaly the only thing i am not agree with this patch, is the fact that all the specific profession quest end by killing legshopper or tarasque

So enormous camping, so i will not do them.
    And the spawn of these boss are too long like 8h or something like that.

That's all

Bump for more solo quests for all lvls

Tired of running same misions over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over !!!!!!!!!!1

So you dont have to do the quests. Dont. If you dont want to kill legchopper. There are no quests tied to Tarasque either.

Secondly. FC has stated, that they fully intend for the solo player to miss out on certain aspects of the game, so this shouldnt surprise you. They WANT us to team up. They 100% intend you to find people to team up with.

Third, Legchopper isnt hard at all now to get. They lowerd his regen rate, and he has like 6-8 lackeys that also spawn. thus making sure there are plenty of legchoppers to go around.

fourth. The only time they listen to the player base is when they cry nerf.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me