Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst ganking experience ever.

Worst ganking experience ever.

Post your worst ganking experience ever, I'm gonna try to gank some later... we'll see how it goes, since me not being a notorious ganker, it will probably end up hilarious.
    Like me draining myself 5 times and then rooting/stealing my own nano. but hey its the name of the game.

hmmm being ganked by your own side 6 times (4 of them by the same person) hehe they both got a warning from their guilds though

Today

My worst ganking experiece would have to have been today at the Tir arena. I had been pvping all day.. asking for fights not ganking. Of course most of my victims either ran or /terminate. So I was all set to fight a soldier a few levels below me because NO ONE else was around. It appers word got out I was at the Tir arena and just as I began my duel I was spammed:

Attacked by BLAHBLAH

Of course they had JUST showed up so I wasnt aware of them. Within 2 second I was at 25% hp when I mamaged to throw a mass-snare and escaped into a backyard

It sucked

mmm worst time... when you ganked me Jho :P
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Centurion3
    mmm worst time... when you ganked me Jho :P
    but I lost! so that doestn count... only for me... hehe...

Unhappy

Ah but stabbed in the back by an friend, will be an wound that never heal
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

i love silkeX it s the best for the moment

after a fight where i was init debuffed and at 1/2hp shot my back and died in a few shots of my owns
    he tried it again 10 min later with the same result

Gank me again plz silk ;p

Ganked by Uberfixx at 2ho with the cheap-*ss casting-while-falling tactic before that was made impossible. Lame-and-a-half that junk was.

Originally posted by Whatsamatta
    Ganked by Uberfixx at 2ho with the cheap-*ss casting-while-falling tactic before that was made impossible. Lame-and-a-half that junk was.
    Exactly how can you be ganked in 2HO?

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Exactly how can you be ganked in 2HO?
    Sigh. I've seen the threads from people here who have said that there is no such thing as ganking in a 25% zone. I have to say I do not fully agree, nor have several people I have spoken with who just want to be able to get to a mission during that level range when it becomes really hard to pull missions in anything other than 25% zones (or at least used to be; I'm not pulling missions in that level range anymore so I don't know if it is still the case, or maybe it was never the case, I should have just been using different mission terminals ... same difference; I felt I had little choice but to go to that zone at that time).

Here's the behavior: attacking someone who has absolutely ZERO chance of being able to do anything at all before they are dead. They pose NO THREAT AT ALL to you at any point during your attack; they won't be able to (Hmm, kind of like office workers in a certain pair of skyscrapers...) They apparently have no interest at all in PvP. Like Bhaaz described it, "Ganking is doing anything that isn't perceived as fair."

The exact scenario was me and three teammates, none of us above level 90 for sure, exited into 2ho in our Yalms and proceeded to regroup to head to our mission (this was before team missions, and without coordinates, so people could not head directly there). One teammate was killed and we had no idea how or why, so I flew a bit further away from 2ho and was at a very high altitude, well out of range of any possible attacks from the ground. Uberfixx then flew up beside me, deplaned, rooted me while falling, and then killed me quickly, in less time than I could have taken my plane off if I'd even had any cognizance of what the heck was going on. The same tactic that had been used on my teammate. Both of us freakin' nanogimps, and me an MP without any pets. OOooh yeah, I was there spoilin' for a fight, mmmmm.

Maybe you wouldn't call it ganking, and I would certainly consider using whatever word you want to use to describe that kind of cheesy, lame, griefing tactic that Funcom also found enough problems with to disable nanoprogram execution while falling. What word would you like me to use?

In any event, it certainly was my worst PvP death experience.

But then again we are in a war and we cant be nice (well i for one will be nice to some i know hehehe) to the enemies who might carry Secret info over the lines. Actully anything on the other side of a faction should be considered a threat in a war zone....

sorry.. Cant see this as ganking really... You take a risk for piking a mission in a 2h0 zone.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

"Uberfixx then flew up beside me, deplaned, rooted me while falling, and then killed me quickly, in less time than I could have taken my plane off if I'd even had any cognizance of what the heck was going on. The same tactic that had been used on my teammate."

Hell, thats mean. At least you know it cant happen again.

My worst was in mort. After killing a good few borg a team of us (90-110) were toasted by a 160 nt using volcanic eruption quicker than u can say "I smell burning..."

But as Ive said before, was a risk i was willing to take.

Now im in a position to go do the same-but i havent -yet:P

Love Riz

Ok, here is the deal.. A person up to 145-150 is grey to me when I tab them. Certain professions at this level can very well be a threat to me alone, as will a group of them.

If I'm in a 25% zone, on my toes, anything that I can tab and attack will be attacked. I really don't have time to hit T to see who and what you are.

Some times I might realize that someone is far too low to be a threat to me before I kill them, and theese times I might show some mercy and let them fly to their mission or whatever they are about to do.

But when I do this, more often than not, they end up talking smack because I attacked them in the first place, or how I "couldn't kill them", so in the end I just go kill them anyway. Other times they will not go away, but will continue to fly/run around the area for minutes. Once I feel I have given them enough time to get out of there, if they still are in range I will kill them.

Zone into 2ho
    laggy
    7 secs left, i can still get out ^_^
    doh lag i don't
    *screen goes red with "you were attacked by ..."*
    hello my good friend mr reclaim

Ganking is probably the most fun thing AO!

I remember just recently....

I was a lone Omni agent in MMD. Standing upon some rubble I watched 4 clanners plan my death near the save terminal. The four rushed me within a few minutes and I nearly killed the higher level fixer with TC. She ran off out of view and I took on the rest. One I killed straight in the face, started messing with another and somehow she was being attacked by a guard. She died swimming off into the lake. Then that damned fixer came back with full HP and an MA which I had just killed a few minutes before got revenge on me, boxing style, while I stood a helpless wreck. My friends, I died with a smile

Another great experience happened in the Tir arena with this same agent. I was teamed with a level 75, and I entered the arena and cast an AOE snare. Autoattacked by a level 200 and others, by some strange stroke of luck I made it ten feet before being critted into the dust.

The only bad experience I can remember clearly was just being jumped by a level 170ish atrox NT in the Ent arena. I was a level 78 NT, helping to kill a sub-75 clanner. The 170ish NT was omni, too! Oh well, things like this add some more flavor to the game =D

Oh that post right before mine reminded me of this.

Anybody who has been around since before the newer 50% PVP damage and 15-second grace period rules would know of the.. the.. 2ho GRID!

What a scary thing it was. Whether you lived or died depended on your PC speed, for your enemies could hit you well before you yourself zoned in. For a brave 40 NT with less than 1k HP, it was a big risk. Basically you'd hit the grid node and zone to the reclaim with a "Veev hit you for 1300 points of AimedShot damage" notice in deep red. Veev is my god, by the way. I almost killed him once while he was recovering from a fight in the Tir arena, but he escaped!

Also, having your PC lag a little and you enter a 25% or 0% area by mistake could mean your death. A carefully watching player would be hiding on a roof... watching.. spamming a root nano until you hit the line by mistake and BAM you're in the fight. An aimed shot or large nuke later and death comes swiftly. Oh the joys of 12.x!

PvP is less chaotic and more balanced now, but those old days had their fun.

hmm stexer i was a twink in those days too.

veev/bruise/playahata/heydude/zeth... the list goes on.

i was pretty good around lvl 40 almost had novice. then gave up after getting owned in 2ho by playahata who wore battlesuits over his armour and had a q 190 gun on at lvl 36.

getting ganked? hmm i got ganked alot but it sucked when fopus who i thoguht was my bud ganked me in mmd while i was fooling around with some freinds (temporarily clan at the time)

Yes Playahata was a menace! I killed him once though on my NT, using a couple soldiers as meatshields.

Remember when MMD used to have people? It was always a party. A death party but a party!

yeah.. heh mmd was great. i remember some ma and fixer twinks hiding in the building in MMD.. and that MP. for get his name who would step into 25% for .5 seconds to sends his pets, step back in 75% and no one could attack him.

i remember owning ****erack even tho she was an uber agent.

i remember bruise owning zeth over and over... i legitamatly killed bruise once on my own, alphaed him to death instantly : )

now im lvl 200 and i cannot make a twink to compete it is impossible, i miss being a uber low lvl twink darnit!

edit: oh and i used to be able to kill playahata alll the time before he started really exploiting. even with his q 190 gun, i could burst flign FA (100% dmg) mostly before he could get 3 shots off.

but then one day i started doing 90 poitn alphas and nova hitting himfor 1 point. suppose he got banned and i got the last laugh tho.

No, Playahata was on recently. Might have sold or something, but he says he's back. And he was... met him in MMD.

And I know ****erack! Been in his guild for a year. He sort of quit with his main a few months ago but it feels like he's been here forever...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast