Thread: A Report (Kenneth Age's Condition)

A Report (Kenneth Age's Condition)

Ladies and gentlemen of the Council, this report is a summary of Kenneth "Nulion" Age's condition.

About four months ago, my files on Mr. Age were stolen and submitted to Omni Med. At that point they were quite interested in his condition, so he was brought in under their care. With their research and resources they were able to develop a treatment that was able to almost completely reverse damage done to Age's body.

Omni Med then released Age, giving him a reform drug that convinced him to come back to their facility for treatment. That in fact did not happen, due to intervention on the behalf of his friends. Even with the treatment, it is likely that the outcome would have remained the same; Nulion's cellular makeup was "damaged" by its return to a typical human appearance, which provoked a reptilian regeneration response still embedded in his genetic code. This is the same mechanism that allows reptiles to regenerate lost limbs, only spread out over the entirety of his body, including upper and lower brain functions and brain chemistry.

After a few weeks I came up with a formula to slow the progression down. Unfortunately I was unable to administer the drug. With the forced degradation of his mental and physical state, the panic of seeing a needle caused Age to snap and run away. Being on his own, and away from the treatment necessary to halt the regeneration process, his condition grew worse to the point where mentally he was not himself anymore.

After about a week, he returned to Newland City. By this point he had bitten three females, myself included. Being a danger to himself and others, action was taken immediately and he was quarantined in a Newland Prison cell. Now I know this sounds cruel, but it was the only option we had at that time. Of course, the warden of the prison allowed us to make some adjustments to the cell to make it more livable for Age.

Age stayed in the cell for about a month. Then, I released him when I felt he was capable of living on his own. Nulion had to re-learn everything, from how to talk, walk, eat, bathe, relate to other people, and so on. And he did so successfully.

That brings us to this past weekend where what was an accident ended up being just what Age needed; a crack over the head. A neutral girl by the name of "Royoko", Age's 'niece', was showing him her new martial arts moves. She slipped and cracked him over the head with her stick. The impact stirred Nulion out of his amnesia-like state, apparently re-awakening his higher brain functions along with his normal self.

Nulion's mental state has now mostly returned, although artifacts from his former state remain, resulting from a change in his brain chemistry. Physically, however, there is still extensive damage. Some is permanent due to the regeneration response, and some can be altered. Of course, this is all up to his decision.

That is all I have to report on. If you all wish to contact me for more information, my call sign is "Kealy". You may contact me at any time.

Thank you,

Dr Alannah Burke

Omni-Medical Department
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

... And i thought my issues with hackers were an adventure.

((Hehe, a lot has happened since you've been gone, Hyp ))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu