Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director – June 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    0_o Sounds fraudulent. I'd E-mail billing.
    Its not fraudulent, I double checked all the links etc, just doesn't work the way I expected it to.. I was expecting.. click the link, log into account site, click the 'anniversary link' and get 30 days to be impressed... not as I got.. "click here to enter billing information and subscription info", then get taken to payments..

just doesn't seem in the spirit of things

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Thank you for update info, Sil. Lots to look forward to, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Just make contest for europeans and other people who can't get in current one with as prices:
    1. Life time AO account with all expansions and pre-order gifts
    2. and 3. 30-day playtime and free pre-order gifts.

Just fair for us outside corporate controlled capitalism driven area... And it is almost free for FC too...

Also Global means GLOBAL, meaning the whole big round thingy not just small plot of land at it...
    Good idea.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    Its not fraudulent, I double checked all the links etc, just doesn't work the way I expected it to.. I was expecting.. click the link, log into account site, click the 'anniversary link' and get 30 days to be impressed... not as I got.. "click here to enter billing information and subscription info", then get taken to payments..

just doesn't seem in the spirit of things
    Um.. you don't have to pay for the 30 days, but you do need to enter payment info.

I did this on my old 2003 account just earlier. My account was frozen and I hit the free 30 day deal. It asked for a payment choice since when I stop playing AO I make sure to clear payment details just in case anything happens (one month I forgot to and got billed...). Enter your CC. It WILL NOT BILL YOU. I repeat, WILL NOT BILL YOU. It will re-open your account with the free 30 days. Then remove payment info immediately if you do not want to get billed 30 days from now.

Note: I did not have any previous failed transactions. If you do, that may be a different situation, but I'm not sure. If you do not, then you should have nothing to fear. And if you do get billed, you could probably then have good reason to whine at FC or deny charges to your bank
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Quote Originally Posted by Falkvinge View Post
    Makes sense, but.. not everything lies in the hands of a sponsor ( Like the AO Lifetime Membership.. )
    Big bump for that
    Did you guys ask a certain american president for the definition of "global" before starting this "Non-global, global sweepstakes"
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Thumbs up

Nice letter, thanks for all Sil & the following team

But as "Thethe" said on first page, we'd like to see graphic update effort (and actual overall bug fixes? ) before releasing new content, but it must be a really huge job, so it's understandable.
    ________

Liberty is open to new recruits, active, social & mature Clanners of all levels, with or without expansions! Check the thread or our forum!

Lethanic, 200/0 Trader
    Anlryu, 220/19 Fixer
    And more...

Isnt there rules about false advertising...... GLOBLE comp should mean anyone in the world should be able to enter. Please change the name of the comp to.... "We dont realy care about the rest of our player base so only the yanks can enter our comp"

Or atleast to american sweepstakes.
    Alamica 220/22 MA *account closed*
    Alahealya 220/19 Doc *wtb name change*

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    I give this poster a special /fail badge, wear it proudly!

Quote Originally Posted by Alamica View Post
    Isnt there rules about false advertising...... GLOBLE comp should mean anyone in the world should be able to enter.
    The name is Anarchy Online Global Supremacy Sweepstakes.

The description, from the Sweepstakes page, is: The power that engulf us all take us into the heat of battle on Rubi-Ka. Beyond the simple and meek comes a brave warrior that will defeat all others in a quest for Global Supremacy. From Notum Wars, to Shadowlands and Alien Invasion—you have fought bravely. Now is the time for those of greater valor, now is the time for the mightiest of all in battle to take home the ultimate prize... now is... YOUR TIME!.

As far as I can see:

- The word "Global" doesn't stand alone. It goes along with the word "Supremacy".

- The phrase relates to the game, and is not meant as a description of who can enter the Sweepstakes.
    Last edited by tiralee; Jun 28th, 2008 at 18:40:03.

Party Planner Bugged??

I spoke with the Party Planner in Newland City ...

She gave me a mission and rewarded me instantly without me doing anything. She gave me xp according to the text, and this part seems to work.

She also gave me this item reward that I could only see in inventory after zoning ...

NoName
    Insurance cost: 0 credits
    Charges: 1 (Splitable)

I assume this is a bug ...

Please fix

Colrain

edit: My toon that first tried was a neutral toon in Newland City on Rimor dimension. Have tried with a few other toons including a clan and an omni toon as well as visiting Party Planner in Borealis ... all with the same result

edit #2: I petitioned this problem ... Vista is apparently the issue ...
    Anyways I went thru all the suggestions the GM/ARK gave me and none of them worked. Logged one toon with a friend's XP machine and it works fine, I click on present and get the 4 items ... log back on my Vista machine and now I have 4 Blue cubes. Please fix this!!
    Last edited by Colrain; Jun 28th, 2008 at 22:49:17. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffixx View Post
    Um.. you don't have to pay for the 30 days, but you do need to enter payment info.

I did this on my old 2003 account just earlier. My account was frozen and I hit the free 30 day deal. It asked for a payment choice since when I stop playing AO I make sure to clear payment details just in case anything happens (one month I forgot to and got billed...). Enter your CC. It WILL NOT BILL YOU. I repeat, WILL NOT BILL YOU. It will re-open your account with the free 30 days. Then remove payment info immediately if you do not want to get billed 30 days from now.

Note: I did not have any previous failed transactions. If you do, that may be a different situation, but I'm not sure. If you do not, then you should have nothing to fear. And if you do get billed, you could probably then have good reason to whine at FC or deny charges to your bank
    Does this count for a buddy opening a totally new account with the 30days free play key? Because when you go to create account with it, you actually have to pay 7(insert currency of choice) for 7days expansion play and THEN you get 30days on top for a total of 37.

I've told people not to put their CC details in yet until someone can answer if this actually how it's meant to be? $7 for 37 days instead of nada for 30?
    This is my disillusioned, cynical and lazy Engi rights activist account.
    Quitter092 Placard holder
    Ophiuchus 220/30/70
    Bombqueen 75 frewb
    Lots of random non engis.

Until pets behave reliably, their stats are irrelevant.

Sil, I have a question about the 18.0 graphics update....

Will the new engine allow you to remove the artificial boundaries between some zones, so that in some areas we don't have to fly around those invisible walls and travel across 2 different zones to get to the one we want?

e.g fly from Belial Forest > Eastern Foul Plains, instead of going BF > SAV > Stret EB > MW > EFP
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Yes I find the invisible boundry issue (false walls between zones) very frustrting. I can see the other side, just can't get there Now rock formation outcroppings I can understand.

Also Global means GLOBAL, meaning the whole big round thingy not just small plot of land at it...
    Related to the game itself... unless the local EARTH GOVTs start working together... we may never see any truely "global" efforts of anykind... EVER. Imagine trying to make a contest that followed every nations laws...
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Well anyhow, have a good party Silirrion, the rest of FC and the brillient ARK's. Know what you mean about the changes over the years...some better than others but it still holds a unique feeling like no where else.

Ahh, the good ol' days. The fun of having fifty odd people trapped in a backyard in the later parts of beta. And on release when zoning would take 45mins, and everyone ran around with a pair of 3927a's as they were by far the best weapons The hugely sad disaster of 12.6
    Heck even the day when the zoning goofed up so badly from a mission someone *looks innocent* ended up on Parnassus (sp?)...scared the pants off the first ARK who noticed me as I wondered around lost hehe.

But such good times, the peace meetings, being assasinated at by Dusters while missioning, poked prodded and harrassed by Pol on so many occassions I can't count hehe. The ARKs make the game come alive and takes it from that same old gankfest it would be otherwise.

Even if we are outside the original storyline by a huge margin now, keep up the good work and heres to the next seven years.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach View Post
    Well anyhow, have a good party Silirrion, the rest of FC and the brillient ARK's. Know what you mean about the changes over the years...some better than others but it still holds a unique feeling like no where else.

Ahh, the good ol' days. The fun of having fifty odd people trapped in a backyard in the later parts of beta. And on release when zoning would take 45mins, and everyone ran around with a pair of 3927a's as they were by far the best weapons The hugely sad disaster of 12.6
    Heck even the day when the zoning goofed up so badly from a mission someone *looks innocent* ended up on Parnassus (sp?)...scared the pants off the first ARK who noticed me as I wondered around lost hehe.

But such good times, the peace meetings, being assasinated at by Dusters while missioning, poked prodded and harrassed by Pol on so many occassions I can't count hehe. The ARKs make the game come alive and takes it from that same old gankfest it would be otherwise.

Even if we are outside the original storyline by a huge margin now, keep up the good work and heres to the next seven years.

*sigh* Memories
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    Sil, I have a question about the 18.0 graphics update....

Will the new engine allow you to remove the artificial boundaries between some zones, so that in some areas we don't have to fly around those invisible walls and travel across 2 different zones to get to the one we want?

e.g fly from Belial Forest > Eastern Foul Plains, instead of going BF > SAV > Stret EB > MW > EFP

Most likely it will not. Once again... this is an engine update. The ENGINE doesn't effect anything with gameplay aside from the client'a speed and performance. Removing boundries and false zone borders have nothing to do with client speed or performance.
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by ruken View Post
    Most likely it will not. Once again... this is an engine update. The ENGINE doesn't effect anything with gameplay aside from the client'a speed and performance. Removing boundries and false zone borders have nothing to do with client speed or performance.
    I want to agree with you on this... but I am hoping that some of the zone boundries were technically not feasible and this new engine will fix that.... unless the invisible barrier (I want that nano) was intentional... (look at some of the zone oddities: place shift from east vs west bank; newland vs. newland desert)
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Just make contest for europeans and other people who can't get in current one with as prices:
    1. Life time AO account with all expansions and pre-order gifts
    2. and 3. 30-day playtime and free pre-order gifts.

Just fair for us outside corporate controlled capitalism driven area... And it is almost free for FC too...

Yes! I am frustrated, perkele! Insult to injury is adding this while also having same dollar and euro rates on subscription. Add some in-game concerts and some contests for everyone except the citizens of the 50 states and Canada excluding those in Quebec, oh but for all the under 13 year olds too.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoc View Post
    Yes I find the invisible boundry issue (false walls between zones) very frustrting. I can see the other side, just can't get there Now rock formation outcroppings I can understand.

Related to the game itself... unless the local EARTH GOVTs start working together... we may never see any truely "global" efforts of anykind... EVER. Imagine trying to make a contest that followed every nations laws...
    Hmm, doesn't make sense in game either, area in game is actualy very limited, as you may think from newest DB quest...

Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoc View Post
    I want to agree with you on this... but I am hoping that some of the zone boundries were technically not feasible and this new engine will fix that.... unless the invisible barrier (I want that nano) was intentional... (look at some of the zone oddities: place shift from east vs west bank; newland vs. newland desert)
    And there are arbitrary boarders also. Clon**** is a perfect example. If you bypass the Red Wall there is a another 50% of that playfield that exists but they chose to make off limits for whatever reason.

I'd like to see full playfields opened up, and the combination of smaller playfield (Newland with Newland Desert or even adding in Newland City) would be very nice.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    edit #2: I petitioned this problem ... Vista is apparently the issue ...
    Anyways I went thru all the suggestions the GM/ARK gave me and none of them worked. Logged one toon with a friend's XP machine and it works fine, I click on present and get the 4 items ... log back on my Vista machine and now I have 4 Blue cubes. Please fix this!!
    Vista (alone) can not be the cause of your bug. I have Vista and I got a birthday present from the NPC at Tir Fair Trade and the items spawned nicely into my inventory.
    /born Porter was born on Thu Jun 28 09:19:52 2001.
    I'm a Porter, Porters don't PVP.
    First Light

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast