Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director – June 2008

please dont instance pande , it is fine like it is

As someone already stated I'm not entirely sure AO has the numbers right now to support instanced APF/Pande on a regular basis. I could be wrong though.

SILIRION!

More details on engine please. All you've done was make us more depressed.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Koizumi sure called it.

Bad move on the 17.10 man. You just crushed my spirit.

BRB. I'm going to go KILL some small fuzzy mammals.

We've all been speculating for months that 18.0 is just around the corner, and you've gone and slapped us with a 3 month delay in PR language. I spend all day and all night confident that Sil is going to save the day and all the cynicism regarding Funcom's track record is all in the past (Cause FC's been totally rocking the 17.x series) but now, yeah, spirit crushed, and mammals are totally about to be killed and eaten.

That's on you.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Jun 27th, 2008 at 14:33:37.

Well i get 17.10 its not a huge update but something they really want to get in and tested before 18.0

The other option would have been to call it 17.9.5 and IMO that would have sucked even more :P
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Do people just assume that when a version number increments from x.9 it must go to x+1.0 because then they are horribly misguided about the software industry.

major.minor[.build[.revision]]

That is the standard.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

bump for instanced Pande/apf

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    So, basically, if the thing is 1500 PPs then anyone who's been paying for AO for a long time will get it for free, and new subscribers will pay like $20.

Hey, I'm happy. Not so much for the froobs thinking of signing up, though.
    Paid points are not vet points.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    Paid points are not vet points.
    Err you know that you get 50 Paid points per month for free if you're a subscriber, yes ?...
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

Instancing of raid encounters:
    I am divided on this. This is definitely the right direction to go, despite what the naysayers say. Most of them, doubtfully, remember what it was like immediately after the inferno mission boost. It was ridiculously overcrowded in pande, point inflation was super high, etc.

Instancing so that those that want to raid in a reasonable manner is a great step. But, one thing that parts of the community look forward to is competition. APF and sector 42 don't have this. However, during the player ordained free for all week (RK1) sometimes competition among orgs occur, which is a nice break to monotony.

Is there any consideration towards that in regards to thinking about instancing certain zones, like pande?

Quote Originally Posted by Falkvinge View Post
    Err you know that you get 50 Paid points per month for free if you're a subscriber, yes ?...
    Paid points have not been out that long...30 months would be needed to reach 1500PP at 50PP a month.

But, I had actually forgotten about that benefit

Paid points have not been out that long...30 months would be needed to reach 1500PP at 50PP a month.

Add another 700 as birthday gift
    16 months then..
    When the expansion is done, most vets should have around 1,5k pp
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

I've already got 1400 Points, but I also pay annually. The extra 700 will put me at 2100.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Instancing apf/pandie = great idea
    being able to just jump in with your mates and kill stuff in pandie is gonna be alot more fun than points grinding the bot.

The new PF's = wikid
    Bump for more stuff to explore and kill but PLEASE dont make it stupid like you made DB and Alb instances, im sure everyone loves running about like headless chickens in those PF's

Raid interface = great news
    Finally a true raid interface...thats gonna make organizing stuff so much easier

BIG BUMP for the new render engine, get it right and your gonna breath life back into this game again

Good work FC keep it up, you've got my support
    220Solja/213Engi/174Fixer/210Ady/165nt/150Advy/150MA/146Keeper+a lot of lowbies.

"You two will get on like a house on fire" ever been in a burning house?

"All your dreams will come true" remember some of your dreams do you?

No one posted about this stuff so here goes:

We are also giving you 7 buddy keys to invite friends to try the game. With these buddy keys your friends will be able to discover and enjoy the wonders of Rubi-Ka! These keys give a full 30 days of free play with all expansions enabled.

where who what? .... tryed looking in my account data no refrence...where is this available? waiting for answer...

and bump for info on new game render engin
    Originally Posted by Cephus at AOUniverse
    I look at WoW as the crap-filter of the MMO world. It attracts all the idiots and lets the rest of us play in relative peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Thethe View Post
    No one posted about this stuff so here goes:

We are also giving you 7 buddy keys to invite friends to try the game. With these buddy keys your friends will be able to discover and enjoy the wonders of Rubi-Ka! These keys give a full 30 days of free play with all expansions enabled.

where who what? .... tryed looking in my account data no refrence...where is this available? waiting for answer...

and bump for info on new game render engin

Check your email
    Aleah, MA :: Zhoie, Doctor :: Scarlett, Soldier
    Neutral, (former) President of Art of War

Dipping my toe back in, thinking of returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the record, this is an exploit I am totally cool with people using. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Falkvinge View Post
    you know that vets with 50 paid points buy social clothes, yes...?
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    As someone already stated I'm not entirely sure AO has the numbers right now to support instanced APF/Pande on a regular basis. I could be wrong though.
    The problem isn't strictly lack of population, you know...it's that every time you get enough people together some ******* who already farmed all his pande loot decides to touch off a tower war, and shut down all the bots for 5 hours.

Okay, so this birthday malarky..

"We believe you will be positively surprised to discover all the changes we have made, and the new content we have added, since your last visit. Therefore we are pleased to offer you 30 days free play time, and give you the unique opportunity to check out all the cool new content and re-familiarize yourself with the game. "

what it didn't tell me beforehand, was that to reactivate your account, in order to get the 30 days... you have to pay the normal subscription cost...which honestly.. defeats the object of trying to get people to come back..

Not impressed...

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    Okay, so this birthday malarky..

"We believe you will be positively surprised to discover all the changes we have made, and the new content we have added, since your last visit. Therefore we are pleased to offer you 30 days free play time, and give you the unique opportunity to check out all the cool new content and re-familiarize yourself with the game. "

what it didn't tell me beforehand, was that to reactivate your account, in order to get the 30 days... you have to pay the normal subscription cost...which honestly.. defeats the object of trying to get people to come back..

Not impressed...

0_o Sounds fraudulent. I'd E-mail billing.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Just make contest for europeans and other people who can't get in current one with as prices:
    1. Life time AO account with all expansions and pre-order gifts
    2. and 3. 30-day playtime and free pre-order gifts.

Just fair for us outside corporate controlled capitalism driven area... And it is almost free for FC too...

Also Global means GLOBAL, meaning the whole big round thingy not just small plot of land at it...
    Last edited by Ekarona; Jun 27th, 2008 at 22:56:11.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast