Thread: Best profession for camping unique monsters?

Best profession for camping unique monsters?

Ok, my main char is a crat which isn't the best suited for camping monsters that die in 10 seconds. So I'm looking to make a char to help guild with camping Lab director, TIM, TK, Nugget, ... all the "easy" monsters that die fast.

So I'm looking for advice on what profession would be good for this. The ones I really thing about are soldier, MA, enforcer.
    I already have a 100+ MA but they don't seem to have many specials which seem to be the most important. Wonder if their crit buffs would make up for it. Getting MP buffs to use UVS and FFOK wouldn't be a problem.

Can some of the more experienced players share some of their wisdom ?

I would say either Soldier or MA.

Since your going by dmg done, those alpha strikes can be BRUTAL.

all praise for the 10k full auto!!!

or the dimach/brawl/shen combo hurts also. Those would be my choice's though
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

A Crat with a level 200 Ninja-bot and buffed to do Ro1 (having a decent pistol, of course) does quite a bit of damage, actually.

I just recently camped Daria with a couple of ~level 70 guildmates helping (I'm level 164) and we had to outdamage a level 175 MA. Well, we were able to do that easily enough and got the loot!

... I wasn't able to check the log, but I can't imagine my two guildmates did all THAT much damage to the mob...

Agent with absolute concentration (100% crit for 6 secs and +300 to all dmg and enhanced trueshot (26% crit 16 secs + 70 all dmg)
    These two normally give about 10 crits with good ranged init wich is approx 34.k dmg dmg during 25 secs, pretty hard to beat that at a short time imo.

There is also gnat´s wing as replacement for enhanced trueshot (30 crit% 20 secs +200 all dmg) but to use this you have to lvl your agent very high.

Edit: forgot about the aimedshot to start off with, and if lucky you can add 10k to those 34 k =p
    Last edited by cnn; Sep 20th, 2002 at 18:27:46.

I think for the mobs he mentions he wants to play a new toon to lvl 75 or something like that..not to 200 =) So maybe you may want to keep that in mind too =)
    Marodeur
    Vampire of the Shadow Ops
    Rimor

I know enfs who can solo most of the uniques.

Pet classes are the best prof to solo a unique mob.
    If you KNOW there are going to be people there, enf/sol/nt are best.
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Soloing != camping problems.

Pet profs are generally the best soloers.

Alpha-strike and high-damage profs are generally the best campers. Soldier, MA, NT are the ones I know of as the best for alpha-striking.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.