Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SWG may be the best thing for AO

all i have to say to the people that are going to kill there AO acct
    and go to swg that go ahead and give you stuff to a lowbe or something dont just let fc just delete your stuff make some one on ao happy with bunch of uber stuff

[my alts are bout 80 so im not really talking bout myself]

If AO survives the release of the many online games comming this fall and the next spring it is great. But if the majority of the playerbase moves to other games Funcom will no longer have the cashflow they need and the game itself will get worse and worse cuz Funcom cant even pay their employees. They already made a major cutdown in staff once, remember.

I really hope that they will make it though. But I am not sure that I will be around when other cool games comes into play.
    Winterizer lvl 213 Solitus Keeper
    Alien level 14
    Date of registration 2001-06-28
    Played in beta 4
    Unit leader of Ragnarok

On the smal matter of AO

Yes agranted Ao was a really big push for the games of it kind, Si-Fi and have made a lot of new expectation on these types of online games.
    But to be anything in the long run I´d say that the game that acually goes away of being a alt to Diablo will survive the longest.
    Of course Swg will tahe a huge chunk of Ao playes away .. and who comes back and who stays.. ? Who can really tell .. ?
    But every new game have the potential to steal players from the games that already exists. A new and shiny package allways attracts us.. right ?
    My self.. Im leaving for SWG . not say I´ll stay there. but if that game allows me to acually play a char and not just look at pretty pictures and run around doing the same old things ... Ill stay . if not well Il just have to see .. maby SWG is more fun than AO . maby not .. But as it looks now.. AO feels like an advanced colone of Diablo Yes I know it´s a hard likening to do.. and not more than 50% accurate if you start to take it apart .. but it´s more thegeneral feel of the game Im looking at .. and not the game it self,
    I love the engie combo, i create to destroy, how constructive

Personally I dont think AO will die, and I dont think SWG will be the game everything thinks it, But thats just me. I am willing to put a large bet on the fact that Funcom have taken SWG into mind in their future plans. Oh, and just to get another dig in at all the people who say SWG is the ultimate game, it has already had a large chunk of what was promised taken out, and its already running late

personally I might check out swg, and if I find it more fun I will move over to it, but I will keep my AO account open while I check it out.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Talking

I know how you all feel i have been playing since the second day the game came out i have made at least over 20 charaters , some only get up to 30 others up to 50 i have gotten a few like 5 up to 80+ but once i get near 100 i don't feel like playing them much anymore because i start doing the endless tredmil of mission in bs. Sure i would like to self cast a deamon,slayerbot, and ninja bot . But i just can't stand it that's what so far i have played almost ever profession past 50 besides traders an fixers i am working on my fixer now then my trader after that i am hoping they would have done somthing to make me want to play my main again "blackwings 115 mp, not very high i know lots of alts"
    maybe i don't know a new kind of pet that doesn't look like a meatball for 110+ lvls that would be nice maybe a new looking heal pet that would be great ..... hmm mez pet ah who needs it ..
    oh an as for swg i am not a sw fan at all so unless shadowbane comes out before shadowlands i am staying .... well until i lose another couple of mil because sombody can't wait until the end of a fight to open a chest !!! that brings me to another point CHANGE the rats , when sombody opens a chest an the rat is out it doesn't attack the person that opened it no no no it attacks the mp an rapes him/her till there dead then rolls a couple of times over the body to make sure!

Originally posted by lilnymph
    Personally I dont think AO will die, and I dont think SWG will be the game everything thinks it, But thats just me. I am willing to put a large bet on the fact that Funcom have taken SWG into mind in their future plans. Oh, and just to get another dig in at all the people who say SWG is the ultimate game, it has already had a large chunk of what was promised taken out, and its already running late

personally I might check out swg, and if I find it more fun I will move over to it, but I will keep my AO account open while I check it out.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph...you are probably the nicest person on the face of the Earth so take please take my tone as debating, and not rebuking

Could you be more specific on what SWG has taken out that was promised? I have followed the development of this game for quite a while. Besides from typical implementation changes, the over all game concept remains the same. All the key points still remain unchanged:
    Player run economies
    Player owed/managed land and cities
    Non Combat Playstyle
    Skill Based Character Development
    Numerous Profitable Tradeskills

These are things I as a avid gamer have never experienced and am very excited about.

IMO, the difference between this and AO is that AO states on the box several features that were never included or never worked until recently. (Some still don't). Funcom continues to make promises that are never kept.

Most complaints I've seen against SWG are from people who haven't even bothered to read the FAQ. Its obvious from their statements that they would rather remain blissfully ignorant. The problem is they spread false rumors to others who are looking for information. I urge anyone even interested in SWG to read the FAQ and Beta updates and judge for yourself.

I love AO for what it is do not regret my time playing it in the least.

Joseph

Payter Voxs - Imperial Droid Engineer

|-o-| (=0=) |-o-|
    Last edited by WhistlinJoe; Sep 25th, 2002 at 20:31:51.

Originally posted by WhistlinJoe

Could you be more specific on what SWG has taken out that was
    Most complaints I've seen against SWG are from people who haven't even bothered to read the FAQ. Its obvious from their statements that they would rather remain blissfully ignorant. The problem is they spread false rumors to others who are looking for information. I urge anyone even interested in SWG to read the FAQ and Beta updates and judge for yourself.
    |-o-| (=0=) |-o-|
    What is worse is most of the people you are talking haven't even played a MMORPG before. They did a poll this week and made a thread based on it, 85% of the replies to the thread were from people stateing they have never played a mmorpg before, which shows there will be alot of hard core SW fans and JK2 players flinging to the game. Which means the 1st 3 months will be kind of a headache, since all old school mmorpg players will be spending alot of time explaining/fighting with the noobs to rpgs.

If 1/2 of what SWG promises makes it into release, it will hurt alot of current mmorpgs.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Originally posted by WhistlinJoe

Lilnymph...you are probably the nicest person on the face of the Earth so take please take my tone as debating, and not rebuking

Could you be more specific on what SWG has taken out that was promised?
    Hugs, nice way to start a post

And a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away (sorry, couldn't resist it) space travel and combat was promised, but it was removed and we where told it would be out in an expansion pack (hmmm, wasnt that what all the SWG lovers where moaning about on the expansion forum, things that where promised being sold extra.............)

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

You all want proof AO wont die go to www.realmserver.com ... sheesh and that game is nothing but a chat window now.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12