Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I wont quit/cancel before FC nerfs Traders and healing in PvP!!

Talking Letter left to his daughter before the Trader disappered

To my dearest little darling,

I am so sorry that I will not be able to be there when you get your first Reet Tech Junior, or that I will not be there to help you with your first NCU Belt. I have been afraid to tell you that I have slowly been dying for a while now. I know that I looked healthy and strong and firm, but that was only to outsiders. In reality, I have been suffering from a long term illness called Nerfism.
    It started long ago when I suddenly forgot how to boost computer literacy in others. It was a terrible day but I got over it and continued with my life, plagued with those who still thought I could do that. Then, not so long ago, another terrible thing happened. Suddenly, my ability to heal was greatly reduced and the backlash damage to me was terrible, just terrible. I tried to explain this new problem I had to others to see if I could get help, but no one understood and mearly accused me of wanting to be more powerful then everyone else. I had a much harder time doing things on my own after that and had no choice but to team up with others if I wanted to do anything, but I survived. Then, shortly after that calamity, I found that my nano programs were much less effective and more easily resisted by those I hunted.
    And now my dearest one, something has happened that is the death of me. My ability to pull information from others has been been damaged to the point that I see no more reason to live. There are comflicting reports that some in my chosen profession are able to only retain the information for just a few seconds while others report the ability to only draw half as much information. Either way, I am afraid to check and see for I know the trueth will be much more horrible then imagined. I go now into the trackless and unknown outlands so that I might fad away and disappear away from your loving eyes.

Your Love,
    Trader

P.S. - Please honey, whatever you do, do not help start or spread this terrible disease called Nerfism (sometimes called PVP balancing). I know you can grow up into a beautiful woman and will learn to work around your shortcomings and how to overcome those who are perceived as stronger.
    If at first you dont' succeed, reload.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, loot it.

Post Lucid's Thoughts

Personally i see alot of traders and docs at arenas
    I see alot of other classes there also.
    VERY rarely will someone accept a deul with trader/doc however.
    Its almost unheard of. unless the non doc/trader understands he/she is going to lose without a doubt. (friendly deuls only most of the time)

And at war ? if you see a trader/doc you move the other direction
    fast...

Now plz im not asking to be flamed either.

but honestly would you fight somone if they could take your abillitys to fight away from you, give them to themself. add it to their own skill
    Or someone who can heal more dmg more often than you can hit them

but i guess if i wanted a fair balanced game i should play tribes2 or somthing.
    high spirits wont compensate for 800 rounds a minute...
    LucidTrance . imps . Gear

Arrow

If you want to win at war, try coordinating the attack. Traders are the easiest to drop out of the "annoying 3" in mass battles, NTs and Docs being the other two.

Try to answer this question:

Should 1v1 pvp be the main (people like garzu would say only) factor in "balancing" (which means "I win all the time" to lots of people) professions, regardless of pvm and group battle? If you said yes like the other nerf-mongers, you probably have tunnel vision. Thats

t
    u
    n
    n
    e
    l

v
    i
    s
    i
    o
    n

for them though, since they only see 1 thing at a time.

Funny that you bring up tribes 2...soloers suck something bad there, except for some people good at flag running. If lag is low and the other team has a clue, solo runners are a waste of time. When it comes to killing, good TEAMS always own all.

Dueling is lame, glad I don't do it unless dragged into 100% somehow. I'm more useful to a group divesting people and spamming aoe roots anyways.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Some people should give their ego a break.
    Just make a darn trader, own PvP and get harassed for wrangles your whole life.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

I have a trader, only lvl 103 though.

I think a first step could be to not allow both lines stack on the same target.

I mean if a person has a deprive on him you cant stack a plunder on him, however you should be able to plunder another person giving you the benefit from both lines but split the downside on two players.

Originally posted by North

4. If this game has PvP, it should be balanced to an extent (meaning that there should not be a single profession in the game that has ability to win by default against a large majority of other professions...at the moment there are two professions with unprecedented advantages)
    Don't even talk to us engineers about PvP... We would need just the right outside buffs to make us survive even beyond 10 seconds maybe we could last 15 seconds if the other guy wanted to play with us some.

A engineer with just the right equipment could survive a casual person....maybe a MP if we can get him away from his heal pet or perhaps a crat... maybe..
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Re: Lucid's Thoughts

Originally posted by LucidTrance

And at war ? if you see a trader/doc you move the other direction
    fast...

Don't know what wars you talking about but at least at camelot wars you first kill docs/nts/traders because they are most damaging and you want them dead before they can heal their friends or AoE nuke you to death or debuff you to hell and back.

yes id deffinitly have to agree when in war the NT's Docs and Traders get targeted first.

Makes sense to destroy the largest thret first.

me as a soldier im quite vulnerable to the trader.
    but thats the idea seeing im a class based entirely on attack skills.

i hear crits in 14.6 will be cut in half for pvp purposes.
    this along with the ELTTS nerf sounds nasty

and my statement was " lucid's thoughts " their just that
    not right, not wrong. just what ive seen/experienced from my point of view.

oh and in war i notice when most people see trader and get drained the simply zone. atleast from what i can tell. there dosent seem to be much point in sticking around as a meatshield with no attack abillity
    high spirits wont compensate for 800 rounds a minute...
    LucidTrance . imps . Gear

Let me guess...

Full aggro

134 points in Nanoresist

... and the damn trader landed his Divest, bad trader, eh?

try 750 Nanoresist, full defensive and see the trader use up his nanopool in notime

PS 750 Nanoresist and full agg doesn't help either

Originally posted by Beatenblue
    750 Nanoresist and full agg doesn't help either
    I have close to 1 K nano resist and +2100 all def. Let me assure you that it generally does not help.

At any rate, Garzu has a worthy cause. Best of luck.

~Hoopspro

Originally posted by Firedrake
    Sigh. Yet more brain-dead nerfmongers crying out for more nerfage. Of course no matter how many nerfs FC gives them, they will always want more. Personally I hope FC replaces the titles for all PVPers who cry for nerfs with the title "Sissy Gimp" so the rest of us can point and laugh at them.
    Exactly BUMP

I hate PvP'ing traders so much I almost want to whine Nerf em!

BUT I WON'T.

NO MORE NERF'ing people or items.

It's a shame when all the proffessions cry out to have each other nerfed, for they all will surely be the loosers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345