Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I wont quit/cancel before FC nerfs Traders and healing in PvP!!

*yeah...sorry voted for docs...
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Originally posted by Stol
    halfdeck: no.
    You're wasting your time here, Halfdeck. He doesn't understand the trader profession.

If NR is "fixed" any more than it is now, the dozen or so traders left in this game will be rolling engineer alts so we can feel uber. We'll team with the NT engineer alts
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

I can think of one thing to say to the opener of this thread. You're an a-hole. I'm sorry but it's true.

Originally posted by Halfdeck

What am I gonna do when my drains get nerfed and I see a doc in 2ho, run?

Half

Yeah, like the rest of us have to...
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Originally posted by Garzu-perman

Yeah, like the rest of us have to...

roflol

heya Garzu *waves*

have not seen you round much but I been kinda NOT going to game mechanics or NT boards too much
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

If NR is "fixed" any more than it is now, the dozen or so traders left in this game will be rolling engineer alts so we can feel uber. We'll team with the NT engineer alts

ummm the dozen or so less?ROFLOL it is you who is without a clue. Go to the arena and you will see 12 traders and 12 docs lol.

every team I get in (or most) have a trader in them. I am workin lowbie characters that dont team with traders, but it is not for lack of them but every tell I send is "sorry doing solo missions"

I have a trader, they are not gimped. Is the team heal nerf your problem or something? I crit a LOT, I can nuke and heal at the same time, I steal nano, I gimp people to 20 levels below their norm (and I am only level 38).

Traders are a HUGE part of the population

roflol you crack me up with your MISINFORMATION.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule

ummm the dozen or so less?ROFLOL it is you who is without a clue. Go to the arena and you will see 12 traders and 12 docs lol.

every team I get in (or most) have a trader in them. I am workin lowbie characters that dont team with traders, but it is not for lack of them but every tell I send is "sorry doing solo missions"

I have a trader, they are not gimped. Is the team heal nerf your problem or something? I crit a LOT, I can nuke and heal at the same time, I steal nano, I gimp people to 20 levels below their norm (and I am only level 38).

Traders are a HUGE part of the population

roflol you crack me up with your MISINFORMATION.
    I'm not referring to PvP twinks running around draining everything because that's all they know how to do. I'm talking about trader mains that are dedicated to their characters.

And at level 38, sure, you aren't gimped at all. Nobody your level is raising nano resist to any reasonable level. Nobody your level relies on crit-dependant weapons unless they are heavily twinked. And I'll bet you're pretty twinked, no?

As for my misinformation: http://ymera.com/actprofprweek.html

Yes, we're such a huge part of the population... second only to crats.
    Last edited by aaronb; Oct 5th, 2002 at 19:20:56.

Originally posted by aaronb

I'm not referring to PvP twinks running around draining everything because that's all they know how to do. I'm talking about trader mains that are dedicated to their characters.

And at level 38, sure, you aren't gimped at all. Nobody your level is raising nano resist to any reasonable level. Nobody your level relies on crit-dependant weapons unless they are heavily twinked. And I'll bet you're pretty twinked, no?

As for my misinformation: http://ymera.com/actprofprweek.html

Yes, we're such a huge part of the population... second only to crats.

actually I am 38 with Q30 imps in, twinked armor to some extent, using a vek (not so crit dependant) and am in OE til my first deprive lands, so gun is kinda twinked.

no not a super twink, armor is about the only really twinked thing on me and with OE rules it is just cutting edge

*edit*
    Active players pr week pr profession in percentages (active = levelled). Only those in guilds are counted.

so 200's dont count and either do non guildies, or level 74 chars that dont want to level. or any pvp twinks, or people looking for content

and you are still misinforming saying a dozen, besides MA (flavor of the month) there is no class that has more than double the active players (see quote for exceptions), so you are saying there are only 24 enforcers or doc's on the server? hrmmm
    Last edited by Yazule; Oct 5th, 2002 at 20:01:49.

ROFLOL

and you are still misinforming saying a dozen, besides MA (flavor of the month) there is no class that has more than double the active players (see quote for exceptions), so you are saying there are only 24 enforcers or doc's on the server? hrmmm
    So we both exaggerated. I exaggerated the scarcity, and you exaggerated the volume.

damn nerf crat pets...or i quit

Arrow FYI, before you crap on those stats

so 200's dont count and either do non guildies, or level 74 chars that dont want to level. or any pvp twinks, or people looking for content
    No, the 205 or so level 200s are not counted out of the entire list of ~60000 people who were EVER in a guild. If a char was ever in a guild at any point, it is tracked on there.

"Note that these lists does not contain people without a guild."
    "Only those in guilds are counted."

Might lead you to think otherwise, but use the search function.

Try to find a char over a month old thats not on there. I bet I can make a good guess of their level, either that or they have been inactive for the last 40 weeks or so. Try to find an active char you know over a month old thats not on there especially.

For some reason the guild section is broken on there, but it still caught a level 1 newbie I made last week and added to my guild.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

to sum up why i think you should be 100% safe from a 190% resistmod nano if you do absolutely everything you can to get NR as high as possible.

the nano is ransack, you still have deprive running... the rather monumental sacrifice in implants to get NR as high as possible should not ever leave you stuck with both drains running, not in a million years!
    (this assumes you triple implant and wear 2x fractured sanity and have either green NR or NR buffs, if slightly less you should be hit with both 1 in 10 times...)

aaronb, I do believe i mentioned something about mob NR needing a tune down to compensate... either i did or i took too long writing that post and my login was reset.

I find it mildly amusing that you and halfdeck try to concentrate on me and my supposed knowledge of traders or lack thereof and thereby try to "devalue" my opinions rather than trying to convince me that your opinion is the right one.
    Our opinions differ, and I like to think i have a right to mine even when it does conflict with yours...

One thing you are not capable of is making me feel sorry for traders.

So we both exaggerated. I exaggerated the scarcity, and you exaggerated the volume.

no I did not exagerate... GO TO THE ARENA

LOOK

most people there are doc and trader.

tis a fact

I would guess 25% of all hard core pvpers are traders, and most of them dont level, but they play every day, does that make them inactive? roflol

ROFLOL

Re: FYI, before you crap on those stats

Originally posted by Mercatura

No, the 205 or so level 200s are not counted out of the entire list of ~60000 people who were EVER in a guild. If a char was ever in a guild at any point, it is tracked on there.

"Note that these lists does not contain people without a guild."
    "Only those in guilds are counted."

Might lead you to think otherwise, but use the search function.

Try to find a char over a month old thats not on there. I bet I can make a good guess of their level, either that or they have been inactive for the last 40 weeks or so. Try to find an active char you know over a month old thats not on there especially.

For some reason the guild section is broken on there, but it still caught a level 1 newbie I made last week and added to my guild.
    I only have 2 of 8 chars in a guild, I play 6 of them at least once a week.

*shrug*

ROFLOL

roflol

heya Garzu *waves*

have not seen you round much but I been kinda NOT going to game mechanics or NT boards too much
    hello Yazule, im not very active in these forums anymore, not playing to much anymore either, but as this thread indicates, i wont quit before they nerf certain uber profs...

The uberness of Docs and Traders makes me have nightmares about them, im so afraid of them, they are like unstoppable machines, which they really are too... I need to confront this nightmare, and do something about it to get my good nice dream sleep back, so thats why I need this nerf...
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

I looked at your graph again, and even though it is laughable, current active traders are at a 14 week high (that is over 3 month span).

currently at 5.4, the ALL TIME HIGH is 6.4, so that is a reduction of about 1/6 or 16% from the all time high.

Garzu:

I quit, didnt come to the boards, didnt log in for 4 months, but now I am back til swg comes out. You should come to swg with me .

go to my profile info and send me an email if interested, I got a little group going that will be getting swg.

ROFLOL

Arrow Nice try Yazule

Did you bother to search for your own chars?

How many were not on the website?

If some were not, what levels? heheh
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

only traders and docs at arena? that's really odd. I don't PVP much at all (only when totally bored). When ever I go to arena I see alot of classes, but not many Traders there, and maybe 1-2 docs. And if as you claim nearly half the people PVPing are traders, are they usually under level 75? Seems a shame that you are trying to take away the one last think traders have and totaly destroy and remove that character from the game. I can only hope that if Funcom nerfs traders yet again that I am given the option to keep my level and stuff and pick a new class. Maybe an agent so I can sneak around and snipe your candy a$$ with 4 crits in a row. Then you can cry "NERF AGENTS!"
    If at first you dont' succeed, reload.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, loot it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast