Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I wont quit/cancel before FC nerfs Traders and healing in PvP!!

I wont quit/cancel before FC nerfs Traders and healing in PvP!!

Yes, you heard me, it has become my mission of life, REAL life, to nerf the trader and make heals 50% in PvP.

Traders are totally uber with their 415 drains(reducing every damn useful skill by that amount on a target = certain death) which at the same time adds 350ish to every useful skill for the trader. Thats a devestating 750ish difference when we add it together = total ownage.

Traders are in fact so powerful that their worst enemy professions are a..... YEAH, you guessed right, A TRADER!!! A trader is a traders worst enemy. That in itself should make it pretty easy for even the stupidest idiot to understand that traders are uber powered.

Traders owz00r so bad, Ive heard them tell jokes about all the other profs, how they own them all etc and some of them even admit that if they werent a trader themself, they would have screamed for a nerf of their own profession: the trader.

And please dont come tell me the crap about NR working etc, I know exactly how well it works: Divest lands easy, even at max def with maxed light green NR and QL 200 bright and faded NR clusters (193 NT speaking). Pluder is resisted about 50%, but its not practical to run around at 100% def, cause you cant kill anyone then. At medium setting lets say it still lands 50% of the time, chances are that you are fully debuffed -415 to every single useful skill in PvP in a matter of 12 secs. Thats worst case, best case you are debuffed back to the stone age already after 7 secs.

Now we also need 50% healing or 100% dmg. Some of the healing profs are of course continously whining they need the 100% heal vs 50% dmg, but thats just a big bunch of BS. They are liars, they just want to keep the edge over the less fortunate of us who cant heal. We who cant heal know how uber healing is now, and many of us wants it nerfed, so I say cmon already, NERF HEALING NOW!!!
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Red face Shrink

I have the name and number of a good shrink I will e-mail it to you...

I suggest you get help.

LOL.. Mission

Clark "Garzuperman" Kent , you need to find a better mission.

Wink Clark "Garzuperman" Kent drugs are bad

I was going to flame your dumb ass but don't feel like wasteing my time since you have no clue as to what you are talking about.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Looks like Funcom are gonna have a Long-term customer then.

Hey you might aswell do a year long subscription and save yourself a bit o' cash.
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Re: I wont quit/cancel before FC nerfs Traders and healing in PvP!!

Originally posted by Clark "Garzuperman" Kent

Traders are in fact so powerful that their worst enemy professions are a..... YEAH, you guessed right, A TRADER!!! A trader is a traders worst enemy. That in itself should make it pretty easy for even the stupidest idiot to understand that traders are uber powered.
    MP = my worst enemy.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Why would you flame him? He's completely right. And I know a thing or two about PvP. Go on. Give me your best shot.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Funcom should have nerfed deprive/ransack first. Its way too late to nerf it now after the smackdown they've given to traders already. Traders would be absolutely useless without them.

Just as an aside, when Funcom listed the top 10 PvPers on each server I think there were only something like 3 Traders on the list and 2 or 3 Doctors and neither was at the top of the lists. They hardly dominate the PvP game. Sure, maybe people have to run away from them after getting drained for 150 points of skill, but that doesn't mean they are racking up kills. The classes with long range guns with burst and full-auto (fixer and soldier) have the most members on the Top 10 lists I believe because when they use their special abilities they actually result in corpses unlike either healing or depriving.

Originally posted by Neophyte Caol
    Why would you flame him? He's completely right. And I know a thing or two about PvP. Go on. Give me your best shot.
    totally agree, I have had traders tell me they are too powerful and they look on most proffesions as a joke.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, in 200 levels of steady pvp with my soldier, and 150 with my mp.. i never killed a trader. ( only once cause he screwed up )

must be cause i dont know how to pvp. eh?
    I sure get sick of cocky traders going off on me " come fight me you chicken****!! " when you have no skill, you just were blessed by funcom.

those drains do need a nerf.. the last too long, and put even the highest levels back into the stoneage.

months ago when i was still "playing" AO. I was at arena just messing around. at the time this was my setup.

dragon chest/pants. 15% scope, VT egg/dodga pads, albrecht q 200. khealar sleeves. the list goes on. just imagine every uber item on a lvl 200 soldier and that was me.

and traders still owned me horribly. it doesnt matter who you are or what you are wearing you'll get owned.

well just backing up caol and garzu.. just because you dont like how it sounds doesnt mean it is wrong.

-p.s please dont ask me for a duel, im not giving up my title just because you call me a chicken : )

Originally posted by Nianna
    Just as an aside, when Funcom listed the top 10 PvPers on each server I think there were only something like 3 Traders on the list and 2 or 3 Doctors and neither was at the top of the lists. They hardly dominate the PvP game. Sure, maybe people have to run away from them after getting drained for 150 points of skill, but that doesn't mean they are racking up kills. The classes with long range guns with burst and full-auto (fixer and soldier) have the most members on the Top 10 lists I believe because when they use their special abilities they actually result in corpses unlike either healing or depriving.
    you do realise the majority of the top ten was farmed neophyte titles? and that alot of those titles that werent farmed were gained like 6 months ago?

i dont want to go through the list but i will if i have too, that list represents a small portion of the over all pvp that goes on in AO.

Originally posted by Nianna
    Funcom should have nerfed deprive/ransack first. Its way too late to nerf it now after the smackdown they've given to traders already. Traders would be absolutely useless without them.
    with the addition of OE traders got a boost, not a smackdown. I have a trader, he is only a rookie, want to know why? NOBODY WILL FIGHT HIM.

I dont gank, aka unless it is group pvp (no titles there) I ask or am asked for duels, it is what I like *shrug*

The hardest thing about an *honorable* trader getting a title is finding someone to fight him.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule

with the addition of OE traders got a boost, not a smackdown. I have a trader, he is only a rookie, want to know why? NOBODY WILL FIGHT HIM.

I dont gank, aka unless it is group pvp (no titles there) I ask or am asked for duels, it is what I like *shrug*

The hardest thing about an *honorable* trader getting a title is finding someone to fight him.
    It's not about you being hororable.

No point fighting a trader really unless you enjoy sitting at reclaim. Just as garzuman stated, drains are very fast to cast, relatively easy to land (check MP nanoshutdown for some comparison) and really take away all your pvp useful skills and yes, it's also buffs trader insanely.

And you still wonder wonder why nobody wants to fight you.

Soldiers gets their title with their alpha strike in mass PvP, that way they do the most dmg to the target and gets the kill.

Go ask our "Experienced" Gunnandahalf how he got his title... he is good with the buttons and know a trick or two, but the main reason is his Flashpoint + a nuke at the same time gives him a good chance of getting the kill. I once reached Novice, one day later I gave it away, the title only made me an atractive target and made me have less fun in pvp, but thats just me...

I know this first hand, I started using Flashpoint with my NT before he did, and alpha + nuke very often gave me the kill even though many others were trying to kill the same target.

When alpha is used up, my NT sucked so bad it wasnt even funny, and guess waht, soldiers have it even worse.

Traders are spoiled, FC has let them have this immensely uber power for way to long without nerfing it. They need to make it last maximum 20 secs, just like Nano Shutdown, make it cost at least 2x more nano. Make casting and recharge time a lot longer, instacasting of plunder and divest are way uber powered.

I have to add the same for doctors init debuff, its so uber powerful, it greatly inbalances the game. -1500 to all inits make me cast nanos slower than a lvl 1 NT, infact I cast just as slow as a -100 lvl NT, and that doesnt exist... It lasts way to long, and should have a much longer casting and recharge time + a great increase in nano cost + it should have a reduction in effectiveness.

I know first hand many traders and doctors commiting kamikaze attacks in 2HO etc just to get rid of titles, and VERY many did this just after this nerf discussion started just after FC made dmg 50%.
    Last edited by Garzu-perman; Sep 24th, 2002 at 14:50:36.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Sigh. Yet more brain-dead nerfmongers crying out for more nerfage. Of course no matter how many nerfs FC gives them, they will always want more. Personally I hope FC replaces the titles for all PVPers who cry for nerfs with the title "Sissy Gimp" so the rest of us can point and laugh at them.

I find it kinda laughable myself that traders can get 300+ buff in any attack or nano skill. Far surpassing the true "Masters" of those skills.

Enforcers with challenger running (and 2 minutes of shutdown) can get a max of +304. Wow, at lvl 180+ an enforcer can get almost as much buff bonus as any 100+ trader, even if they do have to deal with nano shutdown to do it.

Soldiers can get either 130 or 140 to their main attack skill. Not even half what a trader can buff.

An mp can get +160 to any nano skill, right around half the bonus a trader can buff.

A fixer can get 161 to smg...at lvl 195+. Around half what a trader can buff.

An ma can get 160 to martial arts, again around half what a trader can buff.

And all the while they're getting their 300+ boost, they're taking away 415 point off EVERY nano skill and weapon skill of their poor rooted opponent.

But yeah... I'm starting to see the balance you traders are convinced exists. I just have to squint funny, and hold my head sideways .

(and for the record, the trader heal was fixed, not nerfed. Traders were supposed to trade their health to heal their teamates with team heals. those heals were never intended to be as good as doc heals with the trader healing himself more then he took away)
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Re: I wont quit/cancel before FC nerfs Traders and healing in PvP!!

Originally posted by Garzu-perman
    I wont quit/cancel before FC nerfs Traders and healing in PvP!!
    /me scratches head

So, as long as Funcom refuses to nerf Traders, you'll keep paying them $12.95 a month?

This is some strange blackmail
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.

I say nerf crats in pvp.. im way too overpowered too in pvp. come near me and ill debuff your inits by 30. *flex*

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast