Thread: OOC: Started New Org- have questions.

OOC: Started New Org- have questions.

I posted here because it's an RP org. Because of that, my org's needs are different from a traditional org. A couple questions at least to start...

Apartments: Since I'm not made of credits, I cannot afford a city yet, so the options is to move the org into Tir for now. Last I remembered if you left anything in an apartment(decoration or whatever) it was a crapshoot as to wether it would be there when you logged back in. Is this still the case?

Orgbots: Pretty much required to run an org bot. I have installed and (kinda) configured Vhabot, is this a good option? Is BeBot truely (not opinion) for an RP org?

I'm sure I'll think of more, but thats a good start.
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Apartments: Apartments are fine - I've had a home office setup in mine for almost 2 years now. If you're planning to make your apartment a gathering point it may be difficult due to the fact only people teamed with you can enter.

I would suggest picking a Backyard or one of the less frequented Tir nightclubs to have meetings in as opposed to an apartment.

Orgbots: I never used Vhabot. After IGN took its dive, I started to use BeBot deployed on a unix server. was very hit or miss back in the 2.x days when I started using it. We (The OTRP Alliance) are using 4.x now and I'm upgrading to 5.x this weekend. It's a solid bot, but it's raid tools are a bit lacking compared to other bots out there - but I suspect that will change with time.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Ya, planning on using a backyard as the gathering point with the org using the apartments as THEIR apartments. Probably the one right there by Tir Grid and the Rebel

If you put too many items in an apartment, some will start to randomly disappear. Not sure the limit but I've got a dozen items in one and not losing anything.

What about putting down a backpack?

Apts: Only thing I know of you can leave in apts is furniture-type items. Gear and such will disappear.

Org bots: Bebot, Budabot and Vhabot are all decent bots. It comes down to personal preference and if there are specific things you want it to do. For instance, I'd like to have a bot that would pick up tower activity according to a search string I give it. Used to be able to do that with IGNbot, but I haven't seen that capability with any of the others without getting down to a programming level. That capability is useful where you want to be alerted to your friends' towers being attacked, but not every single friggin' attack on every org that ever exists. It seems to be an all-or-nothing approach with any of the current supported bots unless you change the programming itself. I guess what I want is not typical in that regard. I run Vhabot on my computer when Trousers' bot server goes down that is running Bebot.
    Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang ((Rimor))
    Roleplaying Profile of Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang
    The story continues: "Live by the Sword..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    If you put too many items in an apartment, some will start to randomly disappear. Not sure the limit but I've got a dozen items in one and not losing anything.
    The limit is 30 items IIRC.

I have a laboratory set up in my Newland apartment, a jobe luxury apartment I've decorated a bit, and a regular Jobe apartment that's mainly used for storage of Halloween props.

You also might look into using some of the unused buildings in West Athen or Tir--you can't decorate them, but some already provide atmosphere.