Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OOC: Clan RPers, where do you hang?

OOC: Clan RPers, where do you hang?

As the question states, Clan roleplayers... where do you roleplay at? Is there a spot or do you just do it in passing?
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Honestly, I never really see clanners RP'ing, which is...distressing.

99% of the time, I am forced to RP with Neutrals and Omnis over in Newland City or at Reet's Retreat. The other 1% takes place actually with clanners in the Council of Truth meetings, but that's only once a month.

Sucks, doesn't it?

I wish there were more Clan RP'ers
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Yeah it is few of them "hardcore's" clan rp'ers by the looks of it.

I am just 33.3% roleplayer since I enjoy pvm and pvp just as much. Hanging in Newland when i do
    Quote Originally Posted by ruken View Post
    Is there a spot or do you just do it in passing?
    I think many just do it more casual, with RP-mode next patch we might see more just that.

perhaps if more clan roleplayers decided to hang in clan area's ¬_¬

hehe agreed

Just avoid the problem and re-roll Omni =p

Or Neutral. There are a lot of really good neutral RP orgs. Not as good as Omni, of course, but still really good =p
    Last edited by Trousers; Jun 10th, 2008 at 14:13:32. Reason: only had 1 cup of coffee...
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

ooooooooooh just you wait!

Some day, someone's going to make a clan org and pull people from omni back where they belong, I mean to the Clans.

... and the idea begins...

ooooooooooh just you wait!

Some day, someone's going to make a clan org and pull people from omni back where they belong, I mean to the Clans.

... and the idea begins...
    Good!

You do that!

And if you need any help you let me know. It's really not fun having 1 sided RP all the time, lol.

I talked with a few people a while back when trying to determine if I wanted to try to provoke more Clan RP (The decision of the people I spoke to in council was that I should devote my efforts solely on Omni-RP) and this was what I found.

Omni's have a higher tendency to cluster around 'factions'. I.e. We have groups of Police RPers and Groups of Military RPers and they want to be branded under a single banner (in the same RP Org). The Clans, maybe due to their fewer numbers, tend to be scattered around inside of existing Non-RP dedicated Orgs and not many wish to lead the charge it founding their own (And they cannot be faulted for that).

Because of the scattered nature of the Clans rallying them together with the current 'stock' may prove extremely difficult and the simplest solution -which will require the most work- would be to create new Clan RPers and try to get into involved into a clan driven infrastructure that can interface with the Omni infrastructure to provide a more dynamic environment.

Just my 2 cents there, take it for whatever you feel it's worth.
    Last edited by Trousers; Jun 10th, 2008 at 14:42:53.

The problem is, with as deep as AO's story is, roleplay exsists simply by playing the game. A tower battle is roleplay (battlestation, prolly not so much), an alien raid, an org meeting... its all RP, people just dont realize it.

Being SciFi, ao has an advantage. People can cuss, speak in leet, whatever and still be in character. (I'm not talking about lazy spelling here :P ) We're not talking about the need to use "thou" and "shall" as much as we can. It doesnt take much to switch to roleplay in AO. I think alot of the current players can switch over far easier here then other games.

That is true. The learning curve is easier in AO, mostly because the situation is one we're all common with.

It's not like Fantasy with What Gods are doing what to who. This is war over land and property.

Even though the learning curve is easier, it's still fairly difficult to find people who want to RP. Some folks may consider Tab-Q'ing a Tower RP, but I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Some folks may consider Tab-Q'ing a Tower RP, but I don't.
    I'm willing to take what I can get. If those people are constantly Tab-Qing and "feel" like theyre RPing, they will RP the rest after they feel comfortable. We all got into RP in different ways (mine was pen and paper and boffer sports). Personally, I hate the "human side" of roleplay. I dont think any one person is "that" important. Others would TOTALLY disagree (and I have friends who think this way) and say "Matters of the heart are far more fun to roleplay" (matters of the heart being personal relationships like romance and stuff). I personally hate matters of the heart rp. I like RPing heroics, battles, strategy, discovery, and the like. I suppose everyone has their highs and lows.

I think as far as RP is concerned, unless someone is ruining it for others (which is just a lack of courtesy) it doesnt matter how you rp, just that you do.

I'm willing to take what I can get. If those people are constantly Tab-Qing and "feel" like theyre RPing, they will RP the rest after they feel comfortable. We all got into RP in different ways (mine was pen and paper and boffer sports). Personally, I hate the "human side" of roleplay. I dont think any one person is "that" important. Others would TOTALLY disagree (and I have friends who think this way) and say "Matters of the heart are far more fun to roleplay" (matters of the heart being personal relationships like romance and stuff). I personally hate matters of the heart rp. I like RPing heroics, battles, strategy, discovery, and the like. I suppose everyone has their highs and lows.

I think as far as RP is concerned, unless someone is ruining it for others (which is just a lack of courtesy) it doesnt matter how you rp, just that you do.
    Don't get me wrong. Tower Battles can be RP'ed and if people are willing to do so they should be commended since so many people do not RP them. If that is their outlet that's great.

What I meant to say would be "Just attacking a tower is not a form of RolePlaying".

Ya, I wasnt meaning to pick apart the line just used it as a catalyst for my point :P

At one point clan RPers did out number the other factions. Now thats not the case, but some spots that RPers congregate would be the Table by the giant dish in Newland, Reets Reetreat: Fire place Room, Awning outside of the wompahs. Hrmm...thats it ;P there are other areas that we congregate on occasion, but it depends on if something is going on.
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Don't get me wrong. Tower Battles can be RP'ed and if people are willing to do so they should be commended since so many people do not RP them. If that is their outlet that's great.

What I meant to say would be "Just attacking a tower is not a form of RolePlaying".
    (( On RK1 NLF used to attacked many towers in the name of RP, they can be rp-ed its just that those who dont like rp, most likely wont see it as RP.

everything can be rp-ed its just a matter of how you put it and how you work it out ))

Quote Originally Posted by Eculypta View Post
    (( On RK1 NLF used to attacked many towers in the name of RP, they can be rp-ed its just that those who dont like rp, most likely wont see it as RP.

everything can be rp-ed its just a matter of how you put it and how you work it out ))
    Yes, I agreed to that. It's all a 'Level of Effort" thing. If you go to a tower battle and Tab-Q and don't say more then "1234" because you accidentally pressed enter, you're not RPing the tower battle even if you say you are.

However, if a group of people show up, and are shouting and coordinating their attacks in an In-Character Fashion then yes, they're doing a good job RPing a tower battle.

I personally don't do tower battle because I don't feel it's In-Character for a Civil Department, such as Omni-Trans, to take part in Military operations.

Get a bunch of neutrals and what few Clan there are and start just talking in character, refusing to break character at Old Athen grid point. Let me know if you want to do something like this.

doing something like that would just be a big invitation for greifers to spoil anything that does happen.

Theres no reason not to RP at the grid but making an event out of it will cause nothing but trouble, be better off setting up a big RP group somewhere were there wont be many greifers so that new comers to RP don't get turned off by greifing

Unfortunately there are greifers no matter where you RP. You just have to learn how to ignore them.
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

Indeed, but going up to one of the most populated non-rp area's and starting to RP is a surefire way to cause a massive amount of greif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast