Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OOC: Clan RPers, where do you hang?

He makes a good point. Don't blame the bees for stinging you if you're hitting their hive with a stick.

Like the Neutrals, the best idea would be to pick a spot off the beaten path and try to get the RPers to gather there and make it that 'clan rp spot'

If you don't want the Griefer in the RP, don't take the RP to the Griefer.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Ok, to stage an RP event at OAG.... yes, its a bad idea. But if I'm standing around and one of my friends comes up and does casual roleplay, I'm going to play it out. Dont mean I gotta start yelling "IM ROLEPLAYING HERE!!! DIDDLE MEEEEEEEE!" Just RP, and dont think anything of it... if someone questions you why youre doing it, ask them why they arent. People go with the flow.
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Cylie View Post
    Unfortunately there are greifers no matter where you RP. You just have to learn how to ignore them.
    Agreed. My /ignore list grows longer regularly for griefing, KSing, or whatever situation this person is trying to push my buttons. Oddly enough, I rarely see the people I've ignored later. Maybe that's cause other ppl are ignoring them too and eventually they get bored with not having anyone to talk to. Heh. One can only hope.

RP wherever you want to. This is a RPG after all, and no I don't mean rocket-propelled grenade. You won't dodge all the griefers, but the /ignore feature comes in quite handy with that. On the flip side of things, you may find other people who have wanted to RP but couldn't find the RPers cause many choose to do it "in the shadows". Bonus - you just found another RPer.
    Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang ((Rimor))
    Roleplaying Profile of Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang
    The story continues: "Live by the Sword..."

Quote Originally Posted by ruken View Post
    Ok, to stage an RP event at OAG.... yes, its a bad idea. But if I'm standing around and one of my friends comes up and does casual roleplay, I'm going to play it out. Dont mean I gotta start yelling "IM ROLEPLAYING HERE!!! DIDDLE MEEEEEEEE!" Just RP, and dont think anything of it... if someone questions you why youre doing it, ask them why they arent. People go with the flow.
    You're right, but there comes a time when you may want to step away from the crowd.

Perfect example, last week Foos came to Rome to Question Hollow, and they were RPing outside of RBB (Which is not always a smart move.) The RP went fine until an ARK LTC showed up. The LTC drew attention of more RPs and very quickly the 1 on 1 RP session became a gathering, and once folks gathers people started mocking and griefing.

RP in public venues is fine, but for the sake of those involved it may be better to move away from the crowd if it gets too drawn out or if too any others decide to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    ...may be better to move away from the crowd if it gets too drawn out or if too any others decide to join in.

Exactly, dont be afraid to RP, but the more you attract, the more 10 year olds to come

If /rp-mode gets very much used, it can happen that spots doesn't get visited as much than the core roleplayers.
    Who knows, I am intrested to see how it will evolve.

Thats huge IF tho, but if you can find roleplaying anywhere...The spots are nice too
    Quote Originally Posted by ruken View Post
    Exactly, dont be afraid to RP, but the more you attract, the more 10 year olds to come
    I just learn to ignore griefing and not react ooc to it.

I hang out in RK4 now lol. It had alot to do with money and boredom. :/
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Can I have your stuff?

j/k we still <3 you and want you back, Bubba!

... pft... I want his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    You're right, but there comes a time when you may want to step away from the crowd.

Perfect example, last week Foos came to Rome to Question Hollow, and they were RPing outside of RBB (Which is not always a smart move.) The RP went fine until an ARK LTC showed up. The LTC drew attention of more RPs and very quickly the 1 on 1 RP session became a gathering, and once folks gathers people started mocking and griefing.

RP in public venues is fine, but for the sake of those involved it may be better to move away from the crowd if it gets too drawn out or if too any others decide to join in.
    However on the plus side of things there were some newer people to rp, and some interested rp that gathered around as well.

The only real problems with the griefers was they kept attacking the guards causing massive vicinity spam. The one guy seemed to shut up with his comment after I sent him the tell saying to move out of his parents basement. And Hollowpoint's IC "Go smoke your mother" comment, was all good fun.
    But what would have been great seeing how a LTC was there, if events could have put out some Omni-Pol STs (story tellers for those that don't know) and had the two guys detained for being omni and attacking omni guards. That would be all kinds of awesome.

Well the IC flags will be out soon, I'm sure that will attract a lot of griefers but on a plus side it also might bring out a lot of people that do what to rp. Thinking back I can remember first getting into RP and walking around PF to PF with a friend just looking for people to rp with and having no luck. Hopfully most that use the RP flag will know the difference between talking OOC and IC, and not be those people that seamlessly go out of one or the other and you have to start questioning the sanity of that person.

But if we're going to talk about finding rp, there's also the point of having the courage of making your own. Still the RPer that has my utmost respect was the player behind HarryDunn. Harry was out in front of Foreman's, flagged, being Omni-Pol and bugging everyone for IDs, and their reasons for being there and never broke character. That takes some serious effort and massive stones. On and just to ad is was about level 80, so a good majority of players at Foreman's were in his level range.

Oh yeah, and Bubba quit your whinning and get your butt back in game. The block is calling you.
    Maybe make a new weird froob toon or something.
    Other wise give me your stuff.
    Last edited by FoosballX; Jun 13th, 2008 at 15:41:33.

Dagget hangs out in on of the Old Athen backyard, can't remember the number now, though.

well, looks like youre getting your wishes... not my stuff ofc, but ill be in this week for a pow wow or three.

see ya soon.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12