Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tip to all whiners about nanoresist vs. Traders/debuffers

Clark:

Traders debuffs are WAY to powerful, and needs some form of NERF now! In PvP it shouldnt be possible to stack them, or only 50% effect just like dmg. There might be other solutions, as long as it is a nerf.
    you cudents say it better..

I think the best way to fix this unbalance is to make the cast
    time alot longer...( like the Nanoshutdown) divest and plunder
    have like 3 sec recharge.. (thats fast!!!) thay shud have alot longer cast time..this way..out Nano resist will make more
    sense...and yes..divest and plunder..shudent stack..

ok then... remember when we were talkin on IRC? and you said you were more uber then me? and we were gonna have a fight? well, I'm still up for it mister!

Originally posted by JhoannaX
    ok then... remember when we were talkin on IRC? and you said you were more uber then me? and we were gonna have a fight? well, I'm still up for it mister!

Well, that was against your lvl 75 NT... what did you think?
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Re: I have no more to say..

Originally posted by Tecscope
    If you guys dont understand what the heck i am talking about
    then read my post again..

end ot storry..
    Um we understood it you moron it just doesnt explain why you misquoted me and flamed me endlessly because you couldnt read english.

I think it's been clearly stated enough times.

If you cant read the language dont try and flame someone for things you make up in your head. Learn to read what they say.

Doesn't really matter though granted you will constantly resist plunder but being doc max rating I can get without gimping myself will be around 800 and even on full defense I will only resist diverest skills( or however you spell it) 1 out of 10 times. The 1K + nano skill rating of trader is kinda hard to match any class in nano resist but a enforcer , fixer.

ok, instead of nerfing trader drains, why not raising the nanoresist % thingie on the drains, to say... 200% for the first line and 300% or so for the third line?

or something like that, so quoting kinkstaah

"the normal people get to resist stuff aswell", or well something like that (he was talking about enforcers and rage nanoline)

or something like this ... or just add 150% efficiency to nanoresist hell what do I know I'm just a stupid little girl

to whom it may concern,

Nano Resist DOES NOT work as you described. I have 1016 Nano Resist with my NT and I will get divested everytime withing 20-30 seconds to a battle. That disables me for 3 minutes and this is enough for me to die 3-4 times in a row. The most times I have ever resisted divest was 6 times in a row. And that was one out of 20 tries or so.

What I am trying to say is that every nano with 100% resist is pretty easy to land. Nanos with 110%+ resists are slightly harder to land, this is where nano resist actually works, but ONLY if you are on a full defence.

Increasing the effectiveness of nano resistance even further is pretty simple-minded thinking and either show that you have a very limited understanding of other professions/game dynamics or alternatively you are not even concerned how this would effect other nano based professions.

If you increase the effectiveness of nano resistance you will render all offensive nanos in this game next to useless. This would effect NTs, MPs, Crats, Docs, Traders, Agents, Fixers, Enforcer, and Adventurers (sorry if I forgot to mention any).

You are saying that all these professions should suffer a penalty because two or three professions in this game have offensive nanos (debuffs) that have not been balanced properly for PvP.

Well I completely disagree with you. So I ask you....

Why not fix problems that everybody know about, instead of starting to tweak all the other professions to fit that templete of a problem, which still not guarantee that the problem will be fixed?

Why would the remaining 8-9 professions (not able to PvP effectively) have to wait for over a year to be viable in only aspect of the game that is doable after you have reached higher level?

Why do you think certain professions should be immune for balance fixes when other professions have already been balanced heavily?

Traders are overpowered in PvP at the moment because to your benefit FC has decided to ignore the problem. You have not been properly balanced for PvP. This also applies to couple of other debuff related profession problems, which should be addressed and not with an expense of other professions.
    Last edited by North; Sep 25th, 2002 at 21:24:40.

To tired to come up with an answer, soon going to bed. Just saying that NR works ok, aslong as you dont fight at 100% agg-modifier, damnit.

Nano resist does not work.

I'm a 179 Doctor, maxxed Nano Resist (til 190th), and Faded/Bright clusters in. Yesterday in 2h0 I was easily drained multiple times by a level 110 Trader. Of course that trader could not kill me off quickly....but it effectively made it so I could only do 1-80 damage per shot (50-75% effective snakemaster is junk). I could no longer CH, debuff or do any other offensive or defensive action. If I were not able to get away to zone, that guy (69 levels below me) would have easily wasted me.

But, but...Yense you have init debuffs!! You are uber!

Balderdash. Doctor init debuffs work only on Nano init, and do not STOP casting completely as do Traders and MPs.

Say I walk into a 25% zone. I spot a Trader sitting around picking his nose...so I hit him with an init debuff.

He starts casting his divest. All he has to do is start it, because it will complete no matter what, as docs have nearly no offensive abilities other than a gimpy shotgun. Once it lands its all over with, because ANY weapon that I chose to use around my level will instantly OE. This is harsher for doctors than nearly any profession.

So are Traders overpowered? I for one think they are rediculously overpowered. I used to think Doctors were overpowered also, however I've changed my way of looking at things. Sure we may be hard to kill, but we sure as heck can't kill any profession out there in a one on one fight.

Advent: Similar heal abilities, MUCH better damage potential
    Doc: Doc vs Doc at high levels is just a joke. (neither can kill the other)
    Agent : Mimic Trader and go to town.
    Trader : Covered above.
    Soldier : Alphas, TMS, great weapon stats. If they are smart and get a Fixer HoT before fights they are impossible to beat.
    Enforcer : Hard hitters, WAY too many hp.
    Crat: Roots, so-so weapon skills, One of the best nukes in the game, pets.
    NT : Crown of Frost, Nullity, roots, high nano resist, nukes.
    Fixer : WAY better HoTs than us, almost impossible to even scratch.
    MP : Nano Shutdown, pets, Mind Quake (-100 to all nano skills for 18 seconds), Dominate Line, one of the best nukes in the game, heal and attack pets.
    Engineer : Pet, Transference, high AC
    MA : Crit city, healing, any damage type

That's my look on things as a 179 Doctor, every stat/skill maxxed for title, using a 199 Snakemaster and 15% crit scope.

Other professions will look at this list completely differently, however you have to look at it in my shoes.

Very low Attack Rating with any weapon I choose. (757 shotgun atm)
    Only good heals are the top end ones, and those are taken from me against 4 of the professions above.
    Our DoTs can only scratch people in PvP, even when stacked.
    Only good init debuffs are the top end ones, and those are taken from me against 4 of the professions above. The other people just laugh about them and continue to fire/hit at the same speed.

There, finally I've made a Trader rant...after all this time. Well, actually its a rant about how gimpy the Doctor has become versus any other class out there.

-Yense

So youre basically saying that you have to farm every single NR item in game, fully implant NR, max NR AND run at 100% defensive to even stand a chance against a trader in PvP?

Seems rather silly that they are the only profession that you have to take such extreme measures to stand 1/2 a chance against in PvP.

Perhaps divest/plunder are simply too overpowered in PvP.

Miir, you are correct. Albeit you will still get divested withing 5-30 seconds to a battle. You can't escape from 100% resistance nanos. This has been tested over many hours with 1016 NR and on full defence. I have to admit that you do have a good chance not being Plundered as well, but Divest is enough to kill most professions regardless...Plunder is what is called on overkill. You might as well terminate at that point.

I have said it before, ill say it again.

Nerf cryers suck. they are all whiney little babies who cant handle not being "uber powerfull"

A trader comes, I run. bottom line. I dont care..

IF you cry for a nerf, you suck.

And i remember a post where Cozmik even SAID, if a doc, or NT see's a trader coming, they had better have a nice run speed. IT is intended to be that way. So all you nerf cryers. I hope you get owned over and over and over again, so your frustraion boils over and you just quit. Im tired of hearing you.,
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Turin

or maybe you suck becuse you need this kind a powerd professions to be good and cant play any other clasess..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12